Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Guyver

We Live In Hell

616 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Guyver

So, that thread title may seem misleading.  I’m not saying I have proof that we live in hell. I offer it as a hypothesis.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guyver

So, why would anyone make such a crazy thread?  We live in hell.  Right? It’s like daytime television.  But wait, just take a look at reality.  This is a place of suffering.  It appears we evolved from our ancestors, and are where we are now. Yet, there’s some freaky things that happen in this universe that defy that mentality.  First fact for my hypothesis.

1.  Life is suffering.

2.  Everyone dies.

That is my first fact statement.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guyver

You buy into the dream, only to find it’s a nightmare! Just a thought.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
third_eye
3 minutes ago, Guyver said:

1.  Life is suffering.

2.  Everyone dies.

Not really accurate...

1. Trying to live is suffering, Life is not 

2. One can only die if they had lived

~

Just now, Guyver said:

You buy into the dream, only to find it’s a nightmare! Just a thought.

Dreams are not for sale, nightmares comes and goes... It ends when you wake up awakened... 

~

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guyver

So, what would hell be like?  Well, before anyone wants to run “HotelCalifornia” let me just say.  Hell couldnt be the light me on fire forever version the Bible teaches because a loving God wouldnt do that, so that’s out.

But, a skillful practitioner, could mix in just enough pleasure to get you hooked, then deliver the pain.

Support point.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
third_eye

Mirrors on the ceiling? Can't be, because "you can never leave" from that... 

"THIS" heaven or hell, we can stay and leave without going anywhere... 

~

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guyver

I am entertaining the idea that the Simulation Hypothesis as well as the Holographic Universe idea as well as personal observation and study lead to the possible conclusion that we were born to suffer a penalty, or the random universe just really made it seem that way.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dejarma

@Guyver

Quote

we live in hell

...........is this a fact for you personally?

compare yourself to the vast majority of humans who live in abject poverty on this planet- do you know anything about that?

life is not hell for you mate!!! stop being a silly boy.. fekin stupid thread! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
third_eye
Just now, Guyver said:

I am entertaining the idea that the Simulation Hypothesis as well as the Holographic Universe idea as well as personal observation and study lead to the possible conclusion that we were born to suffer a penalty, or the random universe just really made it seem that way.

No harm with that, if you create then you must sustain it, as the saying goes... "you pick it up, it's in your hands"

You get burned, you better know when to drop it... 

~

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guyver
10 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Not really accurate...

1. Trying to live is suffering, Life is not 

2. One can only die if they had lived

~

Dreams are not for sale, nightmares comes and goes... It ends when you wake up awakened... 

~

Did you just get me on a technicality right there?  Life is not suffering, trying to live is suffering.  Well, how in the bloody hell could you take the two apart?  I don’t think that works.  Trying to live is part of life.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guyver
6 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

@Guyver

...........is this a fact for you personally?

compare yourself to the vast majority of humans who live in abject poverty on this planet- do you know anything about that?

life is not hell for you mate!!! stop being a silly boy.. fekin stupid thread! 

It matters not how lush the prison, my brother Dejarma, to suffer is to suffer.  To be caged is to be caged.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nuclear Wessel

What is the basis of your hypothesis, may I ask?

EDIT: I think it might be a good idea if you edited the first post to append the contents of Post #3. :yes:

Edited by Nuclear Wessel
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guyver
7 minutes ago, third_eye said:

No harm with that, if you create then you must sustain it, as the saying goes... "you pick it up, it's in your hands"

You get burned, you better know when to drop it... 

~

hahahahaha... of course.  Fair enough.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guyver
14 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Mirrors on the ceiling? Can't be, because "you can never leave" from that... 

"THIS" heaven or hell, we can stay and leave without going anywhere... 

~

 

 

Well, that just makes it worse.  I offer this as a support point to my hypothesis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guyver
29 minutes ago, Guyver said:

So, why would anyone make such a crazy thread?  We live in hell.  Right? It’s like daytime television.  But wait, just take a look at reality.  This is a place of suffering.  It appears we evolved from our ancestors, and are where we are now. Yet, there’s some freaky things that happen in this universe that defy that mentality.  First fact for my hypothesis.

1.  Life is suffering.

2.  Everyone dies.

That is my first fact statement.

My second fact statement is this: No one knows what happens next, or if there is anything at all, except for maybe the few people who have experienced it.  That’s kinda hellish.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guyver
12 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

What is the basis of your hypothesis, may I ask?

