Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Will Do

The Image of God

162 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Sherapy
7 hours ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

The fact that he addresses some mental illnesses as "lesser" when compared to others just speaks to how resoundingly unqualified he truly is on such matters. It is incredibly unprofessional for an alleged counsellor to make such claims.

I can't believe he actually referred to PTSD as "lesser" than anxiety and depression. Perhaps he needs a crash course to see just how debilitating this disorder truly is. My mother has suffered terribly for many years because of a sexual assault. Tell her that her ****ing PTSD is "lesser" than anxiety and depression. Tell that soldier who killed himself because of recurring flashbacks and grotesque nightmares from war that their disorder is "lesser" than anxiety and depression.

I don’t like this either it is probably just best if we report. It is just wrong he is not a Psychiatrist.
 

  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Mr Walker
24 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

It's actually against the forum rules to do so.

And i am not  This is sherapy's dislike of me personally, affecting her judgement 

I will let unbiased readers  decide just what i have said 

My source was a govt health site Everything i said was the recommendation of professionals, and i  explicitly said tha t anyone suffering any mental health problem should seek medical advice and act on it 

None of tha t breaks the forum rules 

Indeed i quoted a longer piece than usual, just to show it is not MY advice, but govt recommendations  

What you are suggesting is tha t no one here can give anyone, information or  sources,  to help them  with any medical problem  

As is often the case here, some people are letting personal and emotional dislikes and prejudices influence their  responses 

 

Edited by Mr Walker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Walker
4 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

I don’t like this either it is probably just best if we report. It is just wrong he is not a Psychiatrist.
 

Dont worry I have reported  Wessels post for his comments about me I am increasingly impatient with a lot of this personal commentary, which is uninformed and prejudiced 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hammerclaw
2 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

 

People need to  be as informed /aware of it as possible, and treat it just like a physical illness, with professional help ASAP 

This is the only good advice to give anonymous strangers on the internet, Mr. Walker. Even a trained Psychiatrist would not try to advise someone they did not know and whose illness they had not professionally evaluated in person. I'm afraid your geography experience in no way makes you a doctor of any kind. So, knock it off. Mods will close threads when they're made aware someone is doing it.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nuclear Wessel
1 minute ago, Mr Walker said:

Rad the sources i gave from  professional organizations 

Lesser or less serious are terms used by them 

The gradations are based on how much an illness affects a person's functionality and abilty to live life, including the risk of self  harm or harm to others 

This is the wording of the Victorian govt site for Better Health 

Medications are mainly helpful for people who are more seriously affected by mental illness.

 

They didn't specifically say that PTSD/phobias was "lesser" or "less serious". Not at all.

What I can find is exactly in the bold/underlined, but that doesn't equate to the inherent disorder being more severe.

Quit trying to twist words to fit your narrative. It is not working with me.

Quote

I did not say PTSD is lesser (although you could read the paragraph tha t way. I correctly said that things treatable byCBT include the lesser illnsses of anxiety and nonclinical depression   AND PTSD and phobias.

You plainly said the following:

Quote

Anxiety depression and LESSER mental illnesses can be treated, and often cured, with CBT, or other psychological methods. That includes PTSD and phobias 

Or did your short term "eidetic" memory fail you once again?

Quote

Dont take my word for it.

I don't. At all.

Quote

Doas much research as you need to,   but don't accuse me of getting this wrong.

You did get it wrong.

Quote

I may not be a psychologist. but i have a damn sight more knowledge and experience in this area than you, or most other posters, do 

Myself nor any other user here has any reason to believe that claim of yours besides of your alleged qualifications.

Quote

But PLEASE dont mislead others just so you can argue with me .

I'm not misleading anybody. I am merely pointing out exactly what you said. I know that you like to play these petty little word games, but it won't work with me, bucko.

Quote

This is an incredibly significant problem, and a growing one.

It is. We have no reason to suspect that you're qualified in addressing it in the manner that you have, though.

Quote

I did not say PTSD is lesser (although you could read the paragraph tha t way. I correctly said that things treatable byCBT include the lesser illnsses of anxiety and nonclinical depression   AND PTSD and phobias.   

