Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
UM-Bot

Baba Vanga's predictions for 2021 revealed

Recommended Posts

 
HandsomeGorilla

If mystics are blind, does that automatically make them more trustworthy? You always hear of mystics, but blind mystics seem a different subspecies and blindness seems to effect them at a disproportionate rate amongst the general mystic population. So does the incidence of blindness encourage one to seek mysticism, or does the quest for knowledge and mysticism somehow negate the need for eyesight? Or, pray tell, does the simple acquisition of such forbidden knowledge cause one to go blind?! 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

... What the hell am I talking about? 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nnicolette
1 hour ago, HandsomeGorilla said:

If mystics are blind, does that automatically make them more trustworthy? You always hear of mystics, but blind mystics seem a different subspecies and blindness seems to effect them at a disproportionate rate amongst the general mystic population. So does the incidence of blindness encourage one to seek mysticism, or does the quest for knowledge and mysticism somehow negate the need for eyesight? Or, pray tell, does the simple acquisition of such forbidden knowledge cause one to go blind?! 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

... What the hell am I talking about? 

I imagine it's part of the natural heightening of your other senses that comes with being blind. That or tje need to be more creative in earning an income.?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pallidin

Seems like her 'predictions' simply haven't come true.

Weirdo...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nnicolette
19 minutes ago, pallidin said:

Seems like her 'predictions' simply haven't come true.

Weirdo...

Nonsense! I saw three giants and a dragon hanging out just the other day...

  • Haha 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
qxcontinuum

China, Iran, Russia, N. KOREA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FlyingAngel
On 12/25/2020 at 5:46 AM, qxcontinuum said:

China, Iran, Russia, N. KOREA

No US or Europe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mesuma

The bones never lie!!!

 

Em, Baba?  That's ma bowl of pretzels ye've got yer hands in.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Wearer of Hats

Oddly enough she seems to have missed two rather impressive and memorable events in 2020 when she made her predictions for the year that was.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
qxcontinuum
On 12/27/2020 at 10:21 PM, President Wearer of Hats said:

Oddly enough she seems to have missed two rather impressive and memorable events in 2020 when she made her predictions for the year that was.....

Another prediction attributed to her is that the 44th President of the United States would be the country's last Commander-in-chief.[31][32][33][34] It has also been claimed that Vanga correctly predicted the 44th President would be African-American.[35] Vanga's supporters also claimed that she predicted the 45th president will be with a "messianic personality", who will be faced with a crisis that eventually "brings the country down".[36][37][38]

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Orphalesion
On 12/29/2020 at 8:11 AM, qxcontinuum said:

Another prediction attributed to her is that the 44th President of the United States would be the country's last Commander-in-chief.[31][32][33][34] It has also been claimed that Vanga correctly predicted the 44th President would be African-American.[35] Vanga's supporters also claimed that she predicted the 45th president will be with a "messianic personality", who will be faced with a crisis that eventually "brings the country down".[36][37][38]

She also said that Europe would be "almost empty" for several years now, yet I still have to deal with crowded public transport...

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
qxcontinuum
10 hours ago, Orphalesion said:

She also said that Europe would be "almost empty" for several years now, yet I still have to deal with crowded public transport...

Maybe it is empty but in a different way, lacking certain qualities or type of ppl...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Orphalesion
10 hours ago, qxcontinuum said:

Maybe it is empty but in a different way, lacking certain qualities or type of ppl...

Nope, she was literally talking about a large scale depopulation caused by first nuclear, then chemical warfare, and that was all supposed to be done and over with last decade:
 

Quote
  • 2010 year. The beginning of the World War. The war will begin in November 2010 and end in October 2014. It will start as usual, then nuclear weapons will be used first , and then chemical weapons .
  • 2011. As a result of the fallout of radioactive fallout, neither animals nor vegetation will remain in the Northern Hemisphere . Then the Muslims will start a chemical war against the surviving Europeans.
  • year 2014. Most people will suffer from ulcers , skin cancer and other skin diseases (a consequence of chemical warfare).
  • 2016 year. Europe is almost deserted.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
switchopens

Did Baba Yaga say anything about the post Trump world?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ajay0

 I had read of her predictions years back, and am surprised to see them coming true to a large extent now. Interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Golden Duck
3 minutes ago, Ajay0 said:

 I had read of her predictions years back, and am surprised to see them coming true to a large extent now. Interesting.

I'm surprised you see them coming true too.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alispirit

Wonder if Akira Toriyama got inspiration for the Baba with crystal ball character from dragon ball z, from her

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Wearer of Hats
On 1/9/2021 at 3:19 PM, Ajay0 said:

 I had read of her predictions years back, and am surprised to see them coming true to a large extent now. Interesting.

