Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Galaxy probably full of dead civilizations


Eldorado
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Trelane said:

Ok so you're not a fan of humans or humanity, we get it. Cancer is horrible and very effective at killing its host. Lord knows I've watched my parents and a brother die from it. Humans are irresponsible in some aspects for sure. If humans were as effective and thorough as cancer the planet would have been dead long ago. To liken us to cancer is a bit much.

It is not a bit much to me. I have stage 4 Melanoma, and can see exactly what I posted in humans. Humans are very horrible, and very effective at killing their host, and each other.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Sakari said:

It is not a bit much to me. I have stage 4 Melanoma, and can see exactly what I posted in humans. Humans are very horrible, and very effective at killing their host, and each other.

I don’t think you are very far off from nailing it at all. I tend to agree. Humanity is rotten too much of the time. Compound this with uncontrolled breading and this isn’t going to end well for anyone involved.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sakari said:

It is not a bit much to me. I have stage 4 Melanoma, and can see exactly what I posted in humans. Humans are very horrible, and very effective at killing their host, and each other.

Well I'm sorry about your current status and wish you well. However, when it comes to humans despite their shortcomings you're wrong. There's equal sides good and bad and if you can't or won't see that is simply a you problem.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sakari said:

It is not a bit much to me. I have stage 4 Melanoma, and can see exactly what I posted in humans. Humans are very horrible, and very effective at killing their host, and each other.

We, like other species, are trying to survive in this world.  We are a part of this world and this ecosystem, not outsiders.  We are no more horrible than lions, wolves, beavers, or honey badgers.  But in some ways all life can be like cancer.

We are destroying the earth as mindlessly as deer overgraze their habitat or elephants knock over trees and create a drier microclimate which does them no good in the long term.

The only reason you can ,make any judgement is because you have become self aware.   Other people have, more are following at their own pace.  It is admittedly too slow for me, but in a geologic time scale, quite reversible.  The real question is not whether the earth will recover and flourish, but whether we will be here to see it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Trelane said:

Well I'm sorry about your current status and wish you well. However, when it comes to humans despite their shortcomings you're wrong. There's equal sides good and bad and if you can't or won't see that is simply a you problem.

It is pretty much your problem that you let someone else's opinion bother you so much. I have plenty of facts to back it up. Turn on the News. Look at our Oceans. Look at our Forests. Some of us have woken up, others have not. Cancers do that.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

We, like other species, are trying to survive in this world.  We are a part of this world and this ecosystem, not outsiders.  We are no more horrible than lions, wolves, beavers, or honey badgers.  But in some ways all life can be like cancer.

We are destroying the earth as mindlessly as deer overgraze their habitat or elephants knock over trees and create a drier microclimate which does them no good in the long term.

The only reason you can ,make any judgement is because you have become self aware.   Other people have, more are following at their own pace.  It is admittedly too slow for me, but in a geologic time scale, quite reversible.  The real question is not whether the earth will recover and flourish, but whether we will be here to see it.

Thank you for the self aware compliment.

Humans are the only species, that have greed running our lives. Humans are not happy just surviving. Humans have to have more than they need. And even than, that is not enough.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Sakari said:

Humans are the only species, that have greed running our lives. Humans are not happy just surviving. Humans have to have more than they need. And even than, that is not enough.

speak for yourself mate

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Sakari said:

It is pretty much your problem that you let someone else's opinion bother you so much. I have plenty of facts to back it up. Turn on the News. Look at our Oceans. Look at our Forests. Some of us have woken up, others have not. Cancers do that.

 

You're opinion matters little  in the scheme of things and mean nothing tom me I can assure you of that. I try to help folks when they become so bitter they see nothing but negativity.

I have, in person, seen the absolute worst we are capable of. Yet, I have also been in the presence of true love and grace. Your "Some of us have woken up" babble is very revealing and I do appreciate that. I live next to amazing forests including national forests and the only designated rainforest in the Continental US. I go out to the ocean weekly and run the beaches there. There's not this mass destruction you describe. It simply isn't there. So again, I wish well and hope you beat your cancer. However, the virtue signaling towards humanity and human behavior in general is tired and misguided in its venom. Take care and hope you can have a happy holiday season. Peace and love.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Sakari said:

It is not a bit much to me. I have stage 4 Melanoma, and can see exactly what I posted in humans. Humans are very horrible, and very effective at killing their host, and each other.

If we are as bad as you say why are there more humans than ever before on the Earth ?

Some humans are bad, but most are not. The problem is that its usually the worst people who shouts the loudest. 

I wish you good luck in fighting cancer.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Dejarma said:

speak for yourself mate

I am not greedy at all. And, I never said all people are the way I am posting. I am saying that, in my opinion, we are a cancer. Not all of us are going out wanting to destroy things. My income, and insurance are furnished by working at the largest Mine in the United States. Before that, the largest Lumber Company in the World. Worked at one of their high tech lumber mills in Coos Bay, Oregon.

