Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Eldorado

The science of Bigfoot

398 posts in this topic

Eldorado

Whether you refer to him as Big Foot or Sasquatch, the question remains. Is he, or could he be real?

6mins:

• Like 4

Guyver

Not a bad brief overview.  I recommend “Sasquatch The Legend Meets Science” for another perspective.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

the13bats
1 hour ago, Guyver said:

Not a bad brief overview.  I recommend “Sasquatch The Legend Meets Science” for another perspective.

laughing6(2).gif.eef7f535a6a700aecb9701e4c125fefd.gif

I found it so side splitting hilarious when they are talking about the patterson film, one guy says ,just a man in a suit, then meldrum goes into a soliloquy fashion how the film shows anything but...just a man in a suit, he drones on for a few minutes trying to bumble around why he thinks the way he does then the next guys turn to speak while holding back cracking up he looks right at meldrum and says this film just screams of a man in a suit, others agree and meldrum stares the most flesh melting stink eye i believe ive ever seen.

Anyhoo, no bigfoot only exists in the minds of the believers, im wrong? Prove it :tu:

• Like 1

Guyver
9 minutes ago, the13bats said:

I found it so side splitting hilarious when they are talking about the patterson film, one guy says ,just a man in a suit, then meldrum goes into a soliloquy fashion how the film shows anything but...just a man in a suit, he drones on for a few minutes trying to bumble around why he thinks the way he does then the next guys turn to speak while holding back cracking up he looks right at meldrum and says this film just screams of a man in a suit, others agree and meldrum stares the most flesh melting stink eye i believe ive ever seen.

Anyhoo, no bigfoot only exists in the minds of the believers, im wrong? Prove it :tu:

So, I’m not on your ignore list anymore?  I got out of pergutory?  Someone light a candle for me?

• Haha 4

Guyver
10 minutes ago, the13bats said:

I found it so side splitting hilarious 

Glad to see you’re having so much fun.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

the13bats
3 hours ago, Guyver said:

Glad to see you’re having so much fun.

I admit i did,  meldrum is one of those who thinks hes never wrong yet wrong a lot, one cant be an expert on an unproven creature, its would be like donny saying unicorns eat pixie dust made by mermaids,

• Like 1

To do list
9 hours ago, Eldorado said:

Whether you refer to him as Big Foot or Sasquatch, the question remains. Is he, or could he be real?

6mins:

Thought that one was believed to be female?

To do list
5 hours ago, the13bats said:

Having a closed mind to something plausible is a constant in your world. People in your world said prehistoric long dead marine fish couldn't be alive today, but they are. And those people in your world are scientists scholars of pre history. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Trelane
43 minutes ago, To do list said:

Having a closed mind to something plausible is a constant in your world. People in your world said prehistoric long dead marine fish couldn't be alive today, but they are. And those people in your world are scientists scholars of pre history. 

Nonsense, there were no ongoing debates about that fish existing. No one ever said anything about the coelacanth really. That's the thing, some guys caught it by accident and after investigation it was identified to be animal thought long extinct. After further investigation they were able to establish habitat, diet, breeding population average lifespan, etc.

People (myself included) have been looking for the sasquatch creature for decades with nothing to show for it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

To do list
1 minute ago, Trelane said:

Nonsense, there were no ongoing debates about that fish existing. No one ever said anything about the coelacanth really. That's the thing, some guys caught it by accident and after investigation it was identified to be animal thought long extinct. After further investigation they were able to establish habitat, diet, breeding population average lifespan, etc.

People (myself included) have been looking for the sasquatch creature for decades with nothing to show for it.

Lucks all you need sometimes. 

• Confused 1

Trelane
Posted (edited)

Luck has nothing to do with finding a creature that does not exist.

Edited by Trelane
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

the13bats
49 minutes ago, To do list said:

There is no need to jump right at trollish pokes im not close minded i would be delighted if bigfoot was proven to exist but bigfoot existing isnt at all plausible, there you go again making wrong claims what " people in my world say"

I assume your vauge try at another lame poke with your " prehistoric long dead marine fish"  ( are you in grade school? ) couldnt be alive today is weak because the "coelacanth" which you might be thinking of was well known from fossil records but considered extinct, .

It was around dec '38 one was presented by fishermen of South Africa who would from time to would catch these coelacanth fish and had no idea scientists would care. scientists were thrilled to discover a living coelacanth so you failed epic there

You cant compare creatures who are known from the fossil record to the alleged bigfoot.

