Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

On January 6, Mike Pence Counts EC Votes

ian hacktorp

On January 6, Mike Pence Counts Electoral Votes.  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Will he accept votes from contested states? Or will he throw them out?

• Pence accepts contested Electoral College votes.
    • Pence rejects Electoral College votes from 7 contested states.

25 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

Is that the only way that state can be contested?  Aren't there other ways?  Can't a contested state be one that ignores widespread fraud in their elections?  Even if you only consider it an appearance of fraud, that still puts into question the results.

https://www.findlaw.com/voting/how-u-s--elections-work/contesting-an-election.html

From what I'm reading at least. The legal determination for "contested" is if the Governor and legislators of a state send different results. Or if the states don't certify their results by the deadline.

If the Governor and the State Legislature Send Different Results

Governors certify the results in their respective states and submit them to Congress. However, in some closely contested states, the governor and the state legislature may submit two different election results. In such cases, the Electoral Count Act will likely come into play, whereby Congress will decide which electors are accepted.

If Neither Candidate Secures a Majority Vote

A candidate needs at least 270 of the electoral votes to win an election. If a candidate can't secure these votes, a “contingent election" outlined under the 12th Amendment will be triggered. According to this provision, the House will choose the next president, and the Senate will elect the vice president.

If a State Doesn't Certify the Votes by the Safe Harbor Deadline 

States need to settle election-related disputes by the safe harbor deadline. A safe harbor deadline is simply the deadline for states to choose electors. If states don't submit electors by the deadline, Congress may be able to choose the winner when it meets to count electoral votes.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ian hacktorp said:

There are 7 contested states with alternate electoral slates.  So-called "certification" means nothing.

Pence has the authority to declare any slate of electors invalid.

cometh the hour - cometh the man

From what I've seen of Pence over the last 4 years - he is a solid, strong, steadfast type of man who if he thinks there has been election fraud and enough evidence to back it up in the 7 states he will feel morally duty bound to reject the electors that represent the election rigging... 

The 6th of January also happens to be a significant day in the Christian calendar... Epiphany.... and as a deeply religious man he will have his resolve strengthened to do the right thing .....

that's why I voted for the 2nd option in the poll...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, ian hacktorp said:

Apparently, Pence is prevented by law from accepting fraudulent voting results.

January 6 will be an interesting day.

indeed....  a crucial day all round...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, President Wearer of Hats said:

Something something Kraken something something 

image.png.4134cdb349e1ac0255babc7b0a0c39f3.png

This guy?

• Haha 5

18 hours ago, ian hacktorp said:

Pence will determine the election outcome on January 6, 2021.

No he will not, its a formality not required by law, no matter what he sayr nothing changes, except that he may look like a complete idiot but he does most days anyway so what is the difference.:D

I am a Christian Zionist I will get my way or I will go live in Israel!!!!!:D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, bee said:

indeed....  a crucial day all round...

Still believing Trump Bee

1 no court has ruled anything fraudulent and the US government bodies including the DOJ and the FEC have said the elections are fair - therefore no grounds for pence to claim fraudulent. 

2. Pence is not even needed to read out the results of the electoral college votes - if he doesn't do it he can be replaced in that role. There is precedent where a VP wouldn't read out the results. 

"Statistically impossible to have lost the 2020 Election" - what a load of waffle

Edited by RAyMO
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RAyMO said:

Still believing Trump Bee

yes

even if his legal team weren't collecting evidence in various forms... statistical, affidavits, revelations about voting machines and whatnot - just the circumstantial evidence alone would signal that it would be a miracle if the Dems and their backers and those colluding with them -  didn't cheat to win.. they have ben building up to this for 4 years and there is no way they were going to play fair.. 

