Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UK EU divorce final

zep73

10 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

The unicorn you were given free of tariff was my personal gift and it will fart you all the rainbows you want, no quotas :lol:  

I know you've got audience eager to believe you, but it's so ridiculous when sane people are looking at it. You're doing the same as Johnson - keep claiming wonders are happening, victories are won, miracles are around the corner, which is precisely the opposite of very easily verifiable reality: the EU calmly waited for you to do whatever the **** you want, waited for your histrionics to stop already, so everybody can move on, making realistic agreements.  

Truth is, the deal is as decent as it can be in these circumstances, the EU didn't use the opportunity to extort anything, because, as I keep saying, it's against European principles.

But it's not better for you than EU membership was. Naturally. Logically. Rationally. You "freed" your market for predators and manipulators and took your say in the EU away from yourself. It's only better for a complete masochist, maybe.   

Helen, what did EU membership offer that we cant do ourselves?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, seanjo said:

Poor bitter soul. Brexit was based on getting rid of a third tier of government we have no say over.

This part I don't know about.  Didn't  Britain have voting members in whatever EU bodies made policy and laws for the EU?

10 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

Helen, what did EU membership offer that we cant do ourselves?

Be a part of 500+ million people large, well-regulated common market. (You're about to discover why are regulations very, very necessary thing. Unless you're an immoral tycoon.)

Solidarity. (Pandemic already shows why it's so important to have mechanisms preventing various freaks from aiming for herd immunity and such misanthropic, "libertarian" crap.)

Security. (The EU is the guarantee of peace in Europe. It's the most noble and the most important EU function, which I hope you will never understand, because people like you can learn only from their direct experience, no use explaining anything to them.) 

Oh, and the integrity of your kingdom. It's likely to fall apart now. Another thing I'm not happy for, but you missed your chance to postpone the natural historic process a little, by having cooperation with all your neighbours that removes any need for territorial disputes. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, seanjo said:

Yes, and we got to elect Members of the EU parliament, but they are so far away from the electorate that the EU commission made policy, not the people. 

Well, now you've got your elected queen and very down-to-earth Johnsons who do nothing you don't tell them to do. 

The funniest part about Brexit were English complaining the EU isn't directly democratic enough :lol: 

3 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Well, now you've got your elected queen and very down-to-earth Johnsons who do nothing you don't tell them to do. 

The funniest part about Brexit were English complaining the EU isn't directly democratic enough :lol: 

How can it be democratic when every country has to be in its grasp?  :blink:    That's not freedom, that is caught in the spider web.   The poor fly is caught in the web no matter what part of the web it's in.  How is that freedom?

11 minutes ago, Dreamer screamer said:

How can it be democratic when every country has to be in its grasp?  :blink:    That's not freedom, that is caught in the spider web.   The poor fly is caught in the web no matter what part of the web it's in.  How is that freedom?

Go away or I'll implant a communist chip via G5 right there where your brain should have been. 

On a second thought, no, don't go away. You just keep on with your excellent argumentation. Tell me more, how Brexit saved the world from Lucifer. 

@stevewinn, pay attention. The Brexit is even better than you modestly assumed. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Be a part of 500+ million people large, well-regulated common market. (You're about to discover why are regulations very, very necessary thing. Unless you're an immoral tycoon.)

Solidarity. (Pandemic already shows why it's so important to have mechanisms preventing various freaks from aiming for herd immunity and such misanthropic, "libertarian" crap.)

Security. (The EU is the guarantee of peace in Europe. It's the most noble and the most important EU function, which I hope you will never understand, because people like you can learn only from their direct experience, no use explaining anything to them.) 

Oh, and the integrity of your kingdom. It's likely to fall apart now. Another thing I'm not happy for, but you missed your chance to postpone the natural historic process a little, by having cooperation with all your neighbours that removes any need for territorial disputes. 

