Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Something Going On In Apt.

Brandy333

Something has been going on in my apt. recently and am not real sure what it is.   I don't have any pets but last night after I had rolled onto my left side, which I usually do so I can see my clock and the door, I felt my comforter tighten some around my frontside as if someone from behind pulled on it.  I was lying still so it wasn't me.   Sometimes when I wake at night I've seen what looks like a black form zoom toward me in bed.

Recently I had made a couple of posts about the Manson murders, and studied in depth about one of his followers who died of a brain tumor while in prison.  One night since then after going to bed, turned on my left side, I felt something on my waist that felt like one of my dogs had snuggled up to me, when I had dogs.   Well later that night I woke and saw a black form going over me near the ceiling.   The second I looked up I heard a dog bark right next to me, as if a dog were watching the form also, but I don't have a dog.   Another time, sitting in a chair in my room, having read some more about Manson, I believe I was visited by a spirit.   My speakers were on but no music was playing, yet I definitely heard what sounded like a miniature bell ring every few seconds.   I didn't see anything but my eyes followed the sound.

If these things keep up I will have my apt. blessed and cleansed.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Brandy333 said:

Something has been going on in my apt. recently and am not real sure what it is.   I don't have any pets but last night after I had rolled onto my left side, which I usually do so I can see my clock and the door, I felt my comforter tighten some around my frontside as if someone from behind pulled on it.  I was lying still so it wasn't me.   Sometimes when I wake at night I've seen what looks like a black form zoom toward me in bed.

Recently I had made a couple of posts about the Manson murders, and studied in depth about one of his followers who died of a brain tumor while in prison.  One night since then after going to bed, turned on my left side, I felt something on my waist that felt like one of my dogs had snuggled up to me, when I had dogs.   Well later that night I woke and saw a black form going over me near the ceiling.   The second I looked up I heard a dog bark right next to me, as if a dog were watching the form also, but I don't have a dog.   Another time, sitting in a chair in my room, having read some more about Manson, I believe I was visited by a spirit.   My speakers were on but no music was playing, yet I definitely heard what sounded like a miniature bell ring every few seconds.   I didn't see anything but my eyes followed the sound.

These normally appear when a death has happened or will happen soon.

Not yours if you are getting the visitations. They seem to turn up to watch, nothing more.

1 hour ago, Brandy333 said:

Ever heard of Voodoo?   Basically you are filling your mind with fear and negative energy.  The 'feelings' you get and the 'dark form' you think is something is only a manifestation of the negative energy you willingly introduced into your own mind.  It doesn't really exist.  Only in your mind...and it exists in your mind because you invited it.

Why would you fill  your mind with thoughts of Manson and his followers and all that?   Don't.  My advice.  Stick with what is real and positive and dwell on that.  The past isn't real.  It doesn't exist.  Nor does the future.  You don't need to cleanse your apartment Brandy...you need to cleanse your mind. :)

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, joc said:

Ever heard of Voodoo?   Basically you are filling your mind with fear and negative energy.  The 'feelings' you get and the 'dark form' you think is something is only a manifestation of the negative energy you willingly introduced into your own mind.  It doesn't really exist.  Only in your mind...and it exists in your mind because you invited it.

Why would you fill  your mind with thoughts of Manson and his followers and all that?   Don't.  My advice.  Stick with what is real and positive and don't dwell on that.  The past isn't real.  It doesn't exist.  Nor does the future.  You don't need to cleanse your apartment Brandy...you need to cleanse your mind. :)

The only reason I even thought about Manson and his followers was due to an article I saw stating how one of the women still in prison recently was again denied parole for something like the 17th time.   Then I read other articles, but I haven't read any more recently about them and won't.    

Just now, Brandy333 said:

The only reason I even thought about Manson and his followers was due to an article I saw stating how one of the women still in prison recently was again denied parole for something like the 17th time.   Then I read other articles, but I haven't read any more recently about them and won't.    