I am not a "tree hugger", or some kind of activist. This is just how I, and a lot of people I talk to about this, feel. Not saying that you, your friends, Me, or anyone one person I discuss this with is some kind of monster, or jerk that does not care. I am just saying, by the way humans act in general, throughout history, and even more so today. We are a Cancer. It is nothing personal, and not a attack on you, or any one person in particular.

I am pretty sure you are a very good person. Never said you were not. This is just my "philosophy" lets say, on what we are, and how we act towards ourselves, and our World.

Happy Holidays too you. Short video below is about how I feel. Only 2 minutes.
 

1 hour ago, Trelane said:

You're opinion matters little  in the scheme of things and mean nothing tom me I can assure you of that. I try to help folks when they become so bitter they see nothing but negativity.

I have, in person, seen the absolute worst we are capable of. Yet, I have also been in the presence of true love and grace. Your "Some of us have woken up" babble is very revealing and I do appreciate that. I live next to amazing forests including national forests and the only designated rainforest in the Continental US. I go out to the ocean weekly and run the beaches there. There's not this mass destruction you describe. It simply isn't there. So again, I wish well and hope you beat your cancer. However, the virtue signaling towards humanity and human behavior in general is tired and misguided in its venom. Take care and hope you can have a happy holiday season. Peace and love.

My message has seem to hit you as an insult by your replies. I assure you, not meant that way. I never said all people are the way I am posting. I am saying that, in my opinion, we are a cancer. Not all of us are going out wanting to destroy things. My income, and insurance are furnished by working at the largest Mine in the United States. Before that, the largest Lumber Company in the World. Worked at one of their high tech lumber mills in Coos Bay, Oregon. ( My Parents have been off of Cape Blanco road now for almost 40 years.)

I am not a "tree hugger", or some kind of activist. This is just how I, and a lot of people I talk to about this, feel. Not saying that you, your friends, Me, or anyone one person I discuss this with is some kind of monster, or jerk that does not care. I am just saying, by the way humans act in general, throughout history, and even more so today. We are a Cancer. It is nothing personal, and not a attack on you, or any one person in particular.

I am pretty sure you are a very good person. Never said you were not. This is just my "philosophy" lets say, on what we are, and how we act towards ourselves, and our World.

Happy Holidays too you. And peace and love to you also. Appreciated that. Short video below is about how I feel. Only 2 minutes.
 

1 hour ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

If we are as bad as you say why are there more humans than ever before on the Earth ?

Some humans are bad, but most are not. The problem is that its usually the worst people who shouts the loudest. 

I wish you good luck in fighting cancer.

I am not saying all of us are bad people. I am saying we are a cancer. We just do not live our lives knowing exactly what we are doing. I do not think a bunch of us live it to do hurtful things on purpose. Not at all. (easier if you read my replies above. And the video also).

As for bad, or good. In the context I am saying. Maybe some are more a immune system. Maybe I should re-think this and say we are all like cells in a body. Not just a cancer. At the point I am at though, I see more "cancer" cells by far than anything else. As for bad and good people. I used to agree with you. Not anymore. Not after seeing the growth, and direction society has gone too. I think their are less good people in this world, and that population is falling. Different topic.

Thank you for the well wishes. It has been 3 years in March since the stage 4, and knock on wood, fate has been on my side so far. And hopefully for my entire life. I am living life big time, and seeing a lot of places. Cancer gave me a gift actually. It woke my ass up that life is short, and I stopped taking it for granted. I have gone on 7 bucket list rides in the last 2.5 years, and have 2 more coming this summer. And many small adventures in between. I do appreciate the well wishes.

Short video below is about how I feel. Only 2 minutes.
 

 

Edited by Sakari
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Sakari said:

Thank you for the self aware compliment.

Humans are the only species, that have greed running our lives. Humans are not happy just surviving. Humans have to have more than they need. And even than, that is not enough.

 Awareness and dissatisfaction can lead  to  self reflection and improvement or increased power of destruction.

 We choose wrongly so often, one might be inclined to give up.  But occasionally we get it right and that propels us along with our fool's hope.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

 Awareness and dissatisfaction can lead  to  self reflection and improvement or increased power of destruction.

 We choose wrongly so often, one might be inclined to give up.  But occasionally we get it right and that propels us along with our fool's hope.

I have not given up hope yet. I want to see my Grandchildren have a good life to live also. And, I agree with you 100%.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Trelane said:

 I try to help folks when they become so bitter they see nothing but negativity.

 

I kind of missed this, or would have hit it in my other reply. (I also lived on the PNW coast)

So, to this. I am living with stage 4 Melanoma, and a member of a few support groups. At first, I needed the support. Now, I am proud to see I am uplifting to many people, and actively help people to live their lives as they should. Not going to type everything I have been doing in my life lately. I am going to say your replying to one of the most positive people around. Especially someone whom is living with cancer. It gave me a gift, and that gift is not taking life for granted, and knowing that life is short. Live it to its fullest.

So, you are not helping me. I am neither bitter, or negative. Because I, and many others, feel the way I said about humans in general does not make me bitter, or negative. Cancer brought something positive to my life, and I bring positive things to others.