So Britain is now an unregulated market with a parliament unable to govern itself. i assume it was also unregulated and unable to legislate for itself both pre-EEC and post EU.

pandemic solidarity, have you asked Italy? who the EU apologised to for abandoning them and thus allowing Russia and China to offer assistance.

Its funny how the UK left the EU and was able to pass the vaccine for use earlier, the EU criticised the UK for not joining its vaccine procurement program via the EMA. The EU is now struggling and a shortage of the vaccine as the EMA was slow in clearing the vaccine for use and EU procurement slow in ordering.

Security of Europe, look no further than NATO. 1949. predates the EEC & EU and continues the security guarantee of Europe see policing mission eastern Europe. The EU to date as no army. The EU tried its hand at foreign policy expansion into Ukraine and brought conflict to the borders of europe, which the US and then NATO had to step in.

i asked what can EU membership do that we cant do for ourselves. you've replied highlighting EU failings.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Go away or I'll implant a communist chip via G5 right there where your brain should have been. 

On a second thought, no, don't go away. You just keep on with your excellent argumentation. Tell me more, how Brexit saved the world from Lucifer. 

@stevewinn, pay attention. The Brexit is even better than you modestly assumed. 

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/05522373/filing-history

Can you explain this?

30 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

... that imposes "One-size-fits-all" laws and regulations across the entire block. 

30 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Ah yes.. the Pandemic. And the worse record of all the worlds nations for COVID-19 per-capita infections ? (and deaths ? ). Well, that would be Belgium, the capital of the European Union. 

32 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

I think your confusing the EU with NATO ? The latter has guaranteed the peace in Europe for 75 years. The EU - in contrast - has done almost NOTHING for mutual defense. And when it HAS formed a military response, it has done so under NATO's instructions and command. 

35 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

The EU has always worked to suppress and dilute Nationalism, and to foster a vague sense of "European-ness". This - in the UK - has always been a failure. As for removing the need for territorial disputes.. well... perhaps. But only by destroying all independent Nations in the EU. Just like Stalin tried to do under the Soviet Union. 

Remember that ? Living in the Soviet Union wasn't a very nice exerience. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

So Britain is now an unregulated market with a parliament unable to govern itself. i assume it was also unregulated and unable to legislate for itself both pre-EEC and post EU.

pandemic solidarity, have you asked Italy? who the EU apologised to for abandoning them and thus allowing Russia and China to offer assistance.

Its funny how the UK left the EU and was able to pass the vaccine for use earlier, the EU criticised the UK for not joining its vaccine procurement program via the EMA. The EU is now struggling and a shortage of the vaccine as the EMA was slow in clearing the vaccine for use and EU procurement slow in ordering.

Security of Europe, look no further than NATO. 1949. predates the EEC & EU and continues the security guarantee of Europe see policing mission eastern Europe. The EU to date as no army. The EU tried its hand at foreign policy expansion into Ukraine and brought conflict to the borders of europe, which the US and then NATO had to step in.

i asked what can EU membership do that we cant do for ourselves. you've replied highlighting EU failings.

You're supposed to go forward, not back in time. Regulations protect common people, while you demand your right to lose your rights and protections so the leeches can suck you dry. 

And Italy apologized for hastily moaning louder than usual after naively falling for the Russian propaganda operation. Italian populists also demanded all the EU financial aid for COVID-struck only for Italy, which speaks volumes both about the populists and you, ready to use them as some sort of trustworthy arbiters. 

There's no shortage of the vaccine in the EU and we had a sort of remote festival in form of starting the vaccination with the elderly at the same time. There's no realistic need to vaccinate everybody at record pace, the most exposed and the most vulnerable are covered. Another area where regulations are extremely important. 

The EU will have an army, which is one of the facts that caused bizarre panic among Brexiters. How soon, I don't really care, but I would prefer it happens tomorrow. Especially since we have seen the true state of the US, and Britain too. And don't remind me of your pro-Russian blathering regarding Ukraine. Bite your serpent tongue. 

