Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Can an amateur land an aircraft ?

toast

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• joc

• acute

• toast

• Ozymandias

Popular Days

I had the controls during a take off once and then I landed the aircraft as well...had absolutely zero experience  with airplane controls.  It was pretty cool.

A Cessna.   Decided to take flying lessons once.  Once!  Didn't really dig the G forces of 180 and 360 turns.

All turns generate g-forces and their severity does not depend on the type of turn but on the aircraft's speed and tightness of turn.  I am not a pilot but in my career as a lecturer in engineering I have had the privilege of flying aircraft many times in a simulator. Crashed most times. In simulators you can pick your airport and see if you can take off from, or land in it. Great fun being told to 'pull up, pull up!' or running out of runway. Years before Mohammed Ata and his nutty Al-Qaeda friends flew into the Twin Towers I flew into one in Chicago trying to get into O'Hare airport in a simulator. I have often wondered if that is where they got the idea from - a simulator. 

Can an amateur land an aircraft?

Easy peasy, lemon squeezy!

I'd probably do a loop-the-loop before I land, just for the craic.

• Haha 2