Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UK EU divorce final

zep73

52 minutes ago, TashaMarie said:

I didnt think there was that many people in England who wanted to leave the EU I was very wrong. 

Scotland and NI overwhelmingly voted to stay. Wales was a slight win for leave.

England was overwhelmingly leave except for London. London voted to stay, but its where most the intellectual immigrants are and they are pro-EU. The rest of England wasn`t impressed at the EU because they saw no benefit from it. It was London with its financial and banking services that did well out of it with little benefit for the careers and income of everyone else.

Edited by Cookie Monster
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, seanjo said:

Watching channels like the BBC and Sky will give you that impression.

A part from a handful of old school friends noone I know wanted it.  So not just going off the news.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, TashaMarie said:

A part from a handful of old school friends noone I know wanted it.  So not just going off the news.

Well, unlike remainers, leavers didn't shout it from the rooftops. As I say, 'the silent majority' The people that use the democratic process rather than protests and riots.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, seanjo said:

Depends on the circles you walk in as well, I frequent a local village pub where all sorts mix including Knights and sometimes a Lord, mostly the middle class were for the EU, but significantly the tradesmen and workers were almost to a man/woman for leaving. I've had a good few debates with those for the EU.

That's because being in the EU was way more beneficial for middle class types than it was for working class types.

Middle class remainers taking full advantage of freedom of movement to access their french holiday homes, employ low paid foreign nannies etc, whilst working class people being passed over for low paid jobs by imported eastern european cheap labour.

Remember when Keith Vaz did his stunt at Luton airport on the day when Romanian immigrants were allowed to enter the country, in an effort to demonstrate "where is the flood of immigrants we've all been worried about?"  Now flash forward to present day and we have a Romainian population of roughly half a million, or the equivalent a city the size of Bristol.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Well, unlike remainers, leavers didn't shout it from the rooftops. As I say, 'the silent majority' The people that use the democratic process rather than protests and riots.

Leavers did shout about it.  My comments on all social media were from leavers not remainers.  

3 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

:lol: Yes, yes, only you, exceptionally you, no red tapes at all, the EU is eagerly awaiting all those goods you can prove were not made in China. I've got some bad news for you about the ****ing fish too, but let your own fishermen tell you what Johnson's victory consists of :lol: 

Brexit was based on the premises that you're so much smarter than anyone else you can always manipulate them and that the EU economy directly depends on you. Both are false.   

Not only the agreement shows you are unsurprisingly not able to manipulate the EU, but now you'll learn that you can't manipulate China either, or re-Americanized USA, though that Trumpistan was useless for you too.    

But, like I said elsewhere, the fact that Brexit was a horrible mistake doesn't make me happy. You're not enemies, you were not supposed to be competition either. This is why that caricature will never be outdated. It shows what Brexit was. 

Helen, We've got a deal better than anyone else has ever negotiated with the EU in the last 40 years. The UK has left the EU and at the same secured free trade, zero tariffs zero quota. and equally we are able to conduct and sign our own trade agreements with others around the world. in 2020 43% of UK trade was with the EU down from 54% in 2002. during that time 12 members have joined. 

On fishing, we are an independent coastal state as recognised by the EU. we've agreed to phase out EU fishing vessels from our waters over 5 1/2 years. from today No new EU fishing vessels can fish in our waters. in 2026 the UK can ban all EU fishing vessels from British waters. by which time the UK will have built up our own domestic fishing fleet to take advantage. (there is a caveat, that if we do ban EU vessels after 2026 - the EU can impose a 27% tariff on UK fish exported to the EU) But by 2026 we'll have this covered as 30% of fish caught in British waters and landed in the EU is then exported to the far east namely Japan. The UK as secured a FTA with Japan, in 2026 we'll be in a position to export those fish directly to the far east ourselves having been caught by British vessels and landed in British ports. 

from today 2021 the EU is allocated a 47.03% share, the UK 52.97.  15% of the EU's share of the fishing quota has returned to the UK. then a further 2.5% each year. = 25% or 62.97 returned by 2026. when the UK can ban all EU vessels - possibly making it 100% returned. but that's our sovereign right to make that decision. 

So we've gone from 37.97% of the quota in our own waters to 52.97 from today. and increasing each year.

Fishing makes up 0.02% of our economy, its clear we have bigger fish to fry. 

The Norwegians are not happy with the deal, Norwegian politicians complain that the UK deal is better than the Norwegian deal her country has as a member of the European Economic Area (EEA). “The UK has now reached an agreement that gives them more freedom and more independence” she tells Klassekampen, Norway’s answer to the Guardian, “the British have a better agreement than the EEA. They get access to the internal market and the common trade that is desirable, but they do not have to be part of a dynamic regulatory development that places strong ties on the individual countries’ national policies. …The most difficult thing for Norway is that we are bound in areas that are national policy, and that it happens in more and more areas. The British have now taken back this authority, and it is extremely interesting”.

of the 63 trade deals the UK as negotiated by far the best one is with the EU. instant free trade, zero quotas, zero tariffs, and still access to all the scientific research and & Space programmes. 