I’d like to see a list, please.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Helen of Annoy

I'll say the same I always say in Baba Vanga's threads: she was an interesting sort of phenomenon. Yes, she mostly did classic cold reading (judging by the recordings of her sessions with her clients), but there was more than that too (judging by testimonies of some people who visited her and whose testimonies I have no reason to distrust). In my opinion, of course. Everyone's slightly "psychic", so when you're a folk psychotherapist (which is what she was in my opinion), you're bound to experience some of the real unexplained phenomena occasionally, such as precognition or telepathy. 

Just my opinion, I don't expect anyone to start thinking such phenomena are real.

So. That covers my opinion of Baba Vanga. 

Now my opinion of the recent "predictions" advertised as hers. I've been following everything about her since I was a child, because I always found anything unexplained extremely interesting and she was one of the most popular clairvoyants in my part of the world. She left some predictions about future, but I don't remember any of these recent "predictions" from the time she was still alive.

And these "predictions" are ridiculously political, which is not consistent with her actual work. Either she had very carefully hidden parallel political career (no offense, but that was not the case) and left very well hidden predictions that are just now popping up (why?), either someone is shamelessly misusing her "brand" to spread typical panicky quasi-conservative crap.     

 

Since I'm baba (grandmother) too :D I'll predict something too. 

These poor manipulators who falsify Baba Vanga's predictions will always be doomed to the stupidest audience only. They know that, but that's all they have. And woe to them, it won't be enough to control the political course. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Orphalesion
On 1/14/2021 at 2:56 PM, Alispirit said:

Wonder if Akira Toriyama got inspiration for the Baba with crystal ball character from dragon ball z, from her

No. That one is based on Baba Yaga, a witch from Slavic folklore. "Baba" just means "granny", so you'll see it often. Baba Vanga then means "Grandma Vanga" 

 

38 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

I'll say the same I always say in Baba Vanga's threads: she was an interesting sort of phenomenon. Yes, she mostly did classic cold reading (judging by the recordings of her sessions with her clients), but there was more than that too (judging by testimonies of some people who visited her and whose testimonies I have no reason to distrust). In my opinion, of course. Everyone's slightly "psychic", so when you're a folk psychotherapist (which is what she was in my opinion), you're bound to experience some of the real unexplained phenomena occasionally, such as precognition or telepathy. 

Just my opinion, I don't expect anyone to start thinking such phenomena are real.

So. That covers my opinion of Baba Vanga. 

Now my opinion of the recent "predictions" advertised as hers. I've been following everything about her since I was a child, because I always found anything unexplained extremely interesting and she was one of the most popular clairvoyants in my part of the world. She left some predictions about future, but I don't remember any of these recent "predictions" from the time she was still alive.

And these "predictions" are ridiculously political, which is not consistent with her actual work. Either she had very carefully hidden parallel political career (no offense, but that was not the case) and left very well hidden predictions that are just now popping up (why?), either someone is shamelessly misusing her "brand" to spread typical panicky quasi-conservative crap.    

I agree with you that everybody is psychic to a certain degree, but more on a personal and imidiate level. I have trouble believing that somebody can create accurate prophecies about the far future. 

However now that you mention all this... Since Baba Vanga was from Bulgaria I assume a lot of primary sources concerning her and her "predictions" are probably written in Cyrillic and/or in languages few (if any) of the Conspiriots, New Agers etc. in the non-Slavophonic parts of the world could understand. So forging new prophecies and claiming them to be Baba Vanga's would be pretty easy l, since few people could check the primary sources. 

Do you know if she actually predicted a catastrophic depopulation of Europe, or is that also a forgery? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Helen of Annoy
33 minutes ago, Orphalesion said:

No. That one is based on Baba Yaga, a witch from Slavic folklore. "Baba" just means "granny", so you'll see it often. Baba Vanga then means "Grandma Vanga" 

Exactly. :nw: I declare you a honorary Slav :D 

 

Quote

I agree with you that everybody is psychic to a certain degree, but more on a personal and imidiate level. I have trouble believing that somebody can create accurate prophecies about the far future. 

However now that you mention all this... Since Baba Vanga was from Bulgaria I assume a lot of primary sources concerning her and her "predictions" are probably written in Cyrillic and/or in languages few (if any) of the Conspiriots, New Agers etc. in the non-Slavophonic parts of the world could understand. So forging new prophecies and claiming them to be Baba Vanga's would be pretty easy l, since few people could check the primary sources. 

Do you know if she actually predicted a catastrophic depopulation of Europe, or is that also a forgery? 

Sometimes you or me or anyone gets very clear feeling that certain situation will end up in very specific way, which is not really expected. And that turns out to be correct. Only we can never really "prove" it wasn't just a coincidence, confirmation bias etc. While very real and clear when it happens, to the one who experiences it, it's just too irrational to be insisted upon. Doesn't matter, what matters that people usually do pay attention to their intuition, which can be very beneficial. Unless they're insane, of course. 