EDIT: I think it might be a good idea if you edited the first post to append the contents of Post #3. :yes:

Thank you for your helpful criticism.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guyver

Here’s the funny thing.  I saw this really old guy a while ago, he was just trying to walk down the street, he seemed to be having a hard time doing it, but he just had the most amazing smile of contentment on his face, as if his whole life was just one big complete win.  I just don’t get it.  Maybe there is something to enlightenment.  Or he was just mentally retarded.  Wait, that seems wrong.  Nevermind.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guyver

Anyway, we live in Hell support point number three.

Every morning you get up and you have your coffee and biscuits, or your tea and toast, or whatever it is you have, and you read the news.  You then realize that almost all of that news is bad news.....all the time...which makes you realize that reading the news is really depressing.  That hell-ish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guyver

Support point number four - We Live In Hell.

Bad things happen to you and your loved ones all the time and you have no ability to control it.  That is also hellish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CrimsonKing

I believe our life here on earth is what we make of it under our own unique circumstances...

I knew a guy years back who was a bit "off" in the head,didn't have much of anything,no friends...

But anytime you ever saw the guy outside in his yard or out at a store he came across as the happiest SOB you could ever meet!

All i could ever think after seeing or speaking to him was either ignorance truly is bliss,or one mans hell is another mans heaven :lol:

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
59 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Not really accurate...

1. Trying to live is suffering, Life is not 

2. One can only die if they had lived

~

Dreams are not for sale, nightmares comes and goes... It ends when you wake up awakened... 

~

I really like your Buddhist philosophy in your comments here, and I believe you are correct according to what I have been taught as a Buddhist. I know I am not always a good Buddhist, I slip and fall back into my old ways of thought, but I recover and start following the center path I believe in. I will never give up because I truly believe in the Buddhist philosophy, but it will take me many life times to reach the end of the path I started to follow, if I am ever that lucky.

Take Care my friend. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
simplybill
15 minutes ago, Guyver said:

Every morning you get up and you have your coffee and biscuits, or your tea and toast, or whatever it is you have, and you read the news.  You then realize that almost all of that news is bad news.....all the time...which makes you realize that reading the news is really depressing.  That hell-ish.

I think you‘ve already addressed your dilemma:

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."   Aristotle

Read the news, but don’t adopt someone else’s negativity. There are a lot of positive things happening in the world, often right alongside the negative things. As Mr. Rogers said, “Look for the helpers”.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
1 hour ago, Guyver said:

So, what would hell be like?  Well, before anyone wants to run “HotelCalifornia” let me just say.  Hell couldnt be the light me on fire forever version the Bible teaches because a loving God wouldnt do that, so that’s out.

But, a skillful practitioner, could mix in just enough pleasure to get you hooked, then deliver the pain.

Support point.

To me hell is what we make it. We have the choice to make our lives better or worst based upon the way we choose to live. Everything is about our choices, and nothing to do with the biblical hell that is taught by some many religions. To me hell is not being able to control my own thoughts and actions at times, I suffered a TBI while I was in the military, and I suffer from PTSD and at times I can get depressed and need help to come out of it. Thankfully, my wife is there to help me through the bad times, and while they don't control me very often during the time these problems do effect my life I feel like I am in hell. 

This perception can be different for everyone based upon how we view ourselves, but in truth what you really dislike about yourself and your life is a true reflection of hell for you. To me that is the real meaning of hell, and in my opinion this is only experienced while we live, not after we die. I follow Buddhist beliefs and Buddhist philosophy and our lives do not end when we die, death is only a release of our physical body and rebirth is what occurs after death. This process will continue until we reach an enlighten way of life or until we fail to, which will end the chance at rebirth, only time can tell us which way things will go, and again that is according to the choices we each make.

Take care my friend

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
41 minutes ago, Guyver said:

Anyway, we live in Hell support point number three.

Every morning you get up and you have your coffee and biscuits, or your tea and toast, or whatever it is you have, and you read the news.  You then realize that almost all of that news is bad news.....all the time...which makes you realize that reading the news is really depressing.  That hell-ish.

Like I have said it all in your own perception, you can be happy or sad and everything is based upon what and how you look at things and nothing more. We have the ability to make our life good or bad, it is based one thing and that is how we view ourselves, you can't be loving if you hate what your are, your have to love yourself and believe in yourself and then you can share love and comfort with others. It is all up your view of yourself, that is where it starts and where it will end.

Oh and by the way, those who have called you names and who have been insulting in this thread are only exposing their views of themselves and nothing more. None of their comments apply to you, they are just a reflection of their inner selves. 

Take Care. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.