Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

On January 6, Mike Pence Counts EC Votes

ian hacktorp

On January 6, Mike Pence Counts Electoral Votes.  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Will he accept votes from contested states? Or will he throw them out?

• Pence accepts contested Electoral College votes.
    • Pence rejects Electoral College votes from 7 contested states.

41 minutes ago, Brandy333 said:

I feel Mike Pence made the right decision in rejecting the lawsuit, as long as the law is upheld.

Mike Pence certainly made the decision everyone, including the lawsuit's sponsors, had expected him to make.

This was the sort of suit that is filed in order to assert and preserve certain legal rights to be used at a later date.

In this case, that later date might be when, say, someone other than Mike Pence is suddenly responsible for counting the electoral votes.

Keep in mind that in the highly likely event that the Dems and never-Trumpers are unhappy with the counting results, it will be up to THEM to prove in a (no doubt lengthy) court proceeding that they somehow didn't cheat their asses off.  Nobody is going to just hand them the keys.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, President-Elect Acidhead said:

Louie Louie responds! 

20210102_170410.jpg

Not really sure what Gomer here is actually expecting to change,but it should be fun for spectators on their tv screens lol

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

No doubt...

Maxine and others calls to "get loud,get up in their faces,and make them uncomfortable" wasn't much better...

I don't don't care who you vote for,you get loud up in my face trying too make me uncomfortable,i'm going to knock your teeth down your throat ;)

Then you would be called a racist anti female by default. 

4 minutes ago, ian hacktorp said:

Mike Pence certainly made the decision everyone, including the lawsuit's sponsors, had expected him to make.

This was the sort of suit that is filed in order to assert and preserve certain legal rights to be used at a later date.

In this case, that later date might be when, say, someone other than Mike Pence is suddenly responsible for counting the electoral votes.

Keep in mind that in the highly likely event that the Dems and never-Trumpers are unhappy with the counting results, it will be up to THEM to prove in a (no doubt lengthy) court proceeding that they somehow didn't cheat their asses off.  Nobody is going to just hand them the keys.

Just a side thought, when will Hillary finally say she lost fair and square and it wasn't because of Russian influence. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, To do list said:

Then you would be called a racist anti female by default. 

Funny enough it would be a bunch of skinny jean,man bun wearing 120 lbs white guys doing the screaming and getting their ass kicked...look at Portland :lol:

Eta

Never said i'd hit Maxine,she wouldn't be out on the streets doing the screaming herself lol

Edited by CrimsonKing
  • Haha 2

Just now, CrimsonKing said:

Funny enough it would be a bunch of skinny jean,man bun wearing 120 lbs white guys doing the screaming and getting their ass kicked...look at Portland :lol:

BLM and all that whiteness.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, To do list said:

Just a side thought, when will Hillary finally say she lost fair and square and it wasn't because of Russian influence. 

If you look at the amount of false information posted on this forum that the right believe, it's very easy to see how an entire country can influence a certain part of the population.  I mean...look at the who kraken madness and her military intelligence source.  These things roar for 2 weeks, and then they die out.  You people are so easy to forget the things that you have believed over the past 4 years.

• Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

If you look at the amount of false information posted on this forum that the right believe, it's very easy to see how an entire country can influence a certain part of the population.  I mean...look at the who kraken madness and her military intelligence source.  These things roar for 2 weeks, and then they die out.  You people are so easy to forget the things that you have believed over the past 4 years.

Goes both ways,the false information posted on this forum from the left during the Trump/Russia saga was manic!...that went on for almost 4 years aswell.

This place made Maddow look sane,and that's hard to do!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, razman said:

Pence Welcomes Futile Bid by G.O.P. Lawmakers to Overturn Election (msn.com)  So now pence is in on it . This whole crap is making a mockery out of the election system and America. 

Kinda funny and sad at the same time...

I don't know really what too make of all of it.

• Like 1

Democrats set the precedent. You may not like the source, but it has links to the actual process.

Democrats set precedent for opposing Electoral College vote certification following Bush, Trump victories

Democrats are rebuking Republican lawmakers who plan to oppose the Electoral College certification of Joe Biden's election victory on Jan. 6 over concerns that election fraud tainted the outcome of the presidential contest.

But, as it turns out, Democrats, including some of those launching broadsides against their GOP colleagues, have a history of opposing the Electoral College vote certification.

cont...

https://www.theblaze.com/news/democrats-set-precedent-for-opposing-electoral-college-certification

• Like 2

I think Romney's statement seems spot on.