I agree, it's usually personal, involving the closest friends and family. Pets included, of course. But it happens that you get a feeling about something on larger scale. We can't know how rare it is, because people are not prone to yell "Stalin's dead!" in the middle of marketplace, weeks before his death was officially admitted, like Vanga did. I can't know with absolute certainty if that anecdote is true, but if it is, then it proves she had more than average tendency to have stuff downloaded into her brain. Or more than average connections with the Party, which was not really likely, but it's possible they used her as a provocateur... on the other hand, that was just too scandalous.

She was often suspected of being informant for the Bulgarian secret police, which would be quite likely, but still, doesn't interfere with very mundane, personal predictions she got right for some of her clients. Anyway. 

In my opinion, the new "predictions" were Russian-made, recently.  

One of them was about new tsar of Russia, greatest than any tsar before, who will restore and essentially make Russia great again, and by some coincidence, his name will be Vladimir. Sure. Not at all suspiciously convenient. Such prediction was definitely not among those I was reading since 1980's. She was predicting technological breakthroughs and meeting aliens, but she wasn't into presidents and she definitely wouldn't call new life-long Russian president a tsar. The fabricators went a bit too far in their poetic inspiration.   

Depopulation of Europe fits into the same narrative, it's meant to raise panic and mobilize people against the threat of losing their... to be blunt, racial purity. Baba Yaga is Muslim nowadays. Though Baba Yaga is much more complex character than mere boogeyman. Not to digress too far. 

There was no depopulation of Europe in the predictions I remember. But Baba Vanga did mention dangers of pollution, loss of moral compass and new diseases. Which doesn't require any clairvoyancy, true. She did specify when we'll meet aliens (I forgot the year), and that they're not really alien at all. She was trying to give her general future predictions ethic and religious (in the good, spiritual sense, no talibanery) tone.     

 

Oh, this turned out longer than it's polite. Sorry. 

Edited by Helen of Annoy
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Helen of Annoy

And I also forgot to say something substantial :lol: 

Here it is: 

There are no sources. You spot an article, usually in the West too, but obligatory in my part of the world, advertising "Baba Vanga's prediction" for this year, about this or that... but no original text or recording, no names of witnesses who wrote it down, no date when she gave the prediction... nothing. 

 

If anyone stumbles upon a source, I will more than gladly take a look and compare it with the contents of my mind's attic :D 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Orphalesion
1 hour ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Exactly. :nw: I declare you a honorary Slav :D

Well I do have some Polish ancestry. I know very little about it though.
 

1 hour ago, Helen of Annoy said:

 But it happens that you get a feeling about something on larger scale. We can't know how rare it is, because people are not prone to yell "Stalin's dead!" in the middle of marketplace, weeks before his death was officially admitted, like Vanga did. I can't know with absolute certainty if that anecdote is true, but if it is, then it proves she had more than average tendency to have stuff downloaded into her brain. Or more than average connections with the Party, which was not really likely, but it's possible they used her as a provocateur... on the other hand, that was just too scandalous.

If that anecdote is true, then I'd still call it something that was "immediate" to her and I could believe it. It would be similar to how some people can tell that a natural disaster is coming. Or I've once read and article that people during WW II developed a "sixth sense" about when air raids would take place (even when the weather wasn't conductive to successful raids). So I could definitely see her sensing a change in the "Spiritus Mundi" so to say. 
On the personal level I do know some events from my own life. Not always predictions but more "messages" I'm a bit reluctant to go into it on a public forum, though (nothing dramatic, just stuff about my own life). 
 

1 hour ago, Helen of Annoy said:

In my opinion, the new "predictions" were Russian-made, recently.  

One of them was about new tsar of Russia, greatest than any tsar before, who will restore and essentially make Russia great again, and by some coincidence, his name will be Vladimir. Sure. Not at all suspiciously convenient. Such prediction was definitely not among those I was reading since 1980's. She was predicting technological breakthroughs and meeting aliens, but she wasn't into presidents and she definitely wouldn't call new life-long Russian president a tsar. The fabricators went a bit too far in their poetic inspiration.   

Depopulation of Europe fits into the same narrative, it's meant to raise panic and mobilize people against the threat of losing their... to be blunt, racial purity. Baba Yaga is Muslim nowadays. Though Baba Yaga is much more complex character than mere boogeyman. Not to digress too far. 
 

That makes sense.

1 hour ago, Helen of Annoy said:

There was no depopulation of Europe in the predictions I remember. But Baba Vanga did mention dangers of pollution, loss of moral compass and new diseases. Which doesn't require any clairvoyancy, true. She did specify when we'll meet aliens (I forgot the year), and that they're not really alien at all. She was trying to give her general future predictions ethic and religious (in the good, spiritual sense, no talibanery) tone.    