I know you don't want to understand the concept of cooperation, so you didn't understand. That's all right. As I keep saying, you do deserve exactly that, what you are doing to yourself.     

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

You're supposed to go forward, not back in time. Regulations protect common people, while you demand your right to lose your rights and protections so the leeches can suck you dry. 

And Italy apologized for hastily moaning louder than usual after naively falling for the Russian propaganda operation. Italian populists also demanded all the EU financial aid for COVID-struck only for Italy, which speaks volumes both about the populists and you, ready to use them as some sort of trustworthy arbiters. 

There's no shortage of the vaccine in the EU and we had a sort of remote festival in form of starting the vaccination with the elderly at the same time. There's no realistic need to vaccinate everybody at record pace, the most exposed and the most vulnerable are covered. Another area where regulations are extremely important. 

The EU will have an army, which is one of the facts that caused bizarre panic among Brexiters. How soon, I don't really care, but I would prefer it happens tomorrow. Especially since we have seen the true state of the US, and Britain too. And don't remind me of your pro-Russian blathering regarding Ukraine. Bite your serpent tongue. 

I know you don't want to understand the concept of cooperation, so you didn't understand. That's all right. As I keep saying, you do deserve exactly that, what you are doing to yourself.     

more EU efficiency.

image.png.76eba71a6617288d5e140dab36960dcc.png

image.png

Like i said, EU yet again in a crisis put 'one europe' before peoples health. its the same EU that told Biontec to stick its offer of another 100 million doses as it had bet on the 300 million of doses from the French Sanofi vaccine that turned out to be a flop.

what was you saying Helen........head in the sand.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

... that imposes "One-size-fits-all" laws and regulations across the entire block. 

Are you saying your metabolism is different than mine?

Ah yes.. the Pandemic. And the worse record of all the worlds nations for COVID-19 per-capita infections ? (and deaths ? ). Well, that would be Belgium, the capital of the European Union. 

The countries whose leadership willingly wanted to "sacrifice the weak"? Trumpistan and UK. 

I think your confusing the EU with NATO ? The latter has guaranteed the peace in Europe for 75 years. The EU - in contrast - has done almost NOTHING for mutual defense. And when it HAS formed a military response, it has done so under NATO's instructions and command. 

No, I'm not confusing the EU for NATO. It's you forgetting that I've got right to live as much as you do and it's the EU that makes my next war far less likely than certain school of politics from your country would like. I want minorities in my country safe and I want my nation's minority in neighbouring countries safe, under EU umbrella. You will not take that away from my neighbours. It was enough of your monsters of cynicism pushing my and other parts of the world in carnage. 

I need the EU to stop you. It was better and safer with you cooperating, but since you rather wouldn't, fine. Then I want few hundred millions keeping a joint eye on you. 

Regarding NATO, I hope the US will stabilize and that would bring you back from the Putin's side. Meanwhile... *rude gesture*

The EU has always worked to suppress and dilute Nationalism, and to foster a vague sense of "European-ness". This - in the UK - has always been a failure. As for removing the need for territorial disputes.. well... perhaps. But only by destroying all independent Nations in the EU. Just like Stalin tried to do under the Soviet Union. 

Remember that ? Living in the Soviet Union wasn't a very nice exerience. 

European identity is very much a real thing. It can be felt better when two Europeans meet in Madagascar, but it's there, even when you act like you could never have anything in common with me.

The European identity - of course - does not exclude national identities, because it consists of European national identities combined. 

It's precisely the opposite of soviet totalitarian need to suppress national identities other than Russian, and substitute it with ideologically based identity. Accidentally leaving the Russian flavour intact.  

Just stop looking at the EU through the former British empire prism. It's not an empire, it's an alliance, very natural and logical historic evolution of Europe. We are growing out of stupidity that made two world wars possible. Honestly, I can't imagine what kind of intellectual limitations could make one not welcome that. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

Russian aid was "80% useless" according to La Stampa back when it was relevant. The EU did the European thing and apologized, though it wasn't the EU fault that Italy had no response to the outbreak of the disease, which is not Italy's fault because no one knew what we're dealing with yet. 