Why did you read the article to begin with?  I think...for entertainment.  It's why news stories are out there everywhere...entertainment.  Who cares what happens to a butchering murderer?  See, I kind of know what I'm talking about here...because I stopped myself from doing all of that and it has been great!  Furthermore, I find myself from time to time running movies in my head...what if's...involving most thought process about what if this happened what would I do...when I recognize what I am doing...I stop it and every time I tell myself, No, we aren't playing movies out in our head...stick with what's real.  It's one way I have found to greatly diminish the amount of stress in my life.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Brandy333 said:

but I haven't read any more recently about them and won't.    

You better start reading a Science - Fiction. It's healthier.^_^

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brandy333 said:

The second I looked up I heard a dog bark right next to me, as if a dog were watching the form also, but I don't have a dog.   Another time, sitting in a chair in my room, having read some more about Manson, I believe I was visited by a spirit

I do also. The dog could be a past pet or just a protective entity. I agree with joc about your thoughts but I'm going to take this further and suggest you brought this in with your mind and it became tangible. I don't think we have tapped in to how powerful our mind can be and what it is capable of.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, openozy said:

I do also. The dog could be a past pet or just a protective entity. I agree with joc about your thoughts but I'm going to take this further and suggest you brought this in with your mind and it became tangible. I don't think we have tapped in to how powerful our mind can be and what it is capable of.

Well, it does bring me great joy on one hand to have you agree with me...however...we actually have tapped into the power of our minds.  We know that the 'power' in our minds, for example, is in the Thought Process that we possess due to the arrangement and amount of Neo Cortex in our brains.

Furthermore...we know that we can, through virtue of said thought process, create varyingly endless things to better our lives, etc.  On the other hand we also know that there is no real 'power' in brain waves. One cannot create anything into thin air...we can only create ideas and vehicles to manipulate the known universe around us.  Tangible means real...real physicality.  If Brandy has that kind of power...I would like her to make a million dollars automatically appear in my checking account.

Edited by joc

2 hours ago, openozy said:

Oh I know how powerful the mind can be.   I'll try to condense a couple of things that I found interesting.  Not saying I caused these things to happen, just an eerie coincidence.

1.   About the time JAWS came out I used to listen to a popular group whose music I enjoyed and some of it made me think of the ocean, which I love.   Well at that time JAWS was real popular, and thinking about the movie, listening to the music I thought about sharks in the ocean.  Not long after I read they thought due to the annual migration of shrimp near the beaches, sharks were following the shrimp, an estimated 3,000 sharks.   It shocked me because I had thought a lot about sharks in the ocean due to the movie.    The sharks could be seen near the beaches by the Coast Guard, about a 20-mile stretch, between Port Aransas and Padre Island, Texas.

2.   Back around 2008 one day in my home, I just had the thought one day how mundane things seemed to be and I wished a mystery would happen, nothing in particular.   Well just a few days later the airliner MH 370 disappeared.   Quite a coincidense. 

Edited by Brandy333
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Brandy333 said:

Oh I know how powerful the mind can be.   I'll try to condense a couple of things that I found interesting.  Not saying I caused these things to happen, just an eerie coincidence.

1.   About the time JAWS came out I used to listen to a popular group whose music I enjoyed and some of it made me think of the ocean, which I love.   Well at that time JAWS was real popular, and thinking about the movie, listening to the music I thought about sharks in the ocean.  Not long after I read they thought due to the annual migration of shrimp near the beaches, sharks were following the shrimp, an estimated 3,000 sharks.   It shocked me because I had thought a lot about sharks in the ocean due to the movie.

2.   Back around 2008 one day in my home, I just had the thought one day how mundane things seemed to be and I wished a mystery would happen, nothing in particular.   Well just a few days later the airliner NH 370 disappeared.   Quite a coincidense. 

So you think you conjured up 3000 sharks with your mind?  That they would not have been there following shrimp without your mental conjuring?

And..you think you caused the NH 370 to disappear by  wishing you had a mystery?