"The egregious ploy to reject electors may enhance the political ambition of some, but dangerously threatens our Democratic Republic. The congressional power to reject electors is reserved for the most extreme and unusual circumstances. These are far from it. More Americans participated in this election than ever before, and they made their choice. President Trump’s lawyers made their case before scores of courts; in every instance, they failed. The Justice Department found no evidence of irregularity sufficient to overturn the election. The Presidential Voter Fraud Commission disbanded without finding such evidence.

“My fellow Senator Ted Cruz and the co-signers of his statement argue that rejection of electors or an election audit directed by Congress would restore trust in the election. Nonsense. This argument ignores the widely perceived reality that Congress is an overwhelmingly partisan body; the American people wisely place greater trust in the federal courts where judges serve for life. Members of Congress who would substitute their own partisan judgement for that of the courts do not enhance public trust, they imperil it.

“Were Congress to actually reject state electors, partisans would inevitably demand the same any time their candidate had lost. Congress, not voters in the respective states, would choose our presidents.

“Adding to this ill-conceived endeavor by some in Congress is the President’s call for his supporters to come to the Capitol on the day when this matter is to be debated and decided. This has the predictable potential to lead to disruption, and worse.

“I could never have imagined seeing these things in the greatest democracy in the world. Has ambition so eclipsed principle?”

https://www.romney.senate.gov/romney-statement-certification-presidential-election-results

Edited by spartan max2

Yea , absolutely , i mean why even hold an election of the voters if the opposing party can just block it if they don't like it? 

3 minutes ago, razman said:

Yea , absolutely , i mean why even hold an election of the voters if the opposing party can just block it if they don't like it? 

Yeah i was kinda hoping they go the 2016 rout myself...

Have Trump saying "the election was stolen" like Hillary did,setup a special council for Joe and Hunter,and just rattle his cage for 3 1/2 of his 4 year term...

Might still end up that way yet.

• Like 1

Trump has already disputed nearly every election result he was involved in or didn't like. He's a spoiled whiny baby , and his Republican buddies follow right in line like they are his little lapdogs .

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Democrats set the precedent. You may not like the source, but it has links to the actual process.

Democrats set precedent for opposing Electoral College vote certification following Bush, Trump victories

Democrats are rebuking Republican lawmakers who plan to oppose the Electoral College certification of Joe Biden's election victory on Jan. 6 over concerns that election fraud tainted the outcome of the presidential contest.

But, as it turns out, Democrats, including some of those launching broadsides against their GOP colleagues, have a history of opposing the Electoral College vote certification.

cont...

https://www.theblaze.com/news/democrats-set-precedent-for-opposing-electoral-college-certification

Well, you're old enough to remember.  I'm not.  What were you saying about it back then?  Have you changed your tune?

Edited by Agent0range
  • Like 1

Does anyone not realize that if the Vice President picks the election winner that Democracy is dead?  You can go back 4 years, and you won't find anyone on this forum supporting faithless electors.  Or anyone saying it's not over.  It's truly sad that people are championing this.  If this happens, not a single vote matters.  Ever.  Is this what the founding fathers had in mind?  Some of these fake "patriots" need to really think about what they think democracy is.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, razman said:

Trump has already disputed nearly every election result he was involved in or didn't like. He's a spoiled whiny baby , and his Republican buddies follow right in line like they are his little lapdogs .

I'll give ya he's been whiny and maybe a lil vindictive at times...but that could be said about many of our lawmakers.

Just seems to go round and around with our 2 party system...

3 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

Does anyone not realize that if the Vice President picks the election winner that Democracy is dead?  You can go back 4 years, and you won't find anyone on this forum supporting faithless electors.  Or anyone saying it's not over.  It's truly sad that people are championing this.  If this happens, not a single vote matters.  Ever.  Is this what the founding fathers had in mind?  Some of these fake "patriots" need to really think about what they think democracy is.  

Well said.

6 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

I think people are getting whipped up into a frenzy over nothing...i believe Pence will read the cards as they fell.

As i said previously,Trump and Republicans should have just went down the 2016 road.

Eta

There were quite a few here who said Trump and Russia cheated!

Edited by CrimsonKing

Yea  the whole  crap is scam. There should be consequences for this kind of thing. If they do it and can't prove anything , they should all be banned from politics , or heck even arrested. This kind of thing could cause any number of troubles or violence .

If anyone doubts one tiny bit that there weren't many on here saying "Russia helped Trump cheat to win" in effect saying it wasn't a legit win and calls of "he's not my president"

There's over 600 pages of it archived here...that doesn't even count the "side" threads lol

How quickly we forget.

The election isn't over yet. The Senate elections in Georgia are on the 5th. All eyes are on Georgia!  

:D