Also, let me inform you that your gloating over such matter is highly tasteless. 

What's your source for the amusingly breathless "news" of vaccine shortage? It's obviously not an objective or at least sane source. It takes facts and presents them in sensationalist, highly distorted fashion. Because "not as fast and smooth" does not indicate catastrophe. It indicates it could have been faster and smoother. The reason why it wasn't as fast and smooth as in increasingly deregulated places, is that the EU is determined to have population protected with serious regulations regarding vaccines. I'm very fine with that.  

The shortage of the vaccine in the EU is simply a shameless lie. No, the vaccine is not available to everyone at this very moment. There's no need for the vaccine to be available right away to everyone. The most exposed and the most vulnerable first. I haven't met anyone who objects to that yet.   

19 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Russian aid was "80% useless" according to La Stampa back when it was relevant. The EU did the European thing and apologized, though it wasn't the EU fault that Italy had no response to the outbreak of the disease, which is not Italy's fault because no one knew what we're dealing with yet. 

Also, let me inform you that your gloating over such matter is highly tasteless. 

What's your source for the amusingly breathless "news" of vaccine shortage? It's obviously not an objective or at least sane source. It takes facts and presents them in sensationalist, highly distorted fashion. Because "not as fast and smooth" does not indicate catastrophe. It indicates it could have been faster and smoother. The reason why it wasn't as fast and smooth as in increasingly deregulated places, is that the EU is determined to have population protected with serious regulations regarding vaccines. I'm very fine with that.  

The shortage of the vaccine in the EU is simply a shameless lie. No, the vaccine is not available to everyone at this very moment. There's no need for the vaccine to be available right away to everyone. The most exposed and the most vulnerable first. I haven't met anyone who objects to that yet.   

Once again the EU President apologising to Italy. even though she didn't have to, yeah, c'mon, don't be so stupid. EU unity, the EU dropped the ball and publicly apologised. they don't do that for nothing.

https://twitter.com/Channel4News/status/1250756274804920320?s=20

My source about the vaccine. it comes from the left wing approved, pro-eu guardian.

Edited by stevewinn
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, TashaMarie said:

A part from a handful of old school friends noone I know wanted it.  So not just going off the news.

Well... thats what they told you lol.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

Once again the EU President apologising to Italy. even though she didn't have to, yeah, c'mon, don't be so stupid. EU unity, the EU dropped the ball and publicly apologised. they don't do that for nothing. ttps://twitter.com/Channel4News/status/1250756274804920320?s=20

https://twitter.com/Channel4News/status/1250756274804920320?s=20

My source about the vaccine. it comes from the left wing approved, pro-eu guardian.

Apologizing for doing the same thing Italian government did, which is not reacting immediately. Yeah, COVID was underestimated. It did caught the EU by surprise. At least no one suggested "culling the elderly", since it would be "mildly beneficial" like one of your deregulators did. 

I might be stupid, but at least I'm not as stupid as the one voting for the people who will cull you once it's mildly beneficial. Sucker. 

Left wing in your country gave you some of the most persistent Eurosceptics, so it's neither a wonder nor is leftiness a guarantee of quality.

It's a shame, though, that the Guardian too has fallen victim of sensationalism. Well... your problem. 

You're, of course, free to believe there's shortage of anything in the EU, especially since that makes you so happy.   

4 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Apologizing for doing the same thing Italian government did, which is not reacting immediately. Yeah, COVID was underestimated. It did caught the EU by surprise. At least no one suggested "culling the elderly", since it would be "mildly beneficial" like one of your deregulators did. 

I might be stupid, but at least I'm not as stupid as the one voting for the people who will cull you once it's mildly beneficial. Sucker. 

