Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
bee

Ivermectin - potential game changer

bee

Ivermectin is a drug that has been used for decades to treat parasites in animals but more recently it has been used for treating humans...
(for example for River Blindness)

And it appears to offer real hope when it comes to preventing and treating SARS-CoV-2.... 

Ivermectin - A Game Changer for COVID-19?

Dr. Christy discusses the data on using Ivermectin to prevent COVID-19 infections.

Setton
1 hour ago, bee said:

Ivermectin is a drug that has been used for decades to treat parasites in animals but more recently it has been used for treating humans...
(for example for River Blindness)

And it appears to offer real hope when it comes to preventing and treating SARS-CoV-2.... 

Ivermectin - A Game Changer for COVID-19?

Dr. Christy discusses the data on using Ivermectin to prevent COVID-19 infections.

I was going to ask who the hell 'Dr Christy' is but having done my own digging I can see why you didn't want to say.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

bee
19 minutes ago, Setton said:

I was going to ask who the hell 'Dr Christy' is but having done my own digging I can see why you didn't want to say.

oh do tell..... have you got a conspiracy cooking..^_^... my choice of video was random but there are lots more...

bee

Dr Pierre Kory.... at the bit starting around 4 mins describes the use of Ivermectin as having a 'miraculous impact' and being 'immensely effective'.... in the prevention and treatment of Covid 19... 

Pierre Kory, M.D., Associate Professor of Medicine at St. Luke's Aurora Medical Center, delivers passionate testimony during the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee hearing on "Early Outpatient Treatment: An Essential Part of a COVID-19 Solution, Part II."

"I CAN'T KEEP DOING THIS": Doctor pleads for review of data during COVID-19 Senate hearing

Setton
26 minutes ago, bee said:

oh do tell..... have you got a conspiracy cooking..^_^...

I wouldn't dream of stepping on your toes.

my choice of video was random but there are lots more...

Knock yourself out. People are obviously clamouring to hear what you have to say...

• Thanks 1

stereologist

There do not appear to any studies showing that invermectin works in vivo.

Is there anything more than stories by dubious people? Is this just another HCQ folly?

• Like 2

stereologist
1 hour ago, Brandy333 said:

https://apnews.com/article/fact-checking-afs:Content:9768999400

I used to use Ivermectin on my livestock to control internal and external parasites on them, but have doubts as to whether it would be effective against Covid.   It's main function is to treat for parasites and not treatment for viruses.   

And therein lies the problem. Invermectin has been mentioned by the likes of Bolsinaro in Brazil since June. It has worked on viruses in vitro, not in vivo. 

There are zero RCTs examining invermectin to treat COVID-19.

Just as HCQ failed but has its anti-evidence adherents cheering it on we also have anti-evidence, anti-science, anti-logic types proclaiming the wonders of invermectin.

Then again there are the same sort proclaiming that drinking camel p*** and taking yogurt suppositories cure COVID-19.

bee
On 12/29/2020 at 4:30 PM, Brandy333 said:

https://apnews.com/article/fact-checking-afs:Content:9768999400

I used to use Ivermectin on my livestock to control internal and external parasites on them, but have doubts as to whether it would be effective against Covid.   It's main function is to treat for parasites and not treatment for viruses.   

Perhaps the reason why Ivermectin is successfully treating coronaviruses... is because viruses are basically parasites -

https://www.livescience.com/53272-what-is-a-virus.html

Viruses are microscopic parasites, generally much smaller than bacteria. They lack the capacity to thrive and reproduce outside of a host body. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Viruses teeter on the boundaries of what is considered life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The primary role of the virus or virion is to “deliver its DNA or RNA genome into the host cell so that the genome can be expressed (transcribed and translated) by the host cell,” according to "Medical Microbiology."

bee

The story about how a family had to battle with a hospital to get them to give Ivermectim to their mother ......

Second half of the video about Ivermectin studies in Nigeria.... 

News Roundup | NY Judge Orders Hospital To Use Ivermectin, Woman Recovers

New York Supreme Court Judge Order: Give The Patient Ivermectin As Court Battle Leads to Ivermectin for Successful Treatment Against COVID-19: A judge ordered the Millard Fillmore Suburban Hospital to allow an 80-year old woman to be treated with Ivermectin. According to the family their attorney, the treatment saved the life of Judith Smentkiewicz. Although not yet approved, according to court documents, the woman’s daughter referred to it as a “miracle drug,” as do her attorneys, Ralph C. Lorigo and Jon F. Minear. Apparently, a doctor ordered the drug off-label in the intensive care unit (ICU), and as she improved, she was moved to another unit, and the doctor there stepped in and disallowed the use of the drug. Family members immediately involved lawyers and legal action to resume treatment. And now, The New York Supreme Court Judge Henry J. Nowak has aligned with the family.

https://trialsitenews.com/new-york-su...