Going back to 2016 - leaked emails revealed that the DNC made sure that Hillary and not Bernie got the Dem candidacy - regardless of what the Democrat Party members wanted...

then I saw this about how the DNC manipulated how the primaries played out to make sure they got who they wanted - ie Biden and Harris - probably because they would tow the Party Line / the Globalist Line / even the Chinese Communist Party Line.. 

they got their man/woman with some app to control how the vote was counted...by the looks of it... but that wouldn't be a surprise because they have 'form'...

DNC's Election Interference - NEW Revelations! Bernie, Buttigieg, and Iowa.

some of the Republicans are also part of the Democracy Sham... like the RINOs... but enough of then took a chance on Trump back in 2016 to stop Clinton...

and the rest is history... as they say...

but history is still being played out at the moment and the depth of swamp infiltration / manipulation is being revealed even if at this point it can't be stopped because it is too widespread... even present in the Supreme Court..

anyway... all this and more means I DO still believe Trump - and I DO believe that he won the election - but he may be cheated out of it - or more specifically - his supporters and voters will be cheated out of it... 

Edited by bee
  • Haha 3

21 hours ago, ian hacktorp said:

Pence will be receiving alternate slates in 7 states and will be forced to reject some or all of them.

Your link is by no means definitive and much is being written arguing that Pence has the power to declare "no election" occurred in the case of fraudulent results.

Alternate slates ratified by whom?

20 hours ago, ian hacktorp said:

Pence will likely be acting on "information and belief" using evidence provided to him.

If he rejects any slate of electors, it will be up to the states affected to challenge his decision.

And we all know how eager the US Supreme Court has been to involve itself in the 2020 election...

On what legal basis?

17 hours ago, ian hacktorp said:

Power of the VP in written in the Constitution, not in anyone's delusion...sorry.

Read it (and weep).

More like 'Read it (and confused)'.

Where in the Twelfth Amendment does it talk about the Vice President doing anything other than "open all the certificates"?

i hope he  throws them away. the left deserves it/  the fascists need to be held accountable for what they turned America into. .i hope the left is obstructed, and resisted at every step of the way/ what they did during  last 4 years, they need to get it all back in double dose at very least

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, aztek said:

i hope he  throws them away. the left deserves it/  the fascists need to be held accountable for what they turned America into. .i hope the left is obstructed, and resisted at every step of the way/ what they did during  last 4 years, they need to get it all back in double dose at very least

And yet you've said you don't think the election results were fraudulent.

So what you're actually saying here is that you're fine with the overthrow of your republic so long as it teaches people you don't agree with a lesson.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, aztek said:

It would be excellent if it goes Trump, Brexit, constant attempts to subvert UK democracy, Boris elected, constant media and Democrat lies about Trump, fake impeachment, fraudulent election, Brexit success with an exit agreement, followed by.....

A British economy booming in 2021 and Mike Pence throwing out the fraudulent election to make Trump president 4 more years. In fact it would take me 4 years to stop laughing at that one LMAO.

Edited by Cookie Monster
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Peter B said:

Alternate slates ratified by whom?

On what legal basis?

More like 'Read it (and confused)'.

Where in the Twelfth Amendment does it talk about the Vice President doing anything other than "open all the certificates"?

As I understand it, slates of electors need not be "ratified" in order to be put before Congress.  Pence's legal basis for determining validity stems from his position and authority as President of the Senate.

HOWEVER...

In the case of competing slates of electors, it seems that BOTH houses of Congress will need to agree as to which of those is valid...leading to the possibility that none will be so judged in contested states.

This makes for the possibility that Pence won't need to throw anything out himself...only opening envelopes adjudged as valid by both houses of Congress.

Same result: Trump 232, Biden 222.

• Like 1

More flies in the ointment for Biden-Harris:

December 29, 2020
Ukraine press conference explicitly ties Hunter and Joe Biden to corruption
By Andrea Widburg

A video from a press conference in Ukraine is going viral.  It is the follow-up to a video press conference that Ukraine released over a year ago, in which members of the Ukraine Parliament demanded that President Zelensky and President Trump investigate billions of dollars of corruption in Ukraine that is tied to the U.S.  The newly released video is meant to provide documentary and eyewitness information about the corruption — and the Biden family figures prominently in the story.