Switzerland arent in the EU, nor Norway or Greenland. they've done alright, and the UK in comparison is a global trading nation, 5th largest economy in the world we are having our cake and eating it. massive massive boost to the UK economy. the UK will rise and ride on each economic wave unlike being tied to the EU quayside. where we only rise and fall when the economy tide comes in and out. 

tenor.gif?itemid=5611287

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TashaMarie said:

Leavers did shout about it.  My comments on all social media were from leavers not remainers.  

But it wasn't leavers that did their utmost to overturn the democratic process. If remainers actually believed in a democracy, what happened at 11.00pm last night should have happened 4 years ago. But it didn't because we've had to put up with a sustained attack by people who believe they are right and everybody else is wrong, in other words, elitists, the liberal left. The working class left also voted to leave, hence the swing to Boris at the last election.

But you're right, leavers did eventually shout about it, primarily when they started to watch the elites try and overturn what was a democratic vote.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

Helen, We've got a deal better than anyone else has ever negotiated with the EU in the last 40 years.

You have to negotiate new deals with the EU, as outsiders. There's zero reason why you would be given better terms now. As the outlines from the Agreement show, you've agreed to keep following all the EU regulations, while successfully taking your say in creating them away from you. 

All the lies that say otherwise, are, logically and evidently, lies. 

Fishing makes up 0.02% of our economy, its clear we have bigger fish to fry. 

Yet you thought it can be used as an extortion tool against the EU. 

The Norwegians are not happy with the deal, Norwegian politicians complain that the UK deal is better than the Norwegian deal her country has as a member of the European Economic Area (EEA). 

Firstly, a Norwegian politician from a party that is Eurosceptic. Not Norwegians generally, as you fraudulently claim. 

Secondly, an Eurosceptic party is trying to paint Brexit as a success? What a surprise. Aren't you happy, by the way, that you're so popular among the left? 

Now, the EU regulations you have to follow if you want to do business in the EU market, but they do not apply to your own country anymore, that's absolutely true. But it's something only an idiot would look forward to, because contrary to what tabloids told you, the EU regulations are not there to spite you with taking away bendy bananas or whatever from you, there are there to protect you from crappy goods and extortionist services. 

Edited by Helen of Annoy
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, stevewinn said:

Do not be bitter, - you sound like the jilted one in the relationship, who knows the other will go on to bigger and better things. while your stuck in a rut.

Thankfully Denmark like the UK seen sense in rejecting the euro and kept your own currency. which highlights the Danes are NOT all in when it comes to the EU project. not the good little European as you think are you.

Why would I be bitter? I pity it. The EU is based on being stronger together, and hassle free trading. It's a shame we can't have that close bond any longer.
The only reason we rejected the EURO was that it came too early. Had they asked us 20 years later, I'm quite sure we would have said yes.

3 hours ago, TashaMarie said:

I didnt think there was that many people in England who wanted to leave the EU I was very wrong. 

You and me both.

18 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

You have to negotiate new deals with the EU, as outsiders. There's zero reason why you would be given better terms now. As the outlines from the Agreement show, you've agreed to keep following all the EU regulations, while successfully taking your say in creating them away from you. 

All the lies that say otherwise, are, logically and evidently, lies. 

Yet you thought it can be used as an extortion tool against the EU. 

Firstly, a Norwegian politician from a party that is Eurosceptic. Not Norwegians generally, as you fraudulently claim. 

Secondly, an Eurosceptic party is trying to paint Brexit as a success? What a surprise. Aren't you happy, by the way, that you're so popular among the left? 

Now, the EU regulations you have to follow if you want to do business in the EU market, but they do not apply to your own country anymore, that's absolutely true. But it's something only an idiot would look forward to, because contrary to what tabloids told you, the EU regulations are not there to spite you with taking away bendy bananas or whatever from you, there are there to protect you from crappy goods and extortionist services. 

Helen were on better terms, zero tariffs, zero quotas and no longer part of EU institutions.

21 minutes ago, zep73 said:

You and me both.

the lesson is - you need to reconsider your sources which helped you form an opinion. which turned out wrong.

there was 4 elections where the message from the British people was clear. listen to the people and not MSM.

Edited by stevewinn
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

the lesson is - you need to reconsider your sources which are helped you form an opinion. which turned out wrong.

there was 4 elections where the message from the British people was clear. listen to the people and not MSM.

And worth reiterating that the MSM are also part of the liberal elite that did eveything in their power to overturn the democratic process.

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

Helen were on better terms, zero tariffs, zero quotas and no longer part of EU institutions.

Glorious. Now you only have to find someone to saw your other hand off. The EU won't do that for you, it's against European principles. 

5 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

And worth reiterating that the MSM are also part of the liberal elite that did eveything in their power to overturn the democratic process.

a strange thing is happening. as was highlighted last night why is the pro-eu guardian now running stories criticising the EU. 

This is because the EU in a time of crisis chose to demonstrate 'one europe' by backing the French vaccine which as been put back till April.

