Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Digital Humans' for Customer Service

Eldorado

"UneeQ Digital Humans is an AI company that focuses on solving for the synthetic behavior and animation that surrounds conversational AI," says Danny Tomsett, CEO of UneeQ.

More than just avatars or advanced caricatures, the company wants to make interacting with conversational agents more natural and realistic.

"A lot of our customers create brand new characters, which are digital humans designed to help with a range of problems on a customer journey. That could be helping them make a purchasing decision or complete an application or a form, or just help with various frequently asked questions," explains Tomsett.

"We now have over 1,000 companies building digital humans on our platform."

Full article at PC Mag UK: Link

Edited by Eldorado
  • Haha 1

So far the digital menu "helpers" are limited in what help they can give.  I don't look forward to companies replacing real people with these digital "humans".

• Like 2

I'm trying to imagine how this would change our job market and economy. A lot of people would lose their jobs and have to find a different job, but finding a job that pays well enough may require costly classes or training that not even all middle class could afford, nevermind lower class. Would ubi work or would it barely make life affordable? There are already people in tech donating and pushing policy for ubi. Wondering if replacing peoples jobs with ai robotics could just push people further in to poverty. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, smanthaonvaca said:

I'm trying to imagine how this would change our job market and economy. A lot of people would lose their jobs and have to find a different job, but finding a job that pays well enough may require costly classes or training that not even all middle class could afford, nevermind lower class. Would ubi work or would it barely make life affordable? There are already people in tech donating and pushing policy for ubi. Wondering if replacing peoples jobs with ai robotics could just push people further in to poverty. 

You think customer service jobs pay well?   I think anyone who looses that type job is either going to get some training for a better job or work at McDonalds loading the machines that prepare the food.

• Like 1

office-assistant-microsoft-corporation-m

We've come a long way, baby... 

~

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

You think customer service jobs pay well?   I think anyone who looses that type job is either going to get some training for a better job or work at McDonalds loading the machines that prepare the food.

Do you know anything about those positions? Its a huge field, not just one similar position. I'm not going to explain it all but some of those positions require some programming certs. Considering that I could afford to live in the city, own a car, and pay all of my bills with enough money left over for spending, I would say that it paid very well. I also dont judge people for their positions. I think every job serves a purpose.

• Like 2

https://www.businessinsider.com/andrew-yang-joe-biden-universal-basic-income-humanity-forward-administration-2020-12

https://www.thebalance.com/universal-basic-income-4160668

https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/361507

I dont know much about the tech and economy overlap, but I'm sure some people who are in the field would know a lot more about which direction it is heading in.

The second one weighs pros and cons well. This could go many ways. Technology will progress regardless. I am not sure what economical choices will be taken, but there may be other world events that interact with either decision. It is hard to say what path it could take. 

It could provide incentive for someone not to work or seek employment but hopefully that won't be the case with most if it does happen. It could also support people transitioning between jobs, taking time off to care of family, on unsupported medical leave, or looking to pursue further education. Hopefully it wouldn't prevent people from obtaining goals somehow. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, smanthaonvaca said:

Do you know anything about those positions? Its a huge field, not just one similar position. I'm not going to explain it all but some of those positions require some programming certs. Considering that I could afford to live in the city, own a car, and pay all of my bills with enough money left over for spending, I would say that it paid very well. I also dont judge people for their positions. I think every job serves a purpose.

I have worked in several versions of those positions, most of them are sweat shop conditions.  Unless you are tier 2, which is often barely livable considering the qualifications required,  or higher the pay sucks.  You say you don't judge people for their positions but you are the one who brought it up.  No one else made any judgment about a person based on their positions.  The position itself is difficult and never pays what the people who do well with it deserve.

Edited by Desertrat56