The alleged bigfoot has zero fossil record, it has no living specimens all bigfoot has is stories, which are not evidence, a person can be sincere and wrong, or mistaken or hoaxed or they might be mentally ill hallucinating or even just knowingly making up BS, no, stories do not prove bigfoot or even make it plausible,

Next we have footprints which are evidence only that a track was made, was it faked? If a real creature made the track then we need the foot that made that track that is evidence,

In the last 10 to 20 years interest in bigfoot gained attention and some jumped on that bandwagon and money was made but with all the shows out hunting bigfoot all have come up empty handed, they offer nothing, do you have a dead or alive bigfoot? No, of course you do not.

You show your ignorance on the subject by making a post like you just did but keep trying and if proof of bigfoot is ever presented i will be delighted.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

To do list
2 minutes ago, the13bats said:

There is no need to jump right at trollish pokes im not close minded i would be delighted if bigfoot was proven to exist but bigfoot existing isnt at all plausible, there you go again making wrong claims what " people in my world say"

I assume your vauge try at another lame poke with your " prehistoric long dead marine fish"  ( are you in grade school? ) couldnt be alive today is weak because the "coelacanth" which you might be thinking of was well known from fossil records but considered extinct, .

It was around dec '38 one was presented by fishermen of South Africa who would from time to would catch these coelacanth fish and had no idea scientists would care. scientists were thrilled to discover a living coelacanth so you failed epic there

You cant compare creatures who are known from the fossil record to the alleged bigfoot.

The alleged bigfoot has zero fossil record, it has no living specimens all bigfoot has is stories, which are not evidence, a person can be sincere and wrong, or mistaken or hoaxed or they might be mentally ill hallucinating or even just knowingly making up BS, no, stories do not prove bigfoot or even make it plausible,

Next we have footprints which are evidence only that a track was made, was it faked? If a real creature made the track then we need the foot that made that track that is evidence,

In the last 10 to 20 years interest in bigfoot gained attention and some jumped on that bandwagon and money was made but with all the shows out hunting bigfoot all have come up empty handed, they offer nothing, do you have a dead or alive bigfoot? No, of course you do not.

You show your ignorance on the subject by making a post like you just did but keep trying and if proof of bigfoot is ever presented i will be delighted.

Missing link, not you big foot.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

the13bats
2 minutes ago, To do list said:

Missing link, not you big foot.

I havent a clue what you just tried to babble, there is no "missing link" go back to research before posting and making yourself look bad.

• Like 2

To do list
8 minutes ago, Trelane said:

Luck has nothing to do with finding a creature that does not exist.

Funnier things have happened, new species are discovered daily all over the planet, most probably by luck. Even the corona vaccine happened accidentally but I digress - but its applicable to this discussion. 

Dejarma
12 hours ago, Eldorado said:

no

• Like 2

Dejarma
2 hours ago, To do list said:

People in your world said prehistoric long dead marine fish couldn't be alive today, but they are.

yes, because they really exist..Even with limited tech back in the18 hundreds, a German found the gorilla..Why? Because they really exist
Americans today who believe bigfoot exists still can't prove it in their own backyard.. Why? Because it does not exist.. Simple basic logic- well, to me it is but what do I know

• Like 2

To do list
5 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

yes, because they really exist..Even with limited tech back in the18 hundreds, a German found the gorilla..Why? Because they really exist
Americans today who believe bigfoot exists still can't prove it in their own backyard.. Why? Because it does not exist.. Simple basic logic- well, to me it is but what do I know

Until someone does like the German gorilla guy. Look at how many new species of life exist today that we never knew of yesterday. 

Dejarma
Just now, To do list said:

Until someone does like the German gorilla guy. Look at how many new species of life exist today that we never knew of yesterday. 

& how were these new species discovered? give us an example

To do list
1 minute ago, Dejarma said:

& how were these new species discovered? give us an example

By going out into jungles down into ocean depths looking at life, and then occasionally luck drops a coin in your hat.

Dejarma
Just now, To do list said:

By going out into jungles down into ocean depths looking at life, and then occasionally luck drops a coin in your hat.

you didn't answer the question= give me an example

To do list
6 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

you didn't answer the question= give me an example

I don't need to, everyone knows of new discoveries every year new plant and animals are discovered, Google greenearth discoveries. 

Resume
8 minutes ago, To do list said:

Funny how that coin hasn't dropped into the hat of the millions upon millions who have explored, exploited and settled the North American continent.

• Like 1

To do list
4 minutes ago, Resume said:

Funny how that coin hasn't dropped into the hat of the millions upon millions who have explored, exploited and settled the North American continent.

Not yet.