"Anxiety depression and LESSER mental illnesses can be treated, and often cured, with CBT, or other psychological methods. That includes PTSD and phobias" 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Walker
Just now, Hammerclaw said:

This is the only good advice to give anonymous strangers on the internet, Mr. Walker. Even a trained Psychiatrist would not try to advise someone they did not know and whose illness they had not professionally evaluated in person. I'm afraid your geography experience in no way makes you a doctor of any kind. So, knock it off. Mods will close threads when they're made aware someone is doing it.

I don't accept his 

It is what every agency in Australia is urging peole to do  Be informed, aware and  treat it like a physical illness, seeking help asap

There used to be a stigma attached to discussion of mental illness and that stigma caused many  avoidable  deaths.

Now we are fighting to have tha t stigma removed and the issue publicly discussed, with awareness raising and education 

Ive spent most of my life  in this area  both professionally and personally  

And if asked ican prove my qualifications and experience 

However i am NOT giving specific medical advice I am giving sources and quotes offering professional advice, and urging those  in need to seek it out .

And the mods might also close threads where posters are slandered and vilified, because tha t is against the rules as well 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Walker
2 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

They didn't specifically say that PTSD/phobias was "lesser" or "less serious". Not at all.

What I can find is exactly in the bold/underlined, but that doesn't equate to the inherent disorder being more severe.

Quit trying to twist words to fit your narrative. It is not working with me.

You plainly said the following:

Or did your short term "eidetic" memory fail you once again?

I don't. At all.

You did get it wrong.

Myself nor any other user here has any reason to believe that claim of yours besides of your alleged qualifications.

I'm not misleading anybody. I am merely pointing out exactly what you said. I know that you like to play these petty little word games, but it won't work with me, bucko.

It is. We have no reason to suspect that you're qualified in addressing it in the manner that you have, though.

"Anxiety depression and LESSER mental illnesses can be treated, and often cured, with CBT, or other psychological methods. That includes PTSD and phobias" 

"That" in the sentence refers to a number of illnesses which can be treated by CBT 

INCLUDING PTSD (and also lesser illnesses and also anxiety, and depression in  many cases,   where lesser is judged by the impact on a person's functionality )

PTSD IS treated with CBT making the sentence correct  Ie phobias and PTSD can be treated and often cured with CBT or other psychological methods 

Thats all i have to say  except that i understand and empathise with your personal experiences     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hammerclaw
4 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

I don't accept his 

It is what every agency in Australia is urging peole to do  Be informed, aware and  treat it like a physical illness, seeking help asap

There used to be a stigma attached to discussion of mental illness and that stigma caused many  avoidable  deaths.

Now we are fighting to have tha t stigma removed and the issue publicly discussed, with awareness raising and education 

Ive spent most of my life  in this area  both professionally and personally  

And if asked ican prove my qualifications and experience 

However i am NOT giving specific medical advice I am giving sources and quotes offering professional advice, and urging those  in need to seek it out .

And the mods might also close threads where posters are slandered and vilified, because tha t is against the rules as well 

Well, then report them, because you sure as hell are being reported. 

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nuclear Wessel
2 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

"That" in the sentence refers to a number of illnesses which can be treated by CBT 

INCLUDING PTSD (and also lesser illnesses and also anxiety, and depression in  many cases,   where lesser is judged by the impact on a person's functionality )

PTSD IS treated with CBT making the sentence correct  Ie phobias and PTSD can be treated and often cured with CBT or other psychological methods 

Thats all i have to say  except that i understand and empathise with your personal experiences     

Your word games aren't working. Sorry, bud.

Out of my hands now, though. The mods will deal with it.

Edited by Nuclear Wessel
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Walker
2 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Your word games aren't working. Sorry, bud.

Out of my hands now, though. The mods will deal with it.

and with my report as well.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crazy Horse
9 hours ago, larryp said:

 

How can you fix a chemical imbalance with psychology? It may help, but not fix. Now, who's reasoning is faulty! 

Physical disorders are physical, chemical disorders are chemical, and mental disorders are mental. 

Do you think that PTSD, or severe depression or schizophrenia can be fixed with a magnesium tablet and some ginseng?

If only that were true..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Saru

This discussion, in addition to being inappropriate, has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the OP.

Closed.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.