Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dogs Attacking People

Brandy333

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/pack-of-dogs-attack-10-year-old-girl-bite-at-her-face-it-was-crazy/ar-BB1cma8h?ocid=spartan-dhp-feeds

I've read about a disturbing incidence lately where dogs are attacking people, and it seems to be increasing.    There have been several hundred cases I think this year alone in Oklahoma.    The most seem to be from Pit Bulls, German Shepherds, and Rottweilers with other breeds making up the rest.   It's to the point now where you can't trust kids any more because you don't know which ones are carrying a weapon, and now dog attacks seem to be on the rise.  

Edited by Brandy333
  • Sad 2

8 minutes ago, Brandy333 said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/pack-of-dogs-attack-10-year-old-girl-bite-at-her-face-it-was-crazy/ar-BB1cma8h?ocid=spartan-dhp-feeds

I've read about a disturbing incidence lately where dogs are attacking people, and it seems to be increasing.    There have been several hundred cases I think this year alone in Oklahoma.    The most seem to be from Pit Bulls, German Shepherds, and Rottweilers with other breeds making up the rest.   It's to the point now where you can't trust kids any more because you don't know which ones are carrying a weapon, and now dog attacks seem to be on the rise.  

Too many POS owners get dogs they only want when they are cute little puppies,dogs grow older and never being properly trained and cared for,dogs become a nuisance for idiot owner...dogs get dumped and go feral.

I hate to say it,but after the pandemic is over i see a rise of this too come in the near future.

I remember reading a article about 3 months into the pandemic of a sharp rise in people buying puppies to keep them company at home during this mess...sadly many don't realize dog ownership is a long term commitment,not just a short term "rental"...

Many of these "pandemic pups" will wind up in shelters or in wild packs roaming the streets.

• Like 6

53 minutes ago, Brandy333 said:

A pack of 7 dogs!  no one needs 7 dogs in the city.   That person should be banned from even having one dog.  

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

A pack of 7 dogs!  no one needs 7 dogs in the city.   That person should be banned from even having one dog.

Technically, growing up in the city limits, we had sometimes up to sixteen dogs. My mother would take in abandoned dogs and we actually had a better facility than the Humane Society. 

It takes a village.

• Like 2

People have humanised animals way to much dogs have and will attack people and we can not always place the blame on the owner or the victim.  Sometimes dogs just turn.  A childhood friends father was blind and had a guide dog who was very well trained who out of the blue started to get very aggressive, yes a lot of cases are down to poor handling, neglect and bad treatment of the dog but not always.  Quote from Ron Berman canine behavioural expert and forensic dog bite expert "

There is no guarantee with any dog'

And on one point Ron is absolutely clear.

There can never any assurance that a pet dog, no matter how placid or well-trained, is entirely safe.

"There's no guarantee," he said.

"Just about any breed has a history of serious mauling or a fatality.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TashaMarie said:

People have humanised animals way to much dogs have and will attack people and we can not always place the blame on the owner or the victim.  Sometimes dogs just turn.  A childhood friends father was blind and had a guide dog who was very well trained who out of the blue started to get very aggressive, yes a lot of cases are down to poor handling, neglect and bad treatment of the dog but not always.  Quote from Ron Berman canine behavioural expert and forensic dog bite expert "

There is no guarantee with any dog'

And on one point Ron is absolutely clear.

There can never any assurance that a pet dog, no matter how placid or well-trained, is entirely safe.

"There's no guarantee," he said.

"Just about any breed has a history of serious mauling or a fatality.

Same could be argued about humans...

I trust my dogs more than i trust 99% of humans...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, CrimsonKing said:

Same could be argued about humans...

I trust my dogs more than i trust 99% of humans...

I regard dogs just as I do humans they can turn just as easily you never know.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, TashaMarie said:

I take it you're a cat person :lol:

I don't trust any of them haha

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

I take it you're a cat person :lol:

I don't trust any of them haha

I do love cats but I also love dogs. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Basically - not enough discipline and love directed at the dogs and they’re reverting to rough inter-pack play rather than gentle “puppy play”. 

On 1/1/2021 at 11:31 PM, TashaMarie said:

People don't know how to read their dogs, they shouldn't own dogs, simple as that. I've had close to a hundred dogs through my life including packs of pit cross pig dogs and not one has shown any aggression to me.