Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Nail 'from Jesus' crucifixion' found

UM-Bot

While it is currently unclear if the nail really is from the crucifixion of Jesus,

That sounds like something a Magic Eight Ball would say.

Seriously, bot, slow news day?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Send $19.95 to Ernest Angley for your very own nail from the cross and BE SAVED.....yea verily....and add an extra $.99 for a large bottle of holy water. What a crock!!

• Haha 5

I think it's going to be very hard to prove. In fact, I'd like to know how it would even be possible to prove.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Stiff said:

I think it's going to be very hard to prove. In fact, I'd like to know how it would even be possible to prove.

The holy blood preserved it until he returns 

• Like 1

It's not a nine inch nail.
Also, I highly doubt the Romans were wasting iron nails on ALL the crucifixions they were doing.
Then there's the fact that there is absolutely no real proof Jesus existed...Just a bunch of hearsay written hundreds of years after the stories and (of course) religious belief.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Considering the number of nails that are claimed to have been used in Jesus' crucifixion he must have looked like a porcupine. :innocent:

You think there’s a lot of nails, but there’s no fewer than 17 Holy Prepuces — Jesus’ shorn foreskin(s) — in Europe alone. 

Make of that what you will. 

—Jaylemurph 

Edited by jaylemurph
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Seti42 said:

It's not a nine inch nail.
Also, I highly doubt the Romans were wasting iron nails on ALL the crucifixions they were doing.
Then there's the fact that there is absolutely no real proof Jesus existed...Just a bunch of hearsay written hundreds of years after the stories and (of course) religious belief.

Written /decades/ after his death, many of them (but some are from centuries later). 

As I said today elsewhere, there /is/ proof Jesus existed. But evidently not proof that suits you, personally. But to say there is no proof is as inaccurate as suggesting there’s definitive proof. 

It’s all about how you choose to interpret evidence, and no one’s way is foolproof, authoritatively correct or free from influence. 

—Jaylemurph 

On 12/24/2020 at 4:55 PM, Mr Guitar said:

Send $19.95 to Ernest Angley for your very own nail from the cross and BE SAVED.....yea verily....and add an extra $.99 for a large bottle of holy water. What a crock!!

Bargain!  I've already got seventeen - how many more for the full set?

I also have three of the four bundles of clothes the Roman soldiers shared out.  If anyone has the other one I'll give you £20 for it.

On 12/24/2020 at 8:23 PM, Seti42 said:

Not true!  I've got a laminated copy of his birth certificate.  Only cost me £30.  Bargain!

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Tom1200 said:

Not true!  I've got a laminated copy of his birth certificate.  

But do you have the long form certificate ? :innocent: 

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

But do you have the long form certificate ? :innocent: 

I've got this - looks pretty comprehensive to me.

835291521_Jesussbirthcert(authenticated)(2).jpg.4e3288a60e9ee0b1183ff278055accd9.jpg

• Haha 5

16 minutes ago, Tom1200 said:

I've got this - looks pretty comprehensive to me.

835291521_Jesussbirthcert(authenticated)(2).jpg.4e3288a60e9ee0b1183ff278055accd9.jpg

Looks legit. :innocent:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

The thing to do is test its composition and compare it to other roman nails of the period, It might or might not be an actual nail from the cross. There was a lot of trading in relics back in the past, . It would be cool if they could find any documentation to prove it was.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, woopypooky said:

why haven't someone come up with that piece of loin cloth?

Because we're not creepy? :passifier:

Just kidding...

• Haha 1

On 12/24/2020 at 10:15 AM, Stiff said:

Modern DNA analysis.  Compare the nail traces to the Shroud of Turin. If they match, its either a miracle or evidence of a productive medieval relic factory.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1