Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Oil tanker 'attacked by bomb-laden boat'

Eldorado

Saudi Arabia says an oil tanker was attacked by an explosive-laden boat while it was anchored at Jeddah's port.

The overnight attack at the facility's fuel terminal resulted in a small fire on board that was extinguished, the energy ministry told state media.

The owner of a Singapore-flagged tanker, BW Rhine, earlier said that it had been "hit from an external source", causing a blast that damaged its hull.

Full monty at the BBC: Link

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I'm glad no one died and I'm glad there was no environmental disaster.  Find the perp and execute.  I hope the IRGC isn't stirring a pot.  Giving Trump a reason at this particular moment in history would be a MONUMENTAL "miscalculation".  

4 minutes ago, and then said:

I'm glad no one died and I'm glad there was no environmental disaster.  Find the perp and execute.  I hope the IRGC isn't stirring a pot.  Giving Trump a reason at this particular moment in history would be a MONUMENTAL "miscalculation".  

Interesting comment and then, a lot could be read into it. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RAyMO said:

Interesting comment and then, a lot could be read into it. 

Apparently, that could be said about much that I post.  Not that it actually means anything.  You do grasp that the opinion of those who read words do not actually dictate what the comment means, yes?  I don't necessarily mean to sound like I'm being snarky to you but it just gets old having people accusing me of things due to inferences THEY make about MY words.

But since a lot of folks here at UM seem to be getting twitchy over the current political climate, allow me to be more specific.  President Trump, yeah, he actually still IS, has the authority to command our military to answer an Iranian attack against an ally.  Considering he believes, as do tens of millions of other Americans, that massive fraud occurred in the election, he may feel the need to create a "new reality on the ground" concerning what he considers a deadly threat against this country. 

He knows what and who Biden is and knows he's about to undo everything that has restrained the evil in Iran.  I'm just saying that it could be tempting to create a reality that will set Iran back even farther, whether a traitor wants to sell us out to them or not.  Hence, the allusion to Iran possibly making a "miscalculation"... IF Iran is responsible for this attack.  Considering their recent history, it isn't much of a stretch to see the possibility.  

I hope my train of logic isn't too confusing to follow.

8 hours ago, Eldorado said:

Saudi Arabia says an oil tanker was attacked by an explosive-laden boat while it was anchored at Jeddah's port.

The overnight attack at the facility's fuel terminal resulted in a small fire on board that was extinguished, the energy ministry told state media.

The owner of a Singapore-flagged tanker, BW Rhine, earlier said that it had been "hit from an external source", causing a blast that damaged its hull.

Full monty at the BBC: Link

Well Iran is beginning to assert itself concerning the death of their Nuclear Scientist. I hope the United States stays out of that fight, no Americans should die for the Scumbag Saudi Arabians. Whatever, happens to them they completely deserve, their human right violations alone should disqualify them. Anyone who feels the US should be involved in any conflict concerning the death of that Scientist should volunteer, and get up off their butt and do something other than change TV channels with a remote while sitting their Recliner eating Fricken Popcorn.:angry:

JIMO

59 minutes ago, and then said:

Apparently, that could be said about much that I post.  Not that it actually means anything.  You do grasp that the opinion of those who read words do not actually dictate what the comment means, yes?  I don't necessarily mean to sound like I'm being snarky to you but it just gets old having people accusing me of things due to inferences THEY make about MY words.

But since a lot of folks here at UM seem to be getting twitchy over the current political climate, allow me to be more specific.  President Trump, yeah, he actually still IS, has the authority to command our military to answer an Iranian attack against an ally.  Considering he believes, as do tens of millions of other Americans, that massive fraud occurred in the election, he may feel the need to create a "new reality on the ground" concerning what he considers a deadly threat against this country. 

He knows what and who Biden is and knows he's about to undo everything that has restrained the evil in Iran.  I'm just saying that it could be tempting to create a reality that will set Iran back even farther, whether a traitor wants to sell us out to them or not.  Hence, the allusion to Iran possibly making a "miscalculation"... IF Iran is responsible for this attack.  Considering their recent history, it isn't much of a stretch to see the possibility.  

I hope my train of logic isn't too confusing to follow.

You are so Sadly mistaken about people on this forum are becoming twitchy!!!:P Most people do not want to send more of our Soldiers to Die in the name of BS. Most forum members do not sit back and advocate wars from their living rooms where they are safe and secure. This has nothing to do with being twitchy, and everything to do with common sense and consideration for those we send to fight for Dictators like Saudi Arabia and other Middle Eastern countries. Now before you think this post is directed towards you personally, andthen, I assure you it is not, it is a generalized statement and nothing more. I personally mean you no disrespect, at all.

Take care

4 hours ago, Gromdor said:

You guys know there is that whole, "War in Yemen" thing going on with Saudi Arabia right?

Of course.  That's the main reason I said THIS:

IF Iran is responsible for this attack.  Considering their recent history, it isn't much of a stretch to see the possibility.  

4 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

This has nothing to do with being twitchy,

I was referring to the fact that some members here become easily offended and make use of the "report" function when their "fear radar" tells them that a comment of mine is somehow threatening them or world peace.  

I take no offense and mean none with THIS post.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, and then said:

I was referring to the fact that some members here become easily offended and make use of the "report" function when their "fear radar" tells them that a comment of mine is somehow threatening them or world peace.  

I take no offense and mean none with THIS post.

That's fine I understand completely, but maybe you should think about what is causing that. The facts are simple, most forum members are getting tired of the hate and venom that is being pushed into threads. I am not applying  this you, we are all guilty and anyone who thinks they are not is delusional. The only answer is to not respond where our anger shows through our posts. I have been working on this, and it has helped me keep my anger out of what I type. Before I hit send I reread my comments and if I detect anger, sarcasm, or that I am intentionally trying to antagonize another member, I delete my post and if I can't respond respectfully I wait until later.

i know this will not work for everyone,  because some people just Care. However, I do and I will keep applying these standards to myself. I am certain not able to do this all the time, but at least I try.

Take Care.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, and then said:

Of course.  That's the main reason I said THIS:

IF Iran is responsible for this attack.  Considering their recent history, it isn't much of a stretch to see the possibility.  

Well the Houthis are supported by Iran..  So of course Iran is responsible.  My point is Saudi Arabia is happily bombing things as well,  I see no injustice or cause for alarm in them getting hit back.

1 hour ago, Gromdor said:

Well the Houthis are supported by Iran..  So of course Iran is responsible.  My point is Saudi Arabia is happily bombing things as well,  I see no injustice or cause for alarm in them getting hit back.

How about the alarm and injustice of causing a major ecological disaster ? And targeting a boat from an uninvolved party ? (China, I believe ? ) .

• Like 1