Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is leaked Pentagon UFO a 'Batman' balloon ?

UM-Bot

Over in part one of this topic

We pretty much wrote it off as a mylar balloon just didnt spend the time to find the batman one,

But yeah,

20201220_084901.jpg.ece190f6970dce154f9e3e2059c8e673.jpg

They likely print different stuff on that same balloon.

Edited by the13bats
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Absolutely brilliant! And these are the elite pilots keeping the US safe, LOL! Or maybe the crafty aliens are disguising themselves as Batman balloons?!

• Thanks 1

it is possible. perhaps the balloon was caught in the jet stream travelling 100-150mph. that would mean the jets could close and have time to shoot a pic.

• Like 1

I still reckon it’s a goon bag that someone inflated with helium and let fly.

4 hours ago, pbarosso said:

it is possible. perhaps the balloon was caught in the jet stream travelling 100-150mph. that would mean the jets could close and have time to shoot a pic.

I was under the impression that weather balloons are not fully inflated as they expand at high altitudes and would pop if too full,

they tend to fully inflate toy balloons so i would suspect mylar is tougher that old rubber kiddie balloons and i could likely go hunt this up on Google but im guessing one of your can clue me in, how high generally speaking do toy balloons reach?

Ive flown rc gliders that where 6 to 8ft wide so high they were a tiny speck that was hard to keep seeing any guess about how high that was?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2020 at 2:12 AM, the13bats said:

I was under the impression that weather balloons are not fully inflated as they expand at high altitudes and would pop if too full,

they tend to fully inflate toy balloons so i would suspect mylar is tougher that old rubber kiddie balloons and i could likely go hunt this up on Google but im guessing one of your can clue me in, how high generally speaking do toy balloons reach?

Ive flown rc gliders that where 6 to 8ft wide so high they were a tiny speck that was hard to keep seeing any guess about how high that was?

id say that a 6-8ft wingspan glider that is a spec might be only 4000ft

• Like 1

On 12/21/2020 at 8:12 PM, the13bats said:

Doing the theoretical math, something 6 feet across would become very difficult / impossible to see at maybe 3+ miles or 5 km.  Ish.  :D   Those figures are very woolly and depend on the contrast and lighting of the object versus clear conditions and a good eye...  For the scientific-minded (I hope I get it right, I'm rusty and tired..), the formula is Tan(X) = Opposite / Adjacent, where X is the extinction resolution angle of an eye (about 1/60 of a degree), Opposite is the height of the object, and Adjacent is the distance.  Yes, that geometry stuff you never learned can be useful...

As for when a mylar balloon would burst, I dunno.  Depends how well made it is.

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 3

Back in the 80s i had several of the pillow shapped mylar balloons and let them go to the ceiling in my room, they would expand and contract with ambient temp but stayed inflated and a loft at least a year.

My rc gliders, biggest about 8ft were a dark almost black on the bottom we would circle them for hours on thermals and sometimes loose sight, hit the flaps they would drop fast almost like a flat rock,  i just had no clue how high they really were.

I knew a fair amount of guys who lost planes especially on the coast