Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The most haunted hotel in every state.

Grim Reaper 6

Spooky stays

When booking a hotel stay, most of us are just hoping for comfy beds, clean sheets and delicious breakfasts. But these hotels offer something more than most visitors will have bargained for. Said to be haunted by both former guests and employees, these hotels are for the thrill-seekers looking to hunt ghosts on their vacations.

Below is a slide show that include 51 slides, each slide lists a Haunted Hotel and the story behind the haunting to access the slide show click the link below. You may be surprised to find a Haunted Hotel near you!!!:devil:

Rooms with a boo! The most haunted hotel in every state (msn.com)

Enjoy:tu:

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Surprised that the New Mexico choice was not the St James in Cimarron. That hotel has apparently been on several ghost hunter shows and has quite a few visitors that are looking for ghosts enough that the hotel has ghost hunting rules posted around the premises.

• 1 month later...

Well the Emily Morgan is haunted and several others.My pick would have been the Menger Hotel, founded in the 1840s or 50s and haunted by the ghost of Sally White, a maid who was murdered by her common law husband. This is a ghost who we have evidence  really existed. They say Teddy Roosevelt hangs out in the bar area, as he recruited some of his Rough Riders there. Several other well known people have stayed there as well.

My best friend and her husband spent a weekend at the Southern Mansion in Cape May. When she booked the reservation, she had no idea it was haunted. When they arrived their room wasn't ready so they decided to go for a drink to a bar in the area. The bartender asked them where they were staying and they told him the Southern Mansion. He replied "Oh , you know it's haunted right?" They both just said " nope, never heard anything about that."

Hours later the room is ready. When they entered the room she said was freezing although the air conditioning was not on. Later on when they went to sleep she woke up smelling strong perfume. She woke her husband and asked him if he smelled it too. He said yes. In the morning they went down to breakfast and Ghost Hunters is there filming an episode. They didn't experience anything the second night. 

A few weeks later a patient came into the office and we were talking about Cape May. I mentioned the Southern Mansion and he said he and his wife are friends with the owners. I asked him if it was really haunted. He laughed and said NOooo.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Think I'd read this one or a similar one before. Solid read. There are a few locations I've seen but not been inside. Would be interesting to tour, especially in the fall, or schedule an October event for. I still have to wonder what truly went down with some ghost and murder stories... if the person is anywhere near what media depicts them to be or if they were driven insane and pretty much forced to do things they did not want to do much like institutionalized ghetto crime. Reminds me of the shining. I know the Stanley hotel has events like a Halloween screening of the Shining at the hotel.

We spent a night at the Atlantic Hotel in Berlin MD, at least advertised as the most haunted hotel on the mid-Atlantic coast. It's really cool the way they have kept everything in that place looking like turn of century, late 1800s. It's really cool, I can't recommend it enough. 

The room we had, it was right across the aisle from the most haunted room in the place, where a little girl would roam the halls, turning doorknobs and bouncing a ball. We stayed up half the night ghost hunting, but sadly did not see or hear anything. 

When we checked out the next day I told them I wanted my money back because there were no ghosts. I didn't get my money back. But that place is awesome cool.

The restaurant is pretty good too, highly recommend the turtle soup.