Nah...I'm misreading what you are saying...please...tell me I am misreading what you are saying.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, joc said:

So you think you conjured up 3000 sharks with your mind?  That they would not have been there following shrimp without your mental conjuring?

And..you think you caused the NH 370 to disappear by  wishing you had a mystery?

Nah...I'm misreading what you are saying...please...tell me I am misreading what you are saying.

I know it sounds incredible, but I think it was just coincidence, eerie though.

4 minutes ago, Brandy333 said:

I know it sounds incredible, but I think it was just coincidence, eerie though.

It doesn't really sound that incredible Brandy. B)

I think  you need to go back and reread my first post.  You are creating scenarios in your mind that have no basis in reality. It's a slippery path to go on.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brandy333 said:

1.   About the time JAWS came out I used to listen to a popular group whose music I enjoyed and some of it made me think of the ocean, which I love.   Well at that time JAWS was real popular, and thinking about the movie, listening to the music I thought about sharks in the ocean.  Not long after I read they thought due to the annual migration of shrimp near the beaches, sharks were following the shrimp, an estimated 3,000 sharks.   It shocked me because I had thought a lot about sharks in the ocean due to the movie.    The sharks could be seen near the beaches by the Coast Guard, about a 20-mile stretch, between Port Aransas and Padre Island, Texas.

2.   Back around 2008 one day in my home, I just had the thought one day how mundane things seemed to be and I wished a mystery would happen, nothing in particular.   Well just a few days later the airliner MH 370 disappeared.   Quite a coincidense. 

25 minutes ago, joc said:

I think this was a premonition, Brandy just tapped into these events.The movie put her mind towards the sharks.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, joc said:

One cannot create anything into thin air...we can only create ideas and vehicles to manipulate the known universe around us.  Tangible means real...real physicality.  If Brandy has that kind of power...I would like her to make a million dollars automatically appear in my checking account.

Well I have created Tulpas from thin air that others have witnessed and felt, I'm quite aware of what tangible means. I don't expect to be believed on here about this.

What is a Tulpa?

1 minute ago, openozy said:

A manifested being or object.

Okay...fine if you believe you can do that...I just kind of don't. B)

3 minutes ago, joc said:

Okay...fine if you believe you can do that...I just kind of don't. B)

As I said I don't expect you to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joc said:

It doesn't really sound that incredible Brandy. I think  you need to go back and reread my first post.  You are creating scenarios in your mind that have no basis in reality. It's a slippery path to go on.  

Let me tell you what happened to my mother many years ago.   She was at a Sears Dept. store and while shopping she came to the lighting section where many lights on display were turned on to show their lighting capacity.   She said she was intrigued with all those lights on, plus all the store lights on, and she thought it must have taken quite a bit of electricity.   Perhaps she didn't think it was necessary to be burning all those lights, I don't know, but she said at the very instance she thought of all those lights on every light in Sears went out and the whole store was dark.  After a while management got the lights back on.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brandy333 said:

Let me tell you what happened to my mother many years ago.   She was at a Sears Dept. store and while shopping she came to the lighting section where many lights on display were turned on to show their lighting capacity.   She said she was intrigued with all those lights on, plus all the store lights on, and she thought it must have taken quite a bit of electricity.   Perhaps she didn't think it was necessary to be burning all those lights, I don't know, but she said at the very instance she thought of all those lights on every light in Sears went out and the whole store was dark.  After a while management got the lights back on.

ooooooooooh....eerie Brandy...She thought about the lights and the electricity went off.  See,  when you give credence to things like, you are creating a meaning in your own mind that just isn't there.

