Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Switching Sides

XenoFish

3 hours ago, Davros of Skaro said:

Praise Jesus Placebo Christ and the Holy you know what!

Hallelujah! Amen!

Jesus is the only true placebo that delivers the highest legal dosage of the Holy Dopamine Ghost.:lol:

• Like 1

On 12/12/2020 at 9:10 PM, XenoFish said:

@eight bits You brought up a good question in Onlookers thread. So I figured instead of derailing his thread this question deserved it's own chance to shine.

What do you think is the best argument for believing in God (or any god you choose)?

I'll just copy paste my answer.

Hope and a greater sense of community. Perhaps even a meaning to one's life. 

personally I would begin with looking at the best argument for 'intelligent design'......what who how and why orchestrated this intelligent design is secondary IMO.

The more I learn about 'life' and how 'intelligent' it is at a molecular level the more I tend to lean towards intelligent design.

On 12/13/2020 at 7:40 AM, XenoFish said:

What do you think is the best argument for believing in God (or any god you choose)?

Either give life meaning and/or explain existence.  While they're not convincing to me, I see then as the best argument for God.

• Like 1

On 12/13/2020 at 10:51 AM, Will Do said:

How about that in all honesty, there isn't an arguement at all, to not believe in God. 

Provided you're satisfied with hearsay.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

Provided you're satisfied with hearsay.

Well not really.

But the experiences do give life meaning and explain what living is for. 

And for that, I thank God as often as I can.

Edited by Will Do

10 hours ago, Will Do said:

Well not really.

But the experiences do give life meaning and explain what living is for. 

And for that, I thank God as often as I can.

Yes really, you thank an invisible friend invented by someone else.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

I have no problem with rewiring your brain...it's called Positive Thought Process.  It has...in reality...nothing to do with belief in God.  I get the video though...showing how all of that Faith can actually have Positive Changes in your brain...no problem with that either.

The thing is, an invisible entity that one has never seen cannot 'change your brain' .  You are literally changing your brain with the thoughts that YOU think.  Hence, the old line from that Chevy Chase/Bill Murray movie...    See your future...Be your future.

• Like 4

• The topic was locked

Thread cleaned. Folks, knock it off with the talking about each other. And really stop with the off topic commentary- this is the SvsS section, take the politics chat over to the politics threads. 

• Thanks 2

• The topic was unlocked
On 12/14/2020 at 7:38 AM, XenoFish said:

Jesus is the only true placebo that delivers the highest legal dosage of the Holy Dopamine Ghost.:lol:

Hallelujah!

Don't forget the many Reality Tunnel construction projects that Jesus Placebo Christ via the HDG provides. ;)

• Haha 2