Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

On January 6, Mike Pence Counts EC Votes

ian hacktorp

On January 6, Mike Pence Counts Electoral Votes.  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Will he accept votes from contested states? Or will he throw them out?

• Pence accepts contested Electoral College votes.
    • Pence rejects Electoral College votes from 7 contested states.

2 hours ago, Peter B said:

Sorry, my apologies if you've already explained this, but what document provides the VP with the power to do this?

Thank you.

Pence has told Trump he can't reject Biden's win. Watch the video.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-pressure-pence-reject-bidens-win-congress-wednesday/story?id=75057551

Edited by susieice
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, susieice said:

yea, but  don't you wish pence would act like a real politician?  say one thing but do complete opposite.   not so much for trump's sake, but for the sake of obstructing democrats . 

1 minute ago, aztek said:

yea, but  don't you wish pence would act like a real politician?  say one thing but do complete opposite.   not so much for trump's sake, but for the sake of obstructing democrats . 

I don't think he will. Trump will attack him viciously when this is over, but I don't think Pence will rock the boat.

• Like 1

Probably or maybe the greatest achievement in his current tenor and next four yrs is his patience.  

Take a deep breath. 

Yes... 

Patience.  

:D

36 minutes ago, President-Elect Acidhead said:

Probably or maybe the greatest achievement in his current tenor and next four yrs is his patience.  

Take a deep breath. 

Yes... 

Patience.  

Brunnhilde is a soprano

Trump the fat lady sings Blank Template - Imgflip

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, President-Elect Acidhead said:

DRAIN THE SWAMP !!!!! 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTfrPCMtFPv5G5VMEzCJsW

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, ian hacktorp said:

You seem to have plenty of time...perhaps you can quote the Article and Section giving the power to someone else to transmit electoral votes in the event the VP declines.

Can you?

Harrumph. You make the claim and leave me to do the research. Are you Thomas Edison reincarnated or something?

Okay, here goes:

Article 1 Section 3: The Vice President of the United States shall be President of the Senate, but shall have no Vote, unless they be equally divided.

A2 S1: [The President] shall hold his Office during the Term of four Years, and, together with the Vice President, chosen for the same Term, be elected…

A2 S1: [The Electors] shall make a List of all the Persons voted for, and of the Number of Votes for each [candidate]; which List they shall sign and certify, and transmit sealed to the Seat of the Government of the United States, directed to the President of the Senate. The President of the Senate shall, in the Presence of the Senate and House of Representatives, open all the Certificates, and the Votes shall then be counted.

12th Amendment: [The Electors] shall make distinct lists of all persons voted for as President, and of all persons voted for as Vice-President, and of the number of votes for each, which lists they shall sign and certify, and transmit sealed to the seat of the government of the United States, directed to the President of the Senate; -- The President of the Senate shall, in the presence of the Senate and House of Representatives, open all the certificates and the votes shall then be counted…

[source: https://constitutioncenter.org/interactive-constitution/full-text]

So…nothing in any of those clauses giving the President of the Senate the right, power or obligation to “refuse to count ballots he considers unlawful”, despite your claim in reply #282.

However, if I’ve missed anything I’m happy for you to point it out.

Edited by Peter B
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, President-Elect Acidhead said:

Take a deep breath. 

Yes... 

Patience.  

Do you mean PatiENCE?

8 minutes ago, Peter B said:

You did, actually...the bit about it being all my claim isn't quite accurate since the same has been asserted by many others, including the current US president.

But I really think at this point that Pence will, in-effect, punt.  I think he's going to move to delay the proceedings until after an "emergency" investigation is conducted.  So maybe if you believe that Pence can be forced to transmit the votes, we'll have a chance to find out.  Perhaps the Dems can bring in a CCP special ops team to apply a little force, eh?

Of course, any deeper investigation is a complete disaster for Biden-Harris and the contested states since they will never survive the scrutiny and will have to de-certify.

If the investigation takes the 10 days that Ted Cruz has asked for, it could be a wild stretch because Trump has been promising some bombshell disclosures.

Be safe out there.

Counting procedures[edit]

Section 4 of the Electoral Count Act (now 3 U.S.C. § 15) provides both detailed procedures and counting rules for specific situations. It significantly expands upon the Twelfth Amendment, which states only that "The President of the Senate shall, in the presence of the Senate and House of Representatives, open all the certificates and the votes shall then be counted."[19]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electoral_Count_Act#Counting_procedures

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ian hacktorp said:

You did, actually...the bit about it being all my claim isn't quite accurate since the same has been asserted by many others, including the current US president.

But I really think at this point that Pence will, in-effect, punt.  I think he's going to move to delay the proceedings until after an "emergency" investigation is conducted.  So maybe if you believe that Pence can be forced to transmit the votes, we'll have a chance to find out.  Perhaps the Dems can bring in a CCP special ops team to apply a little force, eh?

Of course, any deeper investigation is a complete disaster for Biden-Harris and the contested states since they will never survive the scrutiny and will have to de-certify.