Nigeria Government Making Moves to Fund Ivermectin Research Targeting COVID-19: IVERCOVID Program: The Nigerian federal government commissioned a team of researchers to investigate the efficacy of Ivermectin as a potential treatment for COVID-19. Known as “IVERCOVID,” this group just may impact the world’s approach to treating COVID-19, at least in the developing world. With ivermectin gaining traction as a potential treatment option, the country’s political leadership becomes ever more intrigued. For example, Vice President Yemi Osinbajo’s declared that Nigeria and Nigerians “are at the cutting edge of scientific research into the COVID-19 treatment.” Fascinated with the fact that the drug is already in use in the country to combat river blindness, the Vice President is considering how to leverage this African nation’s considerable experience and understanding of the drug given growing data pointing toward its potential benefits as a treatment and even prophylactic medication targeting COVID-19.

https://trialsitenews.com/nigeria-gov...

Edited by bee

Nuclear Wessel

To date there is insufficient evidence for or against the use of ivermectin in the prevention or treatment of COVID-19. Furthermore, no regulatory authority with which SAHPRA is aligned (such as the US FDA, EMA or MHRA) has recommended the use of ivermectin in the management of COVID-19.

Link: https://www.sahpra.org.za/press-releases/update-on-the-use-of-ivermectin-in-the-prevention-or-treatment-of-covid-19/

KENILWORTH, N.J., Feb. 4, 2021 – Merck (NYSE: MRK), known as MSD outside the United States and Canada, today affirmed its position regarding use of ivermectin during the COVID-19 pandemic. Company scientists continue to carefully examine the findings of all available and emerging studies of ivermectin for the treatment of COVID-19 for evidence of efficacy and safety. It is important to note that, to-date, our analysis has identified:

• No scientific basis for a potential therapeutic effect against COVID-19 from pre-clinical studies; 
  • No meaningful evidence for clinical activity or clinical efficacy in patients with COVID-19 disease, and;
  • A concerning lack of safety data in the majority of studies.

(from the manufacturer themselves)

Link: https://www.merck.com/news/merck-statement-on-ivermectin-use-during-the-covid-19-pandemic/

I'm sure that won't stop you from peddling "bad ol' guvment" nonsense though, eh? All a big conspiracy...

Edited by Nuclear Wessel
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

bee

Another time where a judge has had to intervene at the families' request to make a hospital allow a patient to have Ivermectin - 

Letting patient's suffer and die when there is a safe and inexpensive drug that can be used should be classed as a crime - IMO...

video description - 

For the Second Time New York Doctors and Patients Needed to Go to Court to Access Ivermectin. The first incident, we covered in a News Roundup back on January 18th, it was about Judith Smentkiewicz an 80-year old woman who received the drug after her family took to court over their decision to disallow the use of Ivermectin. New York Supreme Court Judge Henry J. Nowak aligned with the family and she was able to continue receiving her treatment and went on to recover. In this SECOND case Judge Frank Caruso also with the New York Supreme Court, Orleans County, has preliminarily ruled for plaintiff Robert Dickinson, who is a patient’s husband and a physician, in his legal quest for his wife to be allowed to use Ivermectin.

pallidin

Q: Should I take ivermectin to prevent or treat COVID-19?

A: No. While there are approved uses for ivermectin in people and animals, it is not approved for the prevention or treatment of COVID-19. You should not take any medicine to treat or prevent COVID-19 unless it has been prescribed to you by your health care provider and acquired from a legitimate source. 

Source: https://www.fda.gov/animal-veterinary/product-safety-information/faq-covid-19-and-ivermectin-intended-animals

• Like 1

moonman

Why is it the conspiracy nuts are always eager to grab hold of the latest untested wackjob idea that some old, well known drug is said to work against covid?

They say the vaccines are BS, but stuff we've had for years is the true fix? WTF is the thought process there? What is wrong with these morons?

Edited by moonman
  • Thanks 1

Katniss
1 hour ago, moonman said:

Why is it the conspiracy nuts are always eager to grab hold of the latest untested wackjob idea that some old, well known drug is said to work against covid?

They say the vaccines are BS, but stuff we've had for years is the true fix? WTF is the thought process there? What is wrong with these morons?

Maybe you really want to know why people do this or maybe not? But in case you do click on the link in Rashore's post.

bee

Why would anyone be so cruel and heartless to condemn people to suffer and die when there is readily available prevention and cure..?

psyche101
On 2/15/2021 at 7:07 AM, moonman said:

And always the loudest?

