Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

We Live In Hell

Guyver

Just now, Guyver said:

We were literally born and bred to survive.  It’s what we do.  It’s the very nature of existence all the way down to the simplest of organisms.  Cause and effect is true, but selfish, arrogant, and egotistical notions, is a bit of a harsh judgement on a bunch of people who less than a hundred thousand years ago were a bunch of troglodytes, don’t you think?  The only reason you can even understand arrogant, and egotistical notions of grandeur is because we live in a modern world.  You take yourself out in the bush for two weeks and see where those notions come into play compared to survival.  People often forget about this it seems.

And the best way to survive is cooperation.

There is no harsh judgment upon any particular individual, only an explanation of what is.

We are divine beings, caught in a matrix of choice.

Bad/selfish/arrogant choices shall lead one to pain and suffering.

You are in control of those decisions.

If you choose to be!

19 hours ago, Guyver said:

Sorry to interrupt the conversation, but I wanted to post a picture of my music gear.

Kickass.  I see that picture of that artwork you posted earlier on the wall, did you make all those abstract/semi-psychedelic-ish paintings on the walls there?

• Like 3

Well, from that point of view, on a dark note, we get born and after a few years, forced to go to school. And as we grow, another school, mid school, college, university. After that we will all have to find a job and work until we can retire. By the time we retire we better hope to be in good health so we can enjoy maybe 15 years of some kinda freedom. With some luck we will reach the age of 80 and by then we can expect ourselves to die anytime soon now. Looking at our lives from this point of few yes, maybe we do live in hell. 

Edited by thedutchiedutch
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Guyver said:

Sorry to interrupt the conversation, but I wanted to post a picture of my music gear.

B2B70041-293C-42C4-B651-13A6B1FCC311.jpeg

No man!  You da winner!

Like my T-shirt says:  the one with the most guitars wins! Very Impressive!

• Like 4

13 hours ago, thedutchiedutch said:

Well, from that point of view, on a dark note, we get born and after a few years, forced to go to school. And as we grow, another school, mid school, college, university. After that we will all have to find a job and work until we can retire. By the time we retire we better hope to be in good health so we can enjoy maybe 15 years of some kinda freedom. With some luck we will reach the age of 80 and by then we can expect ourselves to die anytime soon now. Looking at our lives from this point of few yes, maybe we do live in hell. 

Yet, school doesn't have to be a negative experience.

In an enlightened society, all education would be uplifting for the soul, helpful to the body, and illuminating for the mind.

And within this same enlightened society, ones work would be of a similar nature - very fulfilling, helpful, valuable etc.

And ones retirement would also be of great value and enjoyment. The old would be valued, respected, and cared for.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Liquid Gardens said:

Kickass.  I see that picture of that artwork you posted earlier on the wall, did you make all those abstract/semi-psychedelic-ish paintings on the walls there?

Yes, and thank you so much for noticing.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Liquid Gardens said:

I only now learned how to post photos here.  The music room was set to “live” mode on my IPad, and that is obviously the wrong setting since everything came out blurry.  I’ll post another art piece I did so hopefully it will be seen with greater detail.  I was inspired by Jackson Pollock some time ago, and while I was still sober and facing one of the most emotionally devastating challenges in my life, I used painting as a type of meditation.  This was before I knew how to play golf lol.

AFA91CD2-DF72-484C-AA56-75853445C6DD.jpeg

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

In an enlightened society, all education would be uplifting for the soul, helpful to the body, and illuminating for the mind.

And within this same enlightened society, ones work would be of a similar nature - very fulfilling, helpful, valuable etc.

And ones retirement would also be of great value and enjoyment. The old would be valued, respected, and cared for.

Fortunately ,(for me)  that is the world  in which  I have lived  for 70 years. 

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Guyver said:

I only now learned how to post photos here.  The music room was set to “live” mode on my IPad, and that is obviously the wrong setting since everything came out blurry.  I’ll post another art piece I did so hopefully it will be seen with greater detail.  I was inspired by Jackson Pollock some time ago, and while I was still sober and facing one of the most emotionally devastating challenges in my life, I used painting as a type of meditation.  This was before I knew how to play golf lol.

AFA91CD2-DF72-484C-AA56-75853445C6DD.jpeg

I nearly commented on your original picture "very Jackson Pollockish" :)  but didn't want you to think i was being critical.

I love the one above. It look like an abstract rendition of an Australian landscape from the air 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mr Walker said:

I nearly commented on your original picture "very Jackson Pollockish" :)  but didn't want you to think i was being critical.