If the investigation takes the 10 days that Ted Cruz has asked for, it could be a wild stretch because Trump has been promising some bombshell disclosures.

Be safe out there.

I came across this yesterday.... listened to it late last night so I was a bit tired to take it all in properly and will have to listen to it again today ... but it's about the Election Theft being organized in Rome.... and Obama being at the centre of it and a whistleblower who was involved in the shenanigans coming forward......

give it a whirl if you want to and have time... (it could add to the big picture )

https://vocaroo.com/1e976QE4oDoy

Edited by bee
  • Thanks 1

Dems take Georgia, starshower1.gif.902b93f517f9a0ff8ce9c2c7130b1575.gif

https://www.vox.com/2021/1/6/21534292/senate-2020-results-democrats-win-schumer-biden?ICID=ref_fark

Special thanks to donald trump for your Georgia rally and everything you did to make this day happen :tu:

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, bee said:

I came across this yesterday.... listened to it late last night so I was a bit tired to take it all in properly and will have to listen to it again today ... but it's about the Election Theft being organized in Rome.... and Obama being at the centre of it and a whistleblower who was involved in the shenanigans coming forward......

give it a whirl if you want to and have time... (it could add to the big picture )

https://vocaroo.com/1e976QE4oDoy

Bee if i may offer a bit of helpful criticism that really belongs in the conspiracy theories section where more people can enjoy it, and did you scan that link for malware and viruses one can never be too careful with questionable, shady, shakey sources :tu:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ian hacktorp said:

Fascinating.  I guess Trump forgot to call you for the straight poop.

Tell us...if the President of the Senate refuses to count ballots he considers unlawful, who has the authority to override him?

Hurry...the President awaits your reply.

Lol...

9 hours ago, Peter B said:

Sorry, my apologies if you've already explained this, but what document provides the VP with the power to do this?

Thank you.

8 hours ago, ian hacktorp said:

The Constitution, both in his duties as President of the Senate as well as his personal oath to uphold the legal purpose of the Constitution.

[snip]

7 hours ago, Peter B said:

Sorry to be a pain, but could you quote the Article and Section please.

7 hours ago, ian hacktorp said:

You seem to have plenty of time...perhaps you can quote the Article and Section giving the power to someone else to transmit electoral votes in the event the VP declines.

Can you?

4 hours ago, Peter B said:

Harrumph. You make the claim and leave me to do the research. Are you Thomas Edison reincarnated or something?

Okay, here goes:

[snip quotes of Constitution and 12th Amendment]

[source: https://constitutioncenter.org/interactive-constitution/full-text]

So…nothing in any of those clauses giving the President of the Senate the right, power or obligation to “refuse to count ballots he considers unlawful”, despite your claim in reply #282.

3 hours ago, ian hacktorp said:

[snip]

So all that posturing, and you were fibbing the whole time. There isn't anything in the Constitution giving the VP the power you claimed he had, is there.

And who are these "many others" who claim the same thing as you? Are any of them constitutional lawyers? If so then please provide links to them showing where the VP sources this magical power from. If not then who cares what their opinion is? (Out of interest, are you going to claim the President is a constitutional lawyer? I hope not...)

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Peter B said:

So all that posturing, and you were fibbing the whole time. There isn't anything in the Constitution giving the VP the power you claimed he had, is there.

And who are these "many others" who claim the same thing as you? Are any of them constitutional lawyers? If so then please provide links to them showing where the VP sources this magical power from. If not then who cares what their opinion is? (Out of interest, are you going to claim the President is a constitutional lawyer? I hope not...)

Well, I'm already hearing that Mike Pence will be rejecting and returning the contested states' ballots for curing.

If he doesn't have the power to do this, what do you think is going to happen?

I keep asking you to explain what authority exceeds Pence's, but you apparently can't.

Btw, all of your blather about who is and who isn't a constitutional lawyer has zero bearing on these proceedings, since any legal action over this will take place well after the inauguration.

I hope you're not too shy...or embarrassed...to return here and explain how you managed to get things so wrong.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, bee said:

Thanks for that.  I had heard something about this, so it was good to listen to such a detailed account.

I do think that Barack Obama has some dark days ahead of him.

• Like 1

I can't believe that after last night, the Republicans simply can't see what's happened. The American people voted OUT Trump. They didn't vote IN Biden. The Republicans did well in the house and the Senate. Moderate Republicans and those without affiliation do not like Trump, period. The Republican support of Trump's fantasy has now resulted in Democratic control of the Senate. I am convinced that had these Trump sycophants not supported his post-election fantasy, the Georgian people would have elected Loeffler and Perdue, simply to balance out the power. Instead, the Georgia voters have given the Republican party a giant FU while many Republicans continue to line up to kiss DT's butt. The question is, have they bottomed out yet? Will Trumpism continue to the 2022 mid terms, or will Republican politicians have their eyes, ears, and minds re-opened by then? 

• Like 2

Pence made a stand for honor and intregrity refused to bend knee to trumps unscrupulous demands.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2021/01/06/mike-pence-rejects-trumps-call-to-overturn-biden-election.html