I remember reading some predictions of hers that were along those lines years and years ago. Also that in the far future mankind will be able to communicate with "God" (whatever she interpreted as "God") and the Other Side (again whatever she interpreted as such). Which, honestly is a nice thought.  And again here I do have a believe that some people have... I'd call it "instinctive knowledge" on metaphysical matters, but they are only able to interpret it according to the culture they were exposed to. If there was a historical Jesus, then I'd say he might have had such instinctive knowledge, but was only able to interpret it according to his culture (i.e. God the Father and such)

Edited by Orphalesion
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Helen of Annoy
1 hour ago, Orphalesion said:

Well I do have some Polish ancestry. I know very little about it though.
 

I knew it! I felt the vibe... kidding. Actually, I had no idea :D  

 

1 hour ago, Orphalesion said:

If that anecdote is true, then I'd still call it something that was "immediate" to her and I could believe it. It would be similar to how some people can tell that a natural disaster is coming. Or I've once read and article that people during WW II developed a "sixth sense" about when air raids would take place (even when the weather wasn't conductive to successful raids). So I could definitely see her sensing a change in the "Spiritus Mundi" so to say. 
On the personal level I do know some events from my own life. Not always predictions but more "messages" I'm a bit reluctant to go into it on a public forum, though (nothing dramatic, just stuff about my own life). 
 

And from my own experience, it's true. Extreme situations (such as wars) mobilize everything you've got, sixth sense included, even if you didn't believe in that stuff at all. 

And it's not just own sixth sense, there are for example dreams that instruct you in more or less symbolic way what to do or not to do. You know when it happens, what the dream was telling you. 

And it's not just humans, my grandmother's sister had a cat who knew what a particular day in 1990's war will be like. If shelling was about to be heavy, he'd hide under the bed and you couldn't coax him out. If the day was about to be relatively calm, he'd act normally. They both survived and died later of old age. My husband's dog would go to the trench for car repairing - that was used instead of a shelter - before any discharge was heard or siren was sounded. She didn't do that if nothing would explode later in relative vicinity. And then a car killed her after the war. Makes you wonder why we sometimes do get the warning and sometimes... sometimes it's our time to go, I guess. 

 

1 hour ago, Orphalesion said:

That makes sense.

I remember reading some predictions of hers that were along those lines years and years ago. Also that in the far future mankind will be able to communicate with "God" (whatever she interpreted as "God") and the Other Side (again whatever she interpreted as such). Which, honestly is a nice thought.  And again here I do have a believe that some people have... I'd call it "instinctive knowledge" on metaphysical matters, but they are only able to interpret it according to the culture they were exposed to. If there was a historical Jesus, then I'd say he might have had such instinctive knowledge, but was only able to interpret it according to his culture (i.e. God the Father and such)

I'd say we all carry bits and pieces of that instinctive knowledge. And we are all connected with these... fields of consciousness or whatever is the term... it's just that we're too preoccupied with the everyday life and too oriented to the palpable, obvious side of life. 

It's often traumatic experiences that allow people to simply start using the impossible options too. Baba Vanga had plenty of traumatic events in her life, more than enough to allow her to stop caring if something's considered proven or possible, as long as it's helping her deal with lost eyesight and - even more important - helping her keep in touch with the loved ones. 

It could be, that sometimes people can't bear the loss, so they imagine the contact with the departed. But if the departed can give an actual advice, relate information that you couldn't obtain otherwise... then it's not just the imagination.    

Back on strict topic, I can't know how much was real precognition (and telepathy and contact with the other world and so on), how much was experience with people and how much was possible professional informant network with Baba Vanga. But I appreciate her shtick - she tried giving people good advice, no matter the source. 

Imagine if her life was very different and she was an actual psychotherapist. She'd have to hide the fact that her thought process includes visions, just like in this life she had to hide her mundane sources she probably did mix with her visions. :lol: 

I'm trying to say that people often expect very clearly separated, neatly labelled people and events. Either a superhuman, either a fraud. While we all have occasional weird experiences and why wouldn't we combine them with information obtained in usual ways? 

USSR and other Warsaw pact countries were routinely misusing paranormal for propaganda purposes. It doesn't disprove Baba Vanga, it just adds a bit of political thriller on top of classic folk tale. It was interesting to follow the evolution of that story. But it does anger me that there's danger these recent misuses will be remembered more than the actual intriguing events on which they're leeching. 

It would be such a shame we'd get "and then it was all Putin's propagandists taking advantage of the superstitious" instead of one nice, mystical tale about Baba who saw people talking to God one day. 

 

The less I'm trying to blather, the longer post I crap out... it's a phenomenon too. So I'm gone now, but someone please do notify me if the actual source for the recent Vanga's predictions pops up. I'd love to tear it apart. I hate it when someone's ruining folklore.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.