The question i'd ask why did member countries not order their own supplies?

image.png.21e465d051ead1091ad8b5ba4f720d45.png

image.png.dc9b3459aef4987d1349da676b4ba1e4.png

image.png.5d6d419a540c855a139d89a002e816fb.png

3 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Glorious. Now you only have to find someone to saw your other hand off. The EU won't do that for you, it's against European principles. 

out dated Helen, your still in no deal mode. the UK left with a deal. a very good deal. ie. arm's n' legs still intact. - you still cant believe the EU have given us such a good deal.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

a strange thing is happening. as was highlighted last night why is the pro-eu guardian now running stories criticising the EU. 

This is because the EU in a time of crisis chose to demonstrate 'one europe' by backing the French vaccine which as been put back till April.

The question i'd ask why did member countries not order their own supplies?

image.png.21e465d051ead1091ad8b5ba4f720d45.png

image.png.dc9b3459aef4987d1349da676b4ba1e4.png

image.png.5d6d419a540c855a139d89a002e816fb.png

Yes, also saw this in the Guardian too. (Perhaps they've stopped taking drugs)

Is the UK about to have liftoff in the global space industry?

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2020/dec/31/is-the-uk-about-to-have-liftoff-in-the-global-space-industry

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Dreamer screamer said:

Yes! pure Evil!!  worse than Nazism.  Communism killed more than Nazism.   

So you don’t know what communism is 

Just now, Nuclear Wessel said:

So you don’t know what communism is 

“Lest we forget at least an over-the-shoulder acknowledgment to the very first radical: from all our legends, mythology, and history (and who is to know where mythology leaves off and history begins — or which is which), the first radical known to man who rebelled against the establishment and did it so effectively that he at least won his own kingdom — Lucifer.”

Communism is what the Rothschilds used to walk into Russia and destroy, murder Russian people because it was a Christian country now a communist one under LUCIFER!  hammer and sickle are freemasonry symbols which goes back to LUCIFER and SATANISM.     We are in a duality good vs evil, the trick pulled off is to control both sides which they do. 

9 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Yes, also saw this in the Guardian too. (Perhaps they've stopped taking drugs)

Is the UK about to have liftoff in the global space industry?

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2020/dec/31/is-the-uk-about-to-have-liftoff-in-the-global-space-industry

obviously their trying to increase their readership. after the remainer well has run dry. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Dreamer screamer said:

“Lest we forget at least an over-the-shoulder acknowledgment to the very first radical: from all our legends, mythology, and history (and who is to know where mythology leaves off and history begins — or which is which), the first radical known to man who rebelled against the establishment and did it so effectively that he at least won his own kingdom — Lucifer.”

Communism is what the Rothschilds used to walk into Russia and destroy, murder Russian people because it was a Christian country now a communist one under LUCIFER!  hammer and sickle are freemasonry symbols which goes back to LUCIFER and SATANISM.     We are in a duality good vs evil, the trick pulled off is to control both sides which they do. 

Can you give a legitimate definition and explain how it applies or are you just going to appeal to more BS? 

2 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Can you give a legitimate definition and explain how it applies or are you just going to appeal to more BS? 

Very simple once you work it out.:tu:   Got to get into religion, law, police, judges, the universe, pyramids, graham hancocks work, study England and the magna carta 1215-1217. Study symbolism,study computers, study astrotheology, study churches, study english, study sign languages, study etymology, study tesla, etc etc and then you might just grasp duality.  :D  It's tough, but well worth it.

Just now, Dreamer screamer said:

Very simple once you work it out.:tu:   Got to get into religion, law, police, judges, the universe, pyramids, graham hancocks work, study England and the magna carta 1215-1217. Study symbolism,study computers, study astrotheology, study churches, study english, study sign languages, study etymology, study tesla, etc etc and then you might just grasp duality.  :D  It's tough, but well worth it.

You're dodging the request, so at this point I am going conclude that you don't know. It's best not to throw terms around if you don't know what they mean.

15 minutes ago, Dreamer screamer said:

I have a few choice bits of sign language and symbolism for you too :)

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

out dated Helen, your still in no deal mode. the UK left with a deal. a very good deal. ie. arm's n' legs still intact. - you still cant believe the EU have given us such a good deal.

The unicorn you were given free of tariff was my personal gift and it will fart you all the rainbows you want, no quotas :lol:  

I know you've got audience eager to believe you, but it's so ridiculous when sane people are looking at it. You're doing the same as Johnson - keep claiming wonders are happening, victories are won, miracles are around the corner, which is precisely the opposite of very easily verifiable reality: the EU calmly waited for you to do whatever the **** you want, waited for your histrionics to stop already, so everybody can move on, making realistic agreements.  

Truth is, the deal is as decent as it can be in these circumstances, the EU didn't use the opportunity to extort anything, because, as I keep saying, it's against European principles.

But it's not better for you than EU membership was. Naturally. Logically. Rationally. You "freed" your market for predators and manipulators and took your say in the EU away from yourself. It's only better for a complete masochist, maybe.   

Edited by Helen of Annoy
grammar. still sucks, but at least I'm trying.
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2