Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

...whom Jesus loved the most.

Walken

The gospel of John is, in my oppinion, the deepest and most intresting of the four gospels put into the bible, but what place did John have in Jesus's heart?

In the gospel of John, the disciple John, is constantly refeered to as 'John, whom Jesus loved the most' and 'the disciple whom Jesus loved'. Why? The gospels all grant that john was amongst Jesus's first disciples, however does the gospel of John have a 'lean' upon it?

Firstly, the gospel of John was in actual fact, not written by John. If he had written it, he'd be 105 years old, which is exceptionally unlikley, close enougth to impossible. The gospel of John would certainley have been written by someone who knew and respected John.

The gospel of John also tells that when Jesus was on the cross, all but John and the women ran in fear, and that Jesus entrusted his mother into John's care:

"Dear women, here is your son. Here is your mother."

The gospel of John is the only gospel that speaks of this type of bond between Jesus and John.

Accepting feedback, comments, ideas, and complaints. hmm.gif

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Walken

• lightbeyondthedark

• poof-gone

• LittleIrishVampiress

John was supposed to be the youngest apostle, who was also the bravest as you mentioned when Jesus was being tried and crucified he was there. John is believed to be strong in faith while humble (as he would have Peter to go into the empty tomb first). Eagle is the icon of John among the 4 gospel writers because of its sharp eye and its view from a supernatural height. And of course, Jesus knows what's in one's heart.

Edit; removed inane comment. Mad_Manfred, let's keep the obnoxious remarks off these threads, please. If you have nothing substantial to contribute, then don't. Edited by Magikman

Walken did not know John was the youngest....he thanks Q-La

John was the beloved disciple because his name was take your pick, either Mary Magdalene, or secularly speaking, Salome. The reason Jesus loved her best, is because she would suffer as He did, in her love for Jesus, aka Phillip, secularly speaking. Phillip and Salome were married. Phillip ruled the Golan Heights and northern area where "Jesus" started his ministry. He ruled during the time period allotted to the lifetime of Jesus. Phillip was the son of Herod, who was called a "God" in Acts 12:21,22.

John went with Jesus when he was arrested, and tried to free him. Peter, denied he even knew Jesus. The other disciples didn't even go in to argue with the Priests. So why does Jesus love John best?

That the writings of John came around 100 AD, is because of Reincarnation. John, whether male or female at the time of the writing, used the name "John" in the writings since we're talking a patriarchal religion where women were either virgins or whores. So John, Mary Magdalene and Salome are all different names for one person, the wife of "Jesus."

Some intresting ideas put fowards there, poof-gone. Thanks.

I noticed that in John also, there is little reason to doubt this and I believed it was this that started the debate Jesus was gay and helped Gene Robinson become a bishop in the Episcopal church.

How ever I would disagree, before all the hype about Mary Magdalene their was a documentary on the Discovery channel I saw. That said Mary was actually one of Jesus disciples and was the closest to him and the most out spoken one (you know women) in his quest to spread the gospel. And John was jealous of this. Any way the Catholic church not in public annoucement said they admit to editing the bible to stop women from using Magdalene as a reason to become a priest. But they did not want to change the words of Jesus because it's a sin however their were many Mary's at the time so they took Magdalens gospels out and confused her with a prostitute Jesus saved, in that way they did not alter what Jesus said to Magdalene, and maybe made John look liked he was loved more by Jesus. The church said they burned the stories of magdalene and are sorry her good deeds are not acknowledged but argued the prostitute Mary Magdalene is a good story of repent.

But who knows the original "scriptures" will never be known

I have a problem with the Discovery channel. They have said things I know is dis-information. I'm surprised they didn't hear me screaming at them from here.

Yeah, if you check out the secular History at the time period in question, there's all kinds of names that are also in the Gospels. AND, Phillip in particular fits the bill for the secular life of Jesus. He was the first disciple. He was sharing the kingdom with his brother Herod Antipas, who wanted Jesus dead. Antipas had already disposed of his other brother, Archaelaus. If Jesus was Phillip, that meant Antipas was then sole ruler of the entire area after getting Phillip killed.

Gee, that's never happened before, where a ruler killed a brother to inherit the kingdom. rolleyes.gif

And, what with the prophecies regarding his return as a King in the 77th generation, Phillip fit the bill. His reign matches the "life of Jesus."

And the reason Salome danced to have John the Baptist beheaded was because Roman dungeons aren't a place anyone wants to visit, let alone be locked in one. She did him a favor and released his Spirit. And, if we can handle Reincarnation, or Walk-ins, the Spirit that was in John the Baptist then was free to be in Phillip. And then he, Philliip/Jesus started his ministry.

I'm not going too fast am I?

There's even more. Much, much more. Based on History, enigmatic scriptures, and matching them up.

I really don't think Jesus had a favorite...

The bible teaches we should not have favorites for such things, such as who we love...

I am sure he loved all of his disciples equally... He loves all men equally, and his disciples were men...

just my humble opinion...

LBD

~peace

I would love to read more poof gone but start another thread if it's not related to this one.

Edited by Super Pancake

I really don't think Jesus had a favorite...

The bible teaches we should not have favorites for such things, such as who we love...

I am sure he loved all of his disciples equally... He loves all men equally, and his disciples were men...

You're right. However, what have these other men sacrificed in their love for Jesus? They ran away. "John" was arguing with the priests. Even Peter denied he knew Jesus because he was so afraid.

Joan of Arc, the reincarnation of "John" was burned at the stake after living in the Church dungeon for a year being interrogated by the Church whatevers daily, betrayed by the Dauphin she made King. Would you do that in your love for Jesus?

