Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Christmas Puppy Surprise

Brandy333

Dogs are not ****ing gifts. They're animals that need proper care and attention. Giving puppies as presents is ****ing idiotic. 

• Thanks 4

7 hours ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Dogs are not ****ing gifts. They're animals that need proper care and attention. Giving puppies as presents is ****ing idiotic. 

Are you saying letting a child have a dog, or dogs, any other time other than Christmas is ok as long as it's not a gift?  Would not there be some children or another adult who may disregard the dog anyway?  Perhaps the giver was getting the dog for themselves also?  Hence the term, family dog.  I'm sure the adults in these videos knew the puppies would need proper care and attention, and they saw it as a chance for their children to learn responsibility of taking care of another living thing.   Dogs are one of the greatest gifts God gave to people.   Far too many people either get dogs for themselves give them to someone, and then those dogs are neglected and mistreated, and they weren't given as a gift. Back when I had dogs all throughout the years, I thought of them as a wonderful gift to myself, a pure joy.   Getting a dog anytime, whether it be Christmas, birthday, or just an ordinary time, is a gift in itself all wrapped up in love.

12 hours ago, Brandy333 said:

Are you saying letting a child have a dog, or dogs, any other time other than Christmas is ok as long as it's not a gift?  Would not there be some children or another adult who may disregard the dog anyway?  Perhaps the giver was getting the dog for themselves also?  Hence the term, family dog.  I'm sure the adults in these videos knew the puppies would need proper care and attention, and they saw it as a chance for their children to learn responsibility of taking care of another living thing.   Dogs are one of the greatest gifts God gave to people.   Far too many people either get dogs for themselves give them to someone, and then those dogs are neglected and mistreated, and they weren't given as a gift. Back when I had dogs all throughout the years, I thought of them as a wonderful gift to myself, a pure joy.   Getting a dog anytime, whether it be Christmas, birthday, or just an ordinary time, is a gift in itself all wrapped up in love.

Giving a dog a gift at all is a stupid idea. Dogs are not gifts. You need to be prepared and committed to that animal. 

Edited by Imaginarynumber1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey, @Brandy333

Your heart's in the right place. I don't think you intended the video to be advocating irresponsible pet ownership.

The point made by our resident gorilla is valid and important, one that I fully agree with, but you're not the villain. I didn't want there to be any confusion about that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1