Left wing in your country gave you some of the most persistent Eurosceptics, so it's neither a wonder nor is leftiness a guarantee of quality.

It's a shame, though, that the Guardian too has fallen victim of sensationalism. Well... your problem. 

You're, of course, free to believe there's shortage of anything in the EU, especially since that makes you so happy.   

your in denial. the USSR existed on people like you, unable to be critical of the system even when its staring one right in the face.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Helen of Annoy said:

That is deeply concerning, a EU army.

Full credit to Germany, they finally figured out how to win and did so without a shot being fired. The irony of all those horrified at WW2 on the continent is Germany has convinced them they are on the good side lol. And that the great bastion of freedom (Britain) are the bad apples.

Edited by Cookie Monster
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

That is deeply concerning, a EU army.

Full credit to Germany, they finally figured out how to win and did so without a shot being fired. The irony of all those horrified at WW2 on the continent is Germany has convinced them they are on the good side lol. And that the great bastion of freedom (Britain) are the bad apples.

Britain and America will have to come to the rescue again and save their bacon a third time.  Liberating Europe is becoming a habit.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TigerBright19 said:

Britain and America will have to come to the rescue again and save their bacon a third time.  Liberating Europe is becoming a habit.

They`ve turned the world against Trump America too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stevewinn said:

Like i said, EU yet again in a crisis put 'one europe' before peoples health. its the same EU that told Biontec to stick its offer of another 100 million doses as it had bet on the 300 million of doses from the French Sanofi vaccine that turned out to be a flop.

I see that you are in a dick comparsion EU bashing mode but did you forgot, or even didnt know, that BionTech was supported by the EU with 100M€ in June this year (and with 300M€ from Germany btw) to boost the C19 vaccine R&D? Means, the very same vaccine thats now in use in the UK as well? I`m in the opinion that the most brexitiers still think that the British Empire UK is some kind of superior, which it is not. No country is superior anymore because its 2021 and not 1910.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

your in denial. the USSR existed on people like you, unable to be critical of the system even when its staring one right in the face.

Yeah, the one celebrating Johnson's victories is going to tell me I'm in denial. 

And would you stop blathering about anything that involves history and geography because it's painful to watch you getting lost. USSR didn't exist on true believers, it existed on the lack of choice, like totalitarian regimes do. 

Do you know what populists and Eurosceptics from Eastern Europe have in common? Their communist, soviet and pro-soviet careers. Go cry on Orban's shoulder, you unwitting aparatchik. 

26 minutes ago, toast said:

I see that you are in a dick comparsion EU bashing mode but did you forgot, or even didnt know, that BionTech was supported by the EU with 100M€ in June this year (and with 300M€ from Germany btw) to boost the C19 vaccine R&D? Means, the very same vaccine thats now in use in the UK as well? I`m in the opinion that the most brexitiers still think that the British Empire UK is some kind of superior, which it is not. No country is superior anymore because its 2021 and not 1910.

It wasn't lost on me who makes the vaccine. It was the EU procurement that was commented on. Which I see you have no opinion on it. Eu in the slow lane again. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Yeah, the one celebrating Johnson's victories is going to tell me I'm in denial. 

And would you stop blathering about anything that involves history and geography because it's painful to watch you getting lost. USSR didn't exist on true believers, it existed on the lack of choice, like totalitarian regimes do. 

Do you know what populists and Eurosceptics from Eastern Europe have in common? Their communist, soviet and pro-soviet careers. Go cry on Orban's shoulder, you unwitting aparatchik. 

Major embarrassing episode for the EU. No wonder she was apologising. 

Russian convoy thundering down the roads of an EU member assisting where the EU failed. 

The symbolism of it all. Major PR for Russia and China. Who seized upon an EU weakness. In the heart of Europe, in one of the founding members Italy. 

EU dropped the ball how could it happen asked the members. Wow. 

• Thanks 1

I wish Sweden would be next to leave EU...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2