I love the one above. It look like an abstract rendition of an Australian landscape from the air 

Image result for australian longitudinal sand dunes aerial imagesimage.jpeg.1855d1317b08658b1c39d8b29418eba5.jpegImage result for Australian channel country aerial photos

• Like 2

On 2/19/2021 at 6:41 AM, Crazy Horse said:

Well, I said on a dark note. And I agree that school, education, work etc. does not have to be a negative experience. 
I was merely referring to freedom of choice and that in your prime years of your life you are basically being forced to go to school and
after that is done you will have no other choice than to work normally and that by the time you can retire your quality of life, health wise, 
rapidly declines compared with in your younger years and unfortunately a lot of people die by the time they reach retirement, which 
a lot of them looked forward to so much. I have been going to school since the age of 6 until my 18th and have been working since my 14th 
and now close to retirement and I was always lucky I guess. I loved school and all my jobs so far but I know an awful lot of people that 
hate their jobs and they bust their butts off everyday because they have no other choice, for a wage that they can barely live off.
Not even going to mention their retirement income that is going to be barely nothing. Now that to me sounds like hell. 

On 2/23/2021 at 10:50 AM, thedutchiedutch said:

Well, I said on a dark note. And I agree that school, education, work etc. does not have to be a negative experience. 
I was merely referring to freedom of choice and that in your prime years of your life you are basically being forced to go to school and
after that is done you will have no other choice than to work normally and that by the time you can retire your quality of life, health wise, 
rapidly declines compared with in your younger years and unfortunately a lot of people die by the time they reach retirement, which 
a lot of them looked forward to so much. I have been going to school since the age of 6 until my 18th and have been working since my 14th 
and now close to retirement and I was always lucky I guess. I loved school and all my jobs so far but I know an awful lot of people that 
hate their jobs and they bust their butts off everyday because they have no other choice, for a wage that they can barely live off.
Not even going to mention their retirement income that is going to be barely nothing. Now that to me sounds like hell. 

You should come and live in Australia. It is not perfect but it is certainly not hell The benefits are good enough to live off if you dont want too much,  and many people never work more than a few years in their lives  because govt benefits make this possible 

Actually you sound fine.

It is those others who need to come here.

The basic age pension here is enough to live from  comfortably as long as you dont have a big mortgage or high rent .Australia always ranks in the top 10 and often the top 5 countries people want to migrate to and in 2020, achieved the second-best score for physical and mental wellbeing, and the third-best score for quality of life of all countries in the world   

• Like 1

On 2/23/2021 at 12:20 AM, thedutchiedutch said:

Well, the schooling system, as it stands for the majority of children, is pretty abysmal, and unhelpful..

And without a well-rounded education, everyone is in danger of wasting their lives doing ridiculously unhelpful things.

But my original point was, that although this world can seem pretty hellish for folk, it is only the unnatural  systems that have been put in place, and the selfish folk inhabiting those structures that can make living hellish. In fact, within these unnatural systems, good folk can find it difficult to get-on.

So, is it life that is hellish, or is it Mankind's ignorant behaviour that is to blame?

If its the former, then we are all doomed, and if its the latter, then we at least have a chance of changing things for the better!

Starting on the personal level with the implementation of a good education.

• Like 1

On 2/24/2021 at 12:32 AM, Mr Walker said:

You should come and live in Australia. It is not perfect but it is certainly not hell The benefits are good enough to live off if you dont want too much,  and many people never work more than a few years in their lives  because govt benefits make this possible 

Actually you sound fine.

It is those others who need to come here.

The basic age pension here is enough to live from  comfortably as long as you dont have a big mortgage or high rent .Australia always ranks in the top 10 and often the top 5 countries people want to migrate to and in 2020, achieved the second-best score for physical and mental wellbeing, and the third-best score for quality of life of all countries in the world   

That sounds great. Good for you guys. Same for my home country The Netherlands, although lots of my friends over there still complain, but if they would only know how  it is here in Northern America, they really don't know how lucky they are to live in the Netherlands.

• Like 1

On 2/24/2021 at 3:57 AM, Crazy Horse said:

Well, the schooling system, as it stands for the majority of children, is pretty abysmal, and unhelpful..

And without a well-rounded education, everyone is in danger of wasting their lives doing ridiculously unhelpful things.

But my original point was, that although this world can seem pretty hellish for folk, it is only the unnatural  systems that have been put in place, and the selfish folk inhabiting those structures that can make living hellish. In fact, within these unnatural systems, good folk can find it difficult to get-on.

So, is it life that is hellish, or is it Mankind's ignorant behaviour that is to blame?

If its the former, then we are all doomed, and if its the latter, then we at least have a chance of changing things for the better!

Starting on the personal level with the implementation of a good education.

Gotcha. I think it's a mixture of both. Mankind's ignorant behavior and certain systems mankind puts in place combined with the curve balls life throws you sometimes, the ones that are totally out of control of anybody, we think. However, if you think deeply about it, and trace back these curve balls, aren't they not always directly or indirectly caused by mankind ?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, thedutchiedutch said:

Gotcha. I think it's a mixture of both. Mankind's ignorant behavior and certain systems mankind puts in place combined with the curve balls life throws you sometimes, the ones that are totally out of control of anybody, we think. However, if you think deeply about it, and trace back these curve balls, aren't they not always directly or indirectly caused by mankind ?

I believe so yes.

But I also see that how one reacts to these unwelcome surprises, is also within our own sphere of influence and control.

• Like 2