Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Mirzam

Simple Psych Quizzes Online

44 posts in this topic

Eon
5 hours ago, smanthaonvaca said:

I personally don't believe in anyyyy of it hahaha.. but to each their own and I can respect that. I used to find it fun and entertaining but lost interest. For others, it is a personal preference of faith or entertainment. I tried Tarot for a bit but it didn't hold my interest. I would't mind getting my Tarot done though! I have had them done for me before and a lot of people who do it are very spiritually and emotionally talented. Astrology I never took a liking to but I believe that it is largely faith based.

Some of it intersects with theology, which I have done minimal research on. Some Wiccans believe in Tarot and they have different variations of it. The variation I tried was Chinese mathematical.

witchcraft? I like it in rpgs

• Like 1

Sherapy
On 12/16/2020 at 2:12 AM, XenoFish said:

That's a funny thing about IQ. Some like to think a high IQ equals success, when success is more self discipline. Sure being smarter does help, so does dedication and determination.

Having a great work ethic is interchangeable and can and does equal success in many frames. For ex: an honor student is using an incredible work ethic ( effort, determination etc. etc) to get and maintain those “A”s to get the most out of their education by adding to their knowledge base and maximize critical thinking and expand their options. 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 1

XenoFish
6 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Having a great work ethic is interchangeable and can and does equal success in many frames. For ex: an honor student is using an incredible work ethic ( effort, determination etc. etc) to get and maintain those “A”s to get the most out of their education by adding to their knowledge base and maximize critical thinking and expand their options. 

Good for them. While the rest of us average morons keep a good schedule and use common sense. 

XenoFish

From what I can tell college educated idiot is a thing. 

• Like 1

Desertrat56
13 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

There is also the factor that "success" is subjective.  It should be determined by how a person feels, not how other judge them.  There are many people I know who tested really high on the IQ tests (and there are many and varied) who are not earning big bucks but are perfectly happy with their choices.  And I know many who did not score above average but have above average accomplishments.

• Like 3

Sherapy
4 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Good for them. While the rest of us average morons keep a good schedule and use common sense. 

Interesting you mention common sense, one of the Doctor’s I work for who is a millionaire many times over ( real estate) and a successful Doctor specializing in Pulmonary says “Sheri in my chosen field it is really a lot of common sense.”

There is nothing moronic about common sense or having a work ethic, do not sell yourself short Xeno. 

• Like 2

Sherapy
1 minute ago, Desertrat56 said:

There is also the factor that "success" is subjective.  It should be determined by how a person feels, not how other judge them.  There are many people I know who tested really high on the IQ tests (and there are many and varied) who are not earning big bucks but are perfectly happy with their choices.  And I know many who did not score above average but have above average accomplishments.

Great point. I think loving what one does matters a lot too. Not everyone needs to go to college either, but if they want to good for them. 

• Like 2

XenoFish
1 minute ago, Sherapy said:

Interesting you mention common sense, one of the Doctor’s I work for who is a millionaire many times over ( real estate) and a successful Doctor specializing in Pulmonary says “Sheri in my chosen field it is really a lot of common sense.”

There is nothing moronic about common sense or having a work ethic, do not sell yourself short Xeno. 

Oh I'm not selling myself short. School wise I'm an idiot. C's and D's all the way through, crap GPA. By all accounts I'm a knuckle dragging moron on paper. Real world though. Those grades didn't mean a thing. People like to set a bar for intelligence with letters and numbers, that's cute, but not practical. 

• Like 3

Sherapy
Just now, XenoFish said:

Oh I'm not selling myself short. School wise I'm an idiot. C's and D's all the way through, crap GPA. By all accounts I'm a knuckle dragging moron on paper. Real world though. Those grades didn't mean a thing. People like to set a bar for intelligence with letters and numbers, that's cute, but not practical. 

Not everyone needs to go to college or wants to and it is their choice, there are many paths to success. 

• Like 1

XenoFish
Just now, Sherapy said:

Not everyone needs to go to college or wants to and it is their choice, there are many paths to success. 

Yeah. Been at it 22 years. It gets quite annoying when people brag about their degree or extended education while also being dumb as a brick. 

• Like 1

Mirzam
20 hours ago, Eon said:

witchcraft? I like it in rpgs

Haven't tried it in rpgs since probably early 2000s. There are different types of wiccan and sometimes it is referred to as witchcraft, but you dont have to be of the wiccan religion to perform magick and witchcraft. Typically mixed media refers to dark witchcraft.

Mirzam
11 hours ago, Sherapy said:

Absolutely. Success is definitely a mindset. The first traumatic incident in my life occurred when I was in Kindergarten and I was taken out of school two years later. Some of my relatives were convinced I would never be able to live a normal life. After something like that happens to you, it's easier to appreciate life more. I think success comes from accepting your circumstances as success regardless of any social status, income, or hardship. I consider my life successful but others may not. I think it is a sense of peacefulness to still consider fulfillment when others dont see it that way. I think that mindset applies to everyone, college or no college.