Trying to create fear and loathing with a narrative that one is being cheated or wronged. Some secret club is withholding information vital to ones existance.

I've noticed that all the super crazies do this. The flat earther's, the Creationists, the moon landings crowd, the UFO nuts, stolen elections, paranormal nuts..... The list just goes on. 

The crazier an idea is, it seems the louder people are compelled to express it. I reckon it's becoming a hallmark red flag for total whackjobs.

• Thanks 1

bee
Posted (edited)

Saw this video with a Dr Ryan speaking about his work with Coronavirus - it is all very illuminating especially when he talks in the first section about Vitamin D - but regarding the subject of Ivermectin - the part he talks about that begins just after the 15 minute mark - 

He has nothing but positive things to say about it and that if it's use had been promoted (rather than suppressed?) huge numbers of lives could have been saved... 

It's a scandal of the highest degree that Ivermectin hasn't been made widely available and used extensively to prevent and cure SARS-CoV-2 - but apparently to enable the 'vaccine' to be released as an emergency treatment no other treatments could be shown to work...

https://www.b****ute.com/video/xvOShGZ8oNmV/

edit.....ooookay ... looks like there is a problem linking to this video presentation - anyone interested can go to the b i t c h u t e video hosting site and put Dr Ryan Cole in the search bit - - I will see if it's on YouTube ...

here it is on YouTube..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oA-fTaGadyc

part of the video description... on the b i t c h u t e site...

VITAMIN D should be the public health message for COVID!

Dr. Ryan Cole is the CEO and Medical Director of Cole Diagnostics, one of the largest independent labs in the State of Idaho. Dr. Cole has conducted over 100,000 Covid-19 lab tests and treated over 350,000 patients over his medical career.

Included:
- Average COVID-19 age of death: 78.6 years. Average annual US age of death historically: 78.6 years
- Inflammatory (cytokine) storm cannot be controlled without adequate vitamin D levels
- 96% of ICU patients are vitamin D deficient
- By law, the federal government cannot approve a vaccine if there is a proven treatment. That would be Ivermectin

Edited by bee

Nuclear Wessel
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, bee said:

Saw this video with a Dr Ryan speaking about his work with Coronavirus - it is all very illuminating especially when he talks in the first section about Vitamin D - but regarding the subject of Ivermectin - the part he talks about that begins just after the 15 minute mark - 

He has nothing but positive things to say about it and that if it's use had been promoted (rather than suppressed?) huge numbers of lives could have been saved... 

It's a scandal of the highest degree that Ivermectin hasn't been made widely available and used extensively to prevent and cure SARS-CoV-2 - but apparently to enable the 'vaccine' to be released as an emergency treatment no other treatments could be shown to work...

edit.....ooookay ... looks like there is a problem linking to this video presentation - anyone interested can go to the b i t c h u t e video hosting site and put Dr Ryan Cole in the search bit - - I will see if it's on YouTube ...

here it is on YouTube..

Dr. Ryan Cole is the CEO and Medical Director of Cole Diagnostics, one of the largest independent labs in the State of Idaho. Dr. Cole has conducted over 100,000 Covid-19 lab tests and treated over 350,000 patients over his medical career.

Included:
- Average COVID-19 age of death: 78.6 years. Average annual US age of death historically: 78.6 years
- Inflammatory (cytokine) storm cannot be controlled without adequate vitamin D levels
- By law, the federal government cannot approve a vaccine if there is a proven treatment. That would be Ivermectin

Did you ignore the sources I posted months ago?

Edited by Nuclear Wessel
  • Thanks 1

psyche101
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, bee said:

Saw this video with a Dr Ryan seespeaking about his work with Coronavirus - it is all very illuminating especially when he talks in the first section about Vitamin D - but regarding the subject of Ivermectin - the part he talks about that begins just after the 15 minute mark - 

here it is on YouTube..

Included:

Dr Ryan is an idiot and a liar. Why don't you invite him here so I can tell him straight up. 

You just love liars and scammers. I truly wonder what sort of a person you really are 

St. Luke's chief medical officer fact checks a doctor's anti-vax claims

"I'm afraid this is more from our anti-vax colleagues to stoke fear and misinformation instead of science."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ktvb.com/amp/article/news/local/208/ceo-st-lukes-fact-checks-doctors-anti-vax-claims-idaho-statehouse/277-28e346f7-dd40-4dfc-9cbe-d8edbf576c34

There's something seriously wrong in your head.

Edited by psyche101

bee

Is Ivermectin effective against SARS-CoV-2 variants..?

The answer from this doctor is - in a nut shell - yes  (so far)

a little bit of basic info about variants and how small the changes are...