Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Simple Psych Quizzes Online

Mirzam

https://www.personalityquiz.net/profiles/index.html

I once took a class where we took a few psych quizzes like this that were fun and helpful for self-reflection. Does anybody know where there are more sites with similar quizzes? Like the brain dominance test and Myers-Briggs type indicator? 

Preferably sites such as this one that don't require you to sign up with an email and enter personal information or that will sell your results?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Eon said:

https://www.16personalities.com/

Try this to know more about your personality

Oh well it appears i am a virtuoso personality.

14 hours ago, smanthaonvaca said:

https://www.personalityquiz.net/profiles/index.html

I once took a class where we took a few psych quizzes like this that were fun and helpful for self-reflection. Does anybody know where there are more sites with similar quizzes? Like the brain dominance test and Myers-Briggs type indicator? 

Preferably sites such as this one that don't require you to sign up with an email and enter personal information or that will sell your results?

I found the brain dominance quiz online about 20 years ago.  I took it several times and every time it was different, always close to 51/49 left/right or 48/52 left right.  The guy I was dating at the time told me that meant I was crazy, but he was the one who was crazy.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

The guy I was dating at the time told me that meant I was crazy, but he was the one who was crazy.

That's what they all say! :P

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, onlookerofmayhem said:

That's what they all say! :P

Well considering I am still here and he purposely left the planet You decide who was crazy.

P.S.  I probably shouldn't have mentioned that part.   I do think balance is better than imblance, including whether you tend to be left brained or right brained.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 3

I found a different kind of right/left brained test.   https://testyourself.psychtests.com/testid/3178

Overall Result
spacer.gifgraph_arrow.gif 54
graph_background_general.gif
spacer.gifgraph_slider_general.gif

Both your right and left hemisphere seem to have reached a level of perfect harmony - rather than trying to dominant each other, they work together to create a unique and well-balanced "you". Your spontaneous, impulsive, and free-flowing right brain creates an exciting and adventurous world, while your left brain helps you make sense of it and keep track of everything.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Left Right Brain Nonsense

"The left-brain/right-brain dichotomy is pop-psychology pseudoscience. Be suspicious of anyone touting it as a legitimate or insightful way of looking at human personality or cognition."

Edited by Abramelin
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I got very different result from this test that one I took a long time ago, assertive entertainer, what does that mean?

Your Results
TYPE: Assertive Entertainer ?
CODE: ESFP-A ?
ROLE: Explorer ?
STRATEGY: People Mastery ?

20 hours ago, Eon said:

https://www.16personalities.com/

Try this to know more about your personality

Wow my answers were completely different on this one.... How am I supposed to know what is right :lol: Could probably take a few more.

First one: ESTP

16Personalities: ISTJ-A

:blink:

• Like 1

@Desertrat56
Results for the testyourself.psychtests gave me 46.

Do you remember which quiz gave you the "assertive entertainer" result?

I found this definition on the "16personalities" website:

https://www.16personalities.com/esfp-personality

Screenshot_2020-12-15-00-22-51-321.jpeg

10 hours ago, smanthaonvaca said:

Wow my answers were completely different on this one.... How am I supposed to know what is right :lol: Could probably take a few more.

First one: ESTP

16Personalities: ISTJ-A

:blink:

Probably an indication that the tests are crap and psychology can't be distilled in to a 10, 20 or 100 question quiz.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, smanthaonvaca said:

@Desertrat56
Results for the testyourself.psychtests gave me 46.

Do you remember which quiz gave you the "assertive entertainer" result?

I found this definition on the "16personalities" website:

https://www.16personalities.com/esfp-personality

It was the same test you show on your link

3 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

Probably an indication that the tests are crap and psychology can't be distilled in to a 10, 20 or 100 question quiz.

Haha they aren't really comprehensive... The official Myers Briggs site offers a paid test and more history behind the test as well as counseling. I think I may have taken the original one in one of my classes. I remember it being very different from these, and it took longer. These are shorter in both design and timing.

Truity.com gave me different results as well...

Five + tests and my only consistent letter is the third "T" with every result.... :mellow:

Edited by smanthaonvaca
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

The same as taking an IQ test on the internet or astrology in general, even fortune tellers with their weird cards and a Crystal sphere are more believable.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Eon said:

The same as taking an IQ test on the internet or astrology in general, even fortune tellers with their weird cards and a Crystal sphere are more believable.

That's a funny thing about IQ. Some like to think a high IQ equals success, when success is more self discipline. Sure being smarter does help, so does dedication and determination.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm just going with my fortune cookie reading:

You are way smarter than everyone else!  

• Haha 3

On 12/15/2020 at 5:04 PM, XenoFish said:

" I once took a class where we took a few psych quizzes like this that were fun and helpful for self-reflection."

Psychology is the study of philosophy + biology so there will always be theoretical studies and new hypothesis being proposed. Some theories have scientifical backing including more biology, but a lot of psychology is still simply theoretical. His mention of S. Freud was a good example of this. I don't advocate solid mathematical answers for anything in relation to Myers-Briggs but it is helpful for self-reflection. He describes this from 13:30 - 16:00 min in the video.

What he mostly discusses in the earlier half of the video are variables. The challenge with measuring variables in personality type tests is that no individual lives in a controlled experiment environment unless they are forced in to one and watched at every moment in time, and that would be something sort of similar to a prison. You still have to consider free will.

Examples of Variables:

A stressful event.

If you take the test one week and everything is going wonderfully, but someone you loves passes away, you are in an accident, or some other significant event, your result may be different when you retake the test the following week.

Surroundings (handful of variables in here).

People change. Their environment changes along with their jobs, groups of friends and acquantainces, test environment, and other variables... So personality can be situationally measured moment by moment, but not infinitely.

Honesty and interpretation.

Anyone could lie on the test or repress emotion that they do not fully comprehend. The test interpreters could have bias when interpreting results although they are not supposed to.

19 hours ago, Eon said:

I personally don't believe in anyyyy of it hahaha.. but to each their own and I can respect that. I used to find it fun and entertaining but lost interest. For others, it is a personal preference of faith or entertainment. I tried Tarot for a bit but it didn't hold my interest. I would't mind getting my Tarot done though! I have had them done for me before and a lot of people who do it are very spiritually and emotionally talented. Astrology I never took a liking to but I believe that it is largely faith based.

Some of it intersects with theology, which I have done minimal research on. Some Wiccans believe in Tarot and they have different variations of it. The variation I tried was Chinese mathematical.