@XenoFishI dont think it really matters if someone decides to attend or not. The only time when it is completely necessary are for positions that require credentials and a deep understanding of the subject matter. There is still a lot that it offers so I don't disregard it completely. Aside from how our society requires expensive higher education and other structural issues, it can do a lot for people. It is difficult and I respect people who go. I dont think anyone needs to be shamed for attending or not attending. College is an accomplishment, and so aren't any accomplishments outside of college. Everyone is smart in a different way. We all have strengths and weaknesses.

• Thanks 1

Mirzam

@XenoFisheveryone gets a gold star sticker and any teacher otherwise is full of bs

tenor.gif

Edited by smanthaonvaca
gramma

XenoFish
3 hours ago, smanthaonvaca said:

@XenoFisheveryone gets a gold star sticker and any teacher otherwise is full of bs

tenor.gif

Not everyone derseves a gold star. That just breed mediocrity. Why put in an effort if you're going to be rewarded anyway. 

Speciality school (think med school) is great. I'm all in favor of trade school, but college is no longer needed. 

As for magick. It is the art and science of changing one's consciousness. The willful manipulation of our subjective reality tunnel.

Edited by XenoFish

Sherapy
6 hours ago, smanthaonvaca said:

Absolutely. Success is definitely a mindset. The first traumatic incident in my life occurred when I was in Kindergarten and I was taken out of school two years later. Some of my relatives were convinced I would never be able to live a normal life. After something like that happens to you, it's easier to appreciate life more. I think success comes from accepting your circumstances as success regardless of any social status, income, or hardship. I consider my life successful but others may not. I think it is a sense of peacefulness to still consider fulfillment when others dont see it that way. I think that mindset applies to everyone, college or no college.

@XenoFishI dont think it really matters if someone decides to attend or not. The only time when it is completely necessary are for positions that require credentials and a deep understanding of the subject matter. There is still a lot that it offers so I don't disregard it completely. Aside from how our society requires expensive higher education and other structural issues, it can do a lot for people. It is difficult and I respect people who go. I dont think anyone needs to be shamed for attending or not attending. College is an accomplishment, and so aren't any accomplishments outside of college. Everyone is smart in a different way. We all have strengths and weaknesses.

Very well said. 

• Like 1

Mirzam
11 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Not everyone derseves a gold star. That just breed mediocrity. Why put in an effort if you're going to be rewarded anyway. 

Speciality school (think med school) is great. I'm all in favor of trade school, but college is no longer needed. 

As for magick. It is the art and science of changing one's consciousness. The willful manipulation of our subjective reality tunnel.

No that was not intended to be taken seriously. I just have difficulties conveying my sense of humor.

I think even considering the number of schooling options overwhelms me. There are also week long programs and free online certs that I know people have found success with. I took a week long bartending course when I was serving. That was fun.

Magick I read about in relation to Wiccan theology. I dont know about how people use it outside of the religion (I think some Wiccans refer to this as Magicians and Sorcerers, but not Wiccans) because I have never practiced it aside from using relaxation and mind manifestation things such as tea and candles that helped me focus. Do you do Magick?

• Like 1

XenoFish
1 hour ago, smanthaonvaca said:

Do you do Magick?

I started back in around 93 when I was a teen. More of a casual thing, done for curiosity. After the death of my grandfather in 98 I directed all my efforts into seeing if the afterlife actually exists. With questionable results I gave that up and focused on more results based magick becoming a practitioner of chaos magick.  In 2010 I got heavily involved with the psychological model and have basically been there ever since. Currently reading the works of Robert Anton Wilson and see magick as a placebo effect of sorts. Do I still practice? In my own way.

• Like 1

Mirzam
5 hours ago, XenoFish said:

I started back in around 93 when I was a teen. More of a casual thing, done for curiosity. After the death of my grandfather in 98 I directed all my efforts into seeing if the afterlife actually exists. With questionable results I gave that up and focused on more results based magick becoming a practitioner of chaos magick.  In 2010 I got heavily involved with the psychological model and have basically been there ever since. Currently reading the works of Robert Anton Wilson and see magick as a placebo effect of sorts. Do I still practice? In my own way.

That sounds fascinating. I'd be interested to see your finds on the afterlife regardless of the final results. I did not know it was Robert Anton Wilson who wrote the Illuminatus! Trilogy, which is what was on his wiki page. I'd found the series on a book suggestions website one time. Unsure if that is what you are reading but it definitely has a lot of interesting philoshophy.

XenoFish
5 hours ago, smanthaonvaca said:

That sounds fascinating. I'd be interested to see your finds on the afterlife regardless of the final results. I did not know it was Robert Anton Wilson who wrote the Illuminatus! Trilogy, which is what was on his wiki page. I'd found the series on a book suggestions website one time. Unsure if that is what you are reading but it definitely has a lot of interesting philoshophy.

The only place that I know of where our deceased loved ones exist is within our memories. 

Prometheus Rising

Coincidance: A Head Test

Quantum Psychology

The New Inquisition

Email To The Universe

And I have Cosmic Trigger 1, 2, and 3 on the way. 

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 1