Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bronze Celtic figure with golden eyes found

Eldorado

The Spiš Museum in Spišská Nová Ves has presented a significant discovery – Celtic Bronze statue, found in the village of Jánovce, near Poprad.

The museum conducted archaeological research in Jánovce in the location of Pod Hradiskom (Under the Hillfort) in spring and autumn of this year, explained archaeologist Mária Hudáková.

The research revealed more than 800 objects from various eras, from prehistoric times to modern history. Most objects belong to the Lathenian era, overlapping with the Roman era.

Archaeology News Network blog

• Like 6

For some reason I never thought of the Celtic civilization being that far east.  I thought it was more like France, Spain, Netherlands, Belgium, etc.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, OverSword said:

For some reason I never thought of the Celtic civilization being that far east.  I thought it was more like France, Spain, Netherlands, Belgium, etc.

Hi Oversword

You might like this then.

https://celticlifeintl.com/the-chinese-celts/

The discovery of European corpses thousands of miles away suggests a hitherto unknown Celtic connection between East and West in the Bronze Age.

Solid as a warrior of the Caledonii tribe, the man’s hair is reddish brown flecked with grey, framing high cheekbones, a long nose, full lips and a ginger beard. When he lived three thousand years ago, he stood six feet tall, and was buried wearing a red twill tunic and tartan leggings. He looks like a Bronze Age European. In fact, he’s every inch a Celt. Even his DNA says so.

But this is no early Celt from central Scotland. This is the mummified corpse of Cherchen Man, unearthed from the scorched sands of the Taklamakan Desert in the far-flung region of Xinjiang in western China, and now housed in a new museum in the provincial capital of Urumqi. In the language spoken by the local Uighur people in Xinjiang, “Taklamakan” means: “You come in and never come out.”

jmccr8

• Thanks 2

@jmccr8 Thanks I was aware of these mummies and as  Iwas reading the article it struck me that many of the modern Uighur have long straight noses and seem fairly tall for Asians.  Perhaps they shipped more than silk alaong the silk road eh? ;)

Uyghur_man_kashkar.jpg

• Thanks 1