12 minutes ago, Brandy333 said:

Just the power of thought or your mum could be a SLIder, street light interference. These people are always having trouble with electrical appliances if you haven't heard of this.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Goddess of the Mist said:

This is pretty spooky!  Do you live alone?  I was thinking that some of your feelings you were having - like the dog laying next to you - could be your brain remembering things and causing your body to actually experience these sensations.  When you had a dog, did it often lay next to you in bed?  Our minds are definitely very powerful things and can cause physical sensations just by thinking of something.  The black forms or shapes are something else.  Do you get any certain vibes from them?  I've seen things like that in my house but never felt any type of threatening energy or anything so I usually don't give it much thought.  That, and I believe that things could be existing all around us that we don't necessarily pick up on due to our senses being limited.  It could be anything really.  If you are feeling frightened or threatened though, I would think about some type of cleansing ritual.  You could burn some sage or incense and around the apartment and invite in positive energy and banish the negative.  Open windows and visualize what you want gone to be gone.  Do this with intent.  

Yes it is pretty spooky, and yes I live alone.   However, since I quit reading about Manson or anything having to do with that some of the events have ceased.    I've had several dogs in the past, big and little, but long ago if I had a Terrier it would sleep with me.

When I first moved into this apt. I sort of knew I wasn't alone.    Having had some pretty rough bumps health wise for a few years home health comes during the week to assist, and I've spoken about "feelings" felt in the apt. with a few of my caregivers.   Well once when I had to be on Rehab for physical therapy my caregiver then had to come to the apt. to get some clothes.   She was by herself but said while in the apt. she knew she was not alone.  But she said she didn't feel anything evil in the apt. and didn't think the spirit wanted to hurt me.  Another woman told me that she used to take care of a woman that lived in the apt. I am now in, and that the woman had had a heart attack at 58 and died.   She didn't say where the woman died.

I've never felt any cold spots in the apt, never any bad smells.    But, and I'm not sure if I'm dreaming or awake, a form appears by my bedside sort of humanoid-like.   I don't really feel scared when it appears, more like bothered that I see it.  I just say "I rebuke you in the name of Jesus" and it goes away.   I know there's spirits at this complex.   Once a woman told me there was a former resident in the apt. she was living in who had died, and she said sometimes she saw the deceased woman's spirit on the property walking around.

I usually keep my bedroom and bathroom door closed at night to be warmer, and sometimes I hear a noise like someone is in the living room.   I'm in a one bedroom apt.   I don't usually go check it out, but stay in my room.  The few times I have left the room at night and gone to the kitchen for a snack, sometimes I "feel" a presence, but just go on as if it's not there.

Edited by Brandy333

• 4 weeks later...

"Another time, sitting in a chair in my room, having read some more about Manson"

Are you reading or watching stuff like that right before bed? I'd suggest not doing that, because you're going to sleep with that fresh in your mind and it's probably triggering bad dreams.

I think you are actually dreaming when you're experiencing those things. From experience, I can tell you I've had many dreams where I knew I was awake, but I wasn't. But the dreams were so real, I couldn't tell what was happening when I was awake and when I was asleep, dream and reality just seemed to merge into each other.

Maybe just read here or watch something less disturbing. I'm often awake late at night or I sleep and am back up again because I often do first and 2nd sleep pattern. So I'll just come to my computer and read here or post, or like last night I was watching some episodes of 'Unsolved Mysteries'. I love that show. But I totally avoid anything that is like horror. 

2 hours ago, Hyperionxvii said:

"Another time, sitting in a chair in my room, having read some more about Manson"

Are you reading or watching stuff like that right before bed? I'd suggest not doing that, because you're going to sleep with that fresh in your mind and it's probably triggering bad dreams.

I think you are actually dreaming when you're experiencing those things. From experience, I can tell you I've had many dreams where I knew I was awake, but I wasn't. But the dreams were so real, I couldn't tell what was happening when I was awake and when I was asleep, dream and reality just seemed to merge into each other.

Maybe just read here or watch something less disturbing. I'm often awake late at night or I sleep and am back up again because I often do first and 2nd sleep pattern. So I'll just come to my computer and read here or post, or like last night I was watching some episodes of 'Unsolved Mysteries'. I love that show. But I totally avoid anything that is like horror. 

I haven't read any more about Manson or any of that stuff.   Sometimes I listen to music just before bed, or watch videos about animals.