Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Image of God

Will Due

1 minute ago, zep73 said:

Time is what separates events, so we don't have WW2 and the corona-pandemic all at once.

What more there is, is a matter of perception for each individual. Learning can be a waste of time if you miss the point of the lesson.

You're right. You have to learn to recognize the truth. After that, its all downhill from there.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OverSword said:

What comes to my mind is my schizophrenic uncle.  There were times when, through absolutely no fault of his own, he was incapable of perceiving the world as most of us do.

Or perhaps he was seeing it better than you, and you weren't ready to see it. Notice I said perhaps, please.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

You're right. You have to learn to recognize the truth. After that, its all downhill from there.

• Haha 4

The only perfect word in any language is "LIES"

It is not what humans should aspire for... 

~

5 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

• Like 3

Sorry Zep. I wont be able to reply for a while. My tablets about to run out of juice, and I refuse to use my phone to type because I have fingers the size of smokie sausages. Not fun at all. 

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, zep73 said:

That was beautiful. Thank you for this gift.

• Like 2

Religious god types are a lot like politicians far to many floating about. With similar blind followers.

1 hour ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

So you don't know if Jesus proved that we can be perfect, or not.

I'm absolutely certain that even while having been born imperfect like we all are, Jesus proved that all mere mortals are more than adequately capable in this short lifetime, of satisfying everything necessary in becoming perfected.

He in my opinion, accomplished the purpose of imperfection by perfecting himself in everything he did simply by being unqualifiedly dedicated to the doing of the Father's will.

So yes he proved it and eventhough it's a long shot, so can we. 

Edited by Will Do

1 minute ago, Will Do said:

So yes he proved it and eventhough it's a long shot, so can we. 

You keep saying that he proved it but you're not elaborating on the means by which he proved perfection; i.e. how.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

"books"

Books read, written and burned on bonfires as lies... 

~

• Like 1

Just now, Nuclear Wessel said:

You keep saying that he proved it but you're not elaborating on the means by which he proved perfection; i.e. how.

If we can take it as a given that Jesus did humanly perfect himself which in and of itself is the proof, as far as I can tell, the means of how Jesus did it is nothing less, nothing more, than unqualifiedly (totally) dedicating one's free will painstakingly to the doing of (what is percieved as best as possible) God's will.

I'm not sure how else to describe it.

Just now, Will Do said:

If we can take it as a given that Jesus did humanly perfect himself which in and of itself is the proof, as far as I can tell, the means of how Jesus did it is nothing less, nothing more, than unqualifiedly (totally) dedicating one's free will painstakingly to the doing of (what is percieved as best as possible) God's will.

I'm not sure how else to describe it.

So you don't know if he did or not.

OK.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

So you don't know if he did or not.

OK.

I'm not allowed to say I know. :lol:

But I'm not sure how a person can NOT know. I mean it's Christmas.for heaven's sake!

Didn't you see the Star of Bethlehem the other night? :D

Edited by Will Do

Thor was once challenged by a Jötunn to drink a cup of mead. He laughed at the challenge, and said: I can do this with no trouble, you fool.
Thor then drank. He drank and he drank and he drank, but the cup kept being full.
He finally yielded and the Jötunn laughed and said to him: The cup is not a cup, but the world. And the mead is not mead, but all the oceans.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, zep73 said:

Thor was once challenged by a Jötunn to drink a cup of mead. He laughed at the challenge, and said: I can do this with no trouble, you fool.
Thor then drank. He drank and he drank and he drank, but the cup kept being full.
He finally yielded and the Jötunn laughed and said to him: The cup is not a cup, but the world. And the mead is not mead, but all the oceans.

Just another story though.

Just now, To do list said:

Just another story though.

Yeah. Fits the thread.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, zep73 said:

Yeah. Fits the thread.

The thread is about what it is, a person will become. Depending on what is sought.

Edited by Will Do

1 minute ago, Will Do said:

The thread is about what it is, a person will become. Depending on what is sought.

The thread is about having ideals about things that are not. Except in your own mind.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, zep73 said:

The thread is about having ideals about things that are not. Except in your own mind.

The zen version goes... 

You don't save a drowning man (yourself) by trying to swallow the ocean... 

~

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Will Do said:

My happiness comes from my life, nothing to do with a story that sadly fills peoples heads with rubbish. Some call it brainwashing. Churches are good at that and any other school of a religion.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, zep73 said:

Sorry I just fail to see any kind of perfection in God. He made an imperfect world and a totally screwed up humanity. That tells a lot about him.

If he had existed...

I look at it this way , we are made in his image and he/ she / it , is a creator , and then so are we , and we create this world in real time. God (source , spirit , or whatever one calls it), just gave us the ability to do it. 

Edited by razman
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, To do list said:

My happiness comes from my life, nothing to do with a story that sadly fills peoples heads with rubbish. Some call it brainwashing. Churches are good at that and any other school of a religion.

yep.. i can imagine in X amount of years children being told the ins & outs of religion in history lessons slapping their heads saying: 'really Miss:wacko:"???

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dejarma said:

yep.. i can imagine in X amount of years children being told the ins & outs of religion in history lessons slapping their heads saying: 'really Miss:wacko:"???

Another section of life that pushes a narrative not necessarily true.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, To do list said:

Another section of life that pushes a narrative not necessarily true.

You are so right, yet so very wrong at the same time. Try religion without the religion. See through all the tripe thats in the bible for what it is. All the garbage that is organized religious. But, there are truths in it too. You just have to be ready to recognize them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• The topic was locked