The video is long — over an hour — and not all of it involves the Biden family. This post quotes those portions of the press conference that address Biden family corruption.  The gist of it is that, while Democrats obsess about Trump's purported criminality, despite the absence of any evidence, their chosen standard-bearer is extraordinarily corrupt.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2020/12/ukraine_press_conference_explicitly_ties_hunter_and_joe_biden_to_corruption.html

And folks wonder why security briefings are being denied to these people.

Lol...

Edited by ian hacktorp
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 12/28/2020 at 2:33 PM, ian hacktorp said:

I've said all along that Trump will win.  And he did...in a landslide.

I offer no reasons why YOU should believe me.  To the contrary, it's much more fun when some folks offer themselves up for a bit of good-natured abuse after the fact.

I appreciate it, truth be told.

The American people spoke and said trump...fired.gif.671da7a0011c699c43bc2125f28a18c5.gif

No, trump wont and didnt win biden won and it was a landslide,

congrats5.gif.f4646889a1e066cdd8380a7015f0f37c.gif

Joe Biden 2020 presidential election winner!

starshower.gif.6f34334d3539a63470b1a760a2b1a4a3.gif t0251.gif.4538946b4282585b9365df95e9886578.gif

it's much more fun when some folks offer themselves up for a bit of good-natured abuse after the fact

^ yes it really is so thanks for coming back for just that,  if you missed it back about a week or 2 before the election our buddy ian beat his fists and ranted at the sky that biden would drop out by that weeks end, he brayed and brayed about it for days, extremeanger.gif.527b24e918da3ba6811f0f34494a0873.gif

And the deadline for ians prediction came and went biden didnt drop out he won and one in a big way,  poor old ian his deeply humiliating embarrassment from being so uttery wrong sure he babbled this and babbled that trying to save face but the

truth be told.

Biden didnt drop out and ian was once again a total and complete failure, it was side splittingly hillarious. laughing6(2).gif.eef7f535a6a700aecb9701e4c125fefd.gif

Come visit this thread on jan 6th pence will do and say whatever but nothing will change biden will still be President 2020 and both trump and ian will still be failures.

nopity.gif.e6f41f1ec38bbbbc2fb03b5501907e3d.gif

Edited by the13bats
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

If there is one last hail Mary play for Trump to take this election, he will try it.

I for one, will not believe anything can't possibly happen until January 20th, 2020. 

He is already stirring up his base for a big rally on January 6th, so I foresee grim days ahead.

And if they take this election in some way and then try to block all the so called evidence from being presented to the public, we'll it was a ruse all along. 

And all involved should be tried for over throwing the U S Government, as they will be illegitimate.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, the13bats said:

Biden didnt drop out and ian was once again a total and complete failure, it was side splittingly hillarious

I was keeping a list of predictions to mock people when they didn't come true. 

I stopped after that one though as nothing could top that failure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Setton said:

I was keeping a list of predictions to mock people when they didn't come true. 

I stopped after that one though as nothing could top that failure.

Just curious... 

Who were you predicting to win the UK Election for months?  

:D

46 minutes ago, President-Elect Acidhead said:

Just curious... 

Who were you predicting to win the UK Election for months?  

:D

I don't recall making any such predictions. I'm not stupid enough to make a prediction just based on what I want instead of reality.

By all means, find a post to quote and prove me wrong.

• Like 1

Pence will have to accept it. I feel bad for the guy. He's already a traitor in the eyes of the MAGA cult.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Pence will have to accept it. I feel bad for the guy. He's already a traitor in the eyes of the MAGA cult.

I just have my doubts pence wants to end his career just to pointlessly bend a knee for trump when he knows it wont change anything.