Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

BP should be taken for both arms

Eldorado

Robust evidence from a large international study confirms that a difference in blood pressure readings between arms is linked to greater risk of heart attack, stroke and death.

Led by the University of Exeter, the global INTERPRESS-IPD Collaboration conducted a meta-analysis of all the available research, then merged data from 24 global studies to create a database of nearly 54,000 people. The data spanned adults from Europe, the US, Africa and Asia for whom blood pressure readings for both arms were available.

Funded by the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) and published today in Hypertension, the study is the first to conclude that the greater the inter-arm blood pressure difference, the greater the patient's additional health risk.

Full article: Eurekalert

Research: Paper

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 6

8 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

I thought someone was seriously getting ready to sue BP. But now I see. :P

Me too.:lol:

• Haha 4

47 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

I thought someone was seriously getting ready to sue BP. But now I see. :P

Me too

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, diddyman68 said:

Me too.:lol:

Me three. :rolleyes:

• Haha 3

I noticed recently that I only have an obvious pulse in one wrist. It's been that way my whole life, so I thought it was normal, but apparently not!

Maybe I'm simply too lazy to pump my blood around like other people do.  :sleepy:

• Sad 1

Yeah I'm one of those. 40 points difference in systolic between right and left arms. They tell me it's due to blockage and my right arm is only getting 70% blood flow. But they also tell me it's quite common and the blood reroutes itself to compensate. Soooooo..............Pills. lol

• Sad 1