 

no fear.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Sakari said:

Because I, and many others, feel the way I said about humans in general does not make me bitter, or negative.

sorry my friend.. With all the deepest respect in the world= you ARE wrong!

The vast VAST majority of humans are kind, caring, empathetic individuals who just want to live in peace with their family & friends.

For every awful injustice/ horrendous act you hear in the media, there are millions of kind, caring acts happening every day. You just don't get to hear of them! I think us humans are bloody brilliant with regards to what we've achieved so far.... It's only a few that fek it up..

Peace, Sakari.

dej...
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

sorry my friend.. With all the deepest respect in the world= you ARE wrong!

The vast VAST majority of humans are kind, caring, empathetic individuals who just want to live in peace with their family & friends.

For every awful injustice/ horrendous act you hear in the media, there are millions of kind, caring acts happening every day. You just don't get to hear of them! I think us humans are bloody brilliant with regards to what we've achieved so far.... It's only a few that fek it up..

Peace, Sakari.

dej...
 

Maybe in the UK ;)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Dejarma said:

what a weird reply- ok, forget it:rolleyes:

Being facetious on that last one. I tend to use humor a lot.

You can say I am wrong all you want. Your opinion is not law. No one can tell anyone their opinion is wrong. Although, kind of proves my point, doesn't it?

You have not, and do not see what I see, and have, and do not see what you see. Not sure what your age is either, on life experience.My Mom had the same outlook as you a year ago. She now says the same thing I do. She says she does not think the majority of people care for anyone but themselves anymore. She is a born again Christian. She is pretty convinced the end is near.

I travel a lot. I see a lot of people, and cultures. I also see a lot from around the world where I work. I do not watch the News at all. I filter my social media so it has no politics, carona, or religion. My statement is off of my life experiences, and yes, seeing how the world is today. Including when I go out and fish, hike, and ride.

Would be nice to see the UK. Sounds like a lot of good people there. That was not being facetious.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/21/2020 at 9:34 AM, Sakari said:

Humans are a cancer to the host that is keeping us alive. We act exactly like a cancer. We destroy ourselves, and our host. Just for our own selfish, entitled gain. With no care at all that we will eventually be killing off our colony. And than it just starts again on someone else.

The people I know who feel this way are the ones doing the most damage to society and our planet. They've already determined that both are going to die no matter what they do so why bother saving them?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, astrobeing said:

The people I know who feel this way are the ones doing the most damage to society and our planet. They've already determined that both are going to die no matter what they do so why bother saving them?

You have not met me.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/19/2020 at 4:29 PM, Eldorado said:

Most of the alien civilizations that ever dotted our galaxy have probably killed themselves off already.

That's the takeaway of a new study, published Dec. 14 to the arXiv database, which used modern astronomy and statistical modeling to map the emergence and death of intelligent life in time and space across the Milky Way.

Their results amount to a more precise 2020 update of a famous equation that Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence founder Frank Drake wrote in 1961.

The Drake equation, popularized by physicist Carl Sagan in his "Cosmos" miniseries, relied on a number of mystery variables — like the prevalence of planets in the universe, then an open question.

Full monty at Live Science: Link

Even Galactic socialism didn't work, just my two cents on the topic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Its all a lie aliens are here they are here they been here. The universe is teaming with life. They try'n hide alot from us but if you really want to know you can find out. But trust me i suggest that you keep your minds to the ground because if you seek the truth on that topic you will find it. And you will be afraid beyond the grave cause you dont understand anything everything we know means nothing until you know the truth. Those of them that knows the truth keeps it away from us because we are a species of human ..... Please dont become afraid .... That needs to be controlled all we think of is destruction and the reasons for that is ...... We're not suppose to exist the bible explains it to you but you wanna take and believe what you want from the bible. Its to much to explain. But just maybe one of the biggest secrets experts dont want to come to grips with ........... We're not MAN!!!!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

I find it fascinating that scientists make these assumptions without actual proof or some credible evidence. Just because humans are destroying themselves and our planet they need to explain that other species, if they exist, display or displayed or should display the same behavior. I think it  all boils down to pure arrogance, the thinking that we are the only intelligent life in the universe left ( if you can put us in the category of being intelligent). The scientists themselves  do not even have have a 0.1% understanding what is/might be out there and learn every day something new. Maybe it boils down to disappointment that no ET has visited earth, or proof that some sort of life is out there? Unfortunately we don't know what we don't know. They can spread also fake news to sensitize people to believe there is nothing out there whilst they have evidence there is? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Maars said:

I find it fascinating that scientists make these assumptions without actual proof or some credible evidence. Just because humans are destroying themselves and our planet they need to explain that other species, if they exist, display or displayed or should display the same behavior. I think it  all boils down to pure arrogance, the thinking that we are the only intelligent life in the universe left ( if you can put us in the category of being intelligent). The scientists themselves  do not even have have a 0.1% understanding what is/might be out there and learn every day something new. Maybe it boils down to disappointment that no ET has visited earth, or proof that some sort of life is out there? Unfortunately we don't know what we don't know. They can spread also fake news to sensitize people to believe there is nothing out there whilst they have evidence there is? 

What is your actual grievance?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.