Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bluefinger

It’s been a long time since I have participated in this thread.  2020 has especially kept me busy.  My views have changed over the year and I’m wondering if others have too.  Has 2020 changed your outlook about the spiritual any?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Bluefinger said:

Has 2020 changed your outlook about the spiritual any?

Nope.

• Like 5

This year reinforced my view that, what you  experience inside your mind is far more important than anything you experience in the physical world 

This has been a very good year for me, because  people moved a little bit  away from the material,  and used their hearts more 

The kindness and generosity of friends and community  uplifted me. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Bluefinger said:

It’s been a long time since I have participated in this thread.  2020 has especially kept me busy.  My views have changed over the year and I’m wondering if others have too.  Has 2020 changed your outlook about the spiritual any?  

Hey, man!  Welcome back. 

A LOT has changed for me this year and most of it wasn't any fun but I'm thankful I only had to attend one funeral.  In 2017 I went to 5 of them.  It's a good question.  I think I have begun to change my perspective, especially since the election.  I've been furious because I feel like one Party ran an obvious scam and they're probably going to win big time.  I've had to do some deep breathing and try to calm down and work on a better perspective.  The months and years ahead won't be made any better by allowing myself to hate people.  I REFUSE to be goaded to that point.  

Hope you and yours have a wonderful Christmas.

• Like 2

No, no spiritual changes here this year. :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bluefinger said:

I am not Christian, I am Buddhist but I dont have any issues with any other religion. How have your views changed, I would be very interested to know?

Take Care my friend, I hope this message find you and your family Healthy, safe, and I hope you have wonderful Christmas and very Happy New Year.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

I am not Christian, I am Buddhist but I dont have any issues with any other religion. How have your views changed, I would be very interested to know?

Take Care my friend, I hope this message find you and your family Healthy, safe, and I hope you have wonderful Christmas and very Happy New Year.

My views on systems have changed.  Systems in themselves do not permit change.  2020 has given zero effs about any system, be it health care, political, or economic.  For this very reason, I've become less systematic in my theology and more adaptive in my thinking.  Early Christians were like that too, before Christianity became any country's state religion.  That is when it was most powerful too.  It relied on God's power rather than systematic theology.  It took 2020 for me to fully realize why.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, and then said:

Hey, man!  Welcome back. 

A LOT has changed for me this year and most of it wasn't any fun but I'm thankful I only had to attend one funeral.  In 2017 I went to 5 of them.  It's a good question.  I think I have begun to change my perspective, especially since the election.  I've been furious because I feel like one Party ran an obvious scam and they're probably going to win big time.  I've had to do some deep breathing and try to calm down and work on a better perspective.  The months and years ahead won't be made any better by allowing myself to hate people.  I REFUSE to be goaded to that point.  

Hope you and yours have a wonderful Christmas.

I'm so sorry for your losses and then.  Were any of them from COVID-19?  It's inspiring to see you choose love rather than resentment after all that pain.  In what ways has the election changed your spiritual perspective?  

Edited by Bluefinger

11 minutes ago, Bluefinger said:

My views on systems have changed.  Systems in themselves do not permit change.  2020 has given zero effs about any system, be it health care, political, or economic.  For this very reason, I've become less systematic in my theology and more adaptive in my thinking.  Early Christians were like that too, before Christianity became any country's state religion.  That is when it was most powerful too.  It relied on God's power rather than systematic theology.  It took 2020 for me to fully realize why.

I am retired US Military living in South Korea, I have a Korean wife who I have been married to for 34 years. I was raised a Catholic, I was Baptized and my parents were very faithful. But, the religion really turned me off to Christianity in general, so when I reached an age where I could, I turned my back upon it and never considered it again. Honestly, I don't understand what your referring to about systematic beliefs, so .I can't even comment on that. I do understand how 2020 has changed the views of many Christians, I have a number of Christian friends here and over the last four years culminating in 2020 they have changed many of their views.

One major change they have talked about is their support for President Trump. Most of them voted for President Trump in 2016, however over the last four years their belief that he would be a good President changed. They came to the conclusion that they could not support such a man,  this was based upon his actions, and the way he talked about people as our President. So in 2020 many of them who have always been Republicans voted for Incumbent President Biden. If you find the time please explain to me what you mean by Systems, I would appreciate it very much.

Take Care my friend

• 2 weeks later...

You'll know them by their fruitcakes has become even more true for me in 2020.

• Like 1

Myself, I've not changed by beliefs, but I do know that the lack of public organized religion services may very well lead to the end of much of organized religion.

Much like "working from home", if people are doing "religion from home", then the local churches and those that work there, could be easily seen as unnecessary.

It will be interesting to watch going forward.

• Like 1

This year as strengthened my faith and has definitely made me thank God for my blessings. I almost feel protected while I see chaos all around me.

Oddly enough I like this mess and hope it gets worse. It's just who I am. I worked in the nuclear industry for 20 plus years and there is a saying, " where there is chaos theres money".

Of course I'm a doomsday prepper and have been stacking food and supplies for years and so I'm smiling ear to ear. Theres opportunity in this world for all kinds of different people and this has multiple opportunities for the prepper independent type. 

That being said, I'll just pop some popcorn and keep smiling as 2021 gets good and cranked up. This does mark the beginning of Americas 5th great awakening. I think 2024 might be the actual date. I cant remember. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Awakening

I'm excited honestly. The reconstruction of the family and the family movement back into the home has begun. The secular movement bubble away from Christianity has popped and the shift has started.

Edited by FFA
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, FFA said:

Oddly enough I like this mess and hope it gets worse. It's just who I am. 

Of course I'm a doomsday prepper and have been stacking food and supplies for years and so I'm smiling ear to ear

That being said, I'll just pop some popcorn and keep smiling as 2021 gets good and cranked up. 

I'm excited honestly

You relish in the suffering of others.

Disgusting.

Edited by Nuclear Wessel
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

You relish in the suffering of others.

Disgusting.

People have had opportunities to prepare themselves for unusual circumstances but if they haven't, I cant help that. I understand that some people are not financially able to do so. I have stored and stocked food for the less fortunate. How about you? When the hyperinflation starts in a few months, food will skyrocket in price. You know, when China dumps all its US treasuries for commodities, the bond markets collapses, the stock market collapses, and a quadrillion in global derivative contracts collapse because of weight on the global credit market from the virus. How are you going help those less fortunate when credit market freezes? If you have not positioned your to do so, I find that disgusting and very careless on your part. 

Edited by FFA
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, FFA said:

People have had opportunities to prepare themselves for unusual circumstances but if they haven't, I cant help that. I understand that some people are not financially able to do so. I have stored and stocked food for the less fortunate. How about you? When the hyperinflation starts in a few months, food will skyrocket in price. You know, when China dumps all its US treasuries for commodities, the bond markets collapses, the stock market collapses, and a quadrillion in global derivative contracts collapse because of weight on the global credit market from the virus. How are you going help those less fortunate when credit market freezes? If you have not positioned your to do so, I find that disgusting and very careless on your part. 

You're attempting to rationalize your relishing in the suffering of others.

My statement still stands.

2 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

You're attempting to rationalize your relishing in the suffering of others.

My statement still stands.

Just stating the obvious, as you fail to answer the question how have you positioned yourself to help those less fortunate in the new world we are moving into. 

• Like 1