That's why he loved her most. She suffered almost as much as he did. They were buddies through the Tribulation that has lasted 3,400 years. And both of them get killed every time they poke their head up. Or ridiculed, or silenced, or persecuted, their work stolen and destroyed. You wouldn't believe what sacrifices these two have made that we live as freely as we do today.

And those Men through History that have been Heroes, like Abraham Lincoln, Martin Luther, Martin Luther King, William Wallace, they were Men that had the Spirit of Jesus in them. So they sacrificed too, in their love for Freedom, which is what Jesus was talking about. Eternal Freedom begins here. And yes, he loves equally all those who are willing to help in the Freedom of All.

"The Truth shall set you free." ~ Jesus

You're right. However, what have these other men sacrificed in their love for Jesus? They ran away. "John" was arguing with the priests. Even Peter denied he knew Jesus because he was so afraid.

Yes but even though they did these this Jesus never stopped loving them...

Joan of Arc, the reincarnation of "John" was burned at the stake after living in the Church dungeon for a year being interrogated by the Church whatevers daily, betrayed by the Dauphin she made King. Would you do that in your love for Jesus?

That's why he loved her most. She suffered almost as much as he did. They were buddies through the Tribulation that has lasted 3,400 years. And both of them get killed every time they poke their head up. =

491545[/snapback]

Hmm...

Interesting theory there...

But I dont believe in reincarnation so...

I would tend to disagree with you on that one...

LBD

LBD: Are you then saying that the gospel of john is bias?

LBD: Are you then saying that the gospel of john is bias?

491570[/snapback]

Um... No...

Why do you ask?

LBD

Hi there,

As far as Reincarnation goes, or Walk-ins, as the case may be, why do you think Mary thought Jesus was the Gardener? His name was Stephen. Who had the face of an Angel and was killed too.

Why do you suppose the other disciples did not recognize Jesus?

What do you think Prophecy of the Messiah RETURNING, is?

Why do you suppose the disciples asked Jesus if he was Isaiah previously?

Where would they get such an idea?

And then, why do you suppose Paul said Jesus' Spirit was in him?

And as for Reincarnation, it's been proven. Check out Ian Stevenson for starters.

And, for Biological Scientific kicks, explain why identical twins are not identical. Born at the same time, same parents, same everything, but they're different, and with age some start looking different from each other.

Trust me, I wouldn't tout Reincarnation if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes. Many, many times. Even the animals reincarnate.

Tell me, if you died and had nothing better to do, what would you do? Hang around, or jump back in and live again?

And, as far as "Resurrection," that's what that's all about. The Right to live again.

491624[/snapback]

Messiah, or Jesus, will on be born again according to christian beliefs... He is going to come down from heaven...

Just my humble opinion...

LBD

The second comeing is odd, in that which we are told very little about it. Let us remember that the disciples thought that Jesus would send the second comeing soon after he left, and that it was only after it didn't appear as quickly as hoped, that the disciples (or there friends, ancestors, depending on what you beleive) actually wrote the gospels.

491624[/snapback]

Messiah, or Jesus, will on be born again according to christian beliefs... He is going to come down from heaven...

Just my humble opinion...

LBD

491627[/snapback]

you know, i remember when i was in 2nd or 3rd grade, i used go to this catholic school on wednesdays, we were learning that prayer, and the last line intrigued me-"Christ will come again", so, excited, i raised my hand and asked the teacher "when's he coming again?"

i was so disappointed when she answered "He already did. The resurrection. Weren't you listening?" man, did she make me feel stupid, and the class were laughing at me... crying.gif ...sorry for being young and getting excited at the thought of meeting jesus...i really believed in him back then, maybe even more than my mother...but i felt stupid that day...

lol, That's actually kind of depressing.

But after the ressurection, Jesus told of a second comeing.

lol, That's actually kind of depressing.

But after the ressurection, Jesus told of a second comeing.

492928[/snapback]

yeah...and that's what i wanted to know about...stupid teacher...

lol. I now have a mental image of you shakeing hands with Jesus and asking for his autograph.

My RE teacher would slap my wrists, lol.

lol. I now have a mental image of you shakeing hands with Jesus and asking for his autograph.

492940[/snapback]

laugh.gif i would have back then that's for sure laugh.gif

• 1 month later...

I just found this website and want to say...pretty interesting stuff, Poof-Gone. Don't stop now. javascript:emoticon(':tu:')

javascript:emoticon(':tu:')

Trillium

~~~~~~~~~~~

I noticed that in John also, there is little reason to doubt this and I believed it was this that started the debate Jesus was gay and helped Gene Robinson become a bishop in the Episcopal church.

How ever I would disagree, before all the hype about Mary Magdalene their was a documentary on the Discovery channel I saw. That said Mary was actually one of Jesus disciples and was the closest to him and the most out spoken one (you know women) in his quest to spread the gospel. And John was jealous of this. Any way the Catholic church not in public annoucement said they admit to editing the bible to stop women from using Magdalene as a reason to become a priest. But they did not want to change the words of Jesus because it's a sin however their were many Mary's at the time so they took Magdalens gospels out and confused her with a prostitute Jesus saved, in that way they did not alter what Jesus said to Magdalene, and maybe made John look liked he was loved more by Jesus. The church said they burned the stories of magdalene and are sorry her good deeds are not acknowledged but argued the prostitute Mary Magdalene is a good story of repent.

But who knows the original "scriptures" will never be known

491476[/snapback]