Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UK EU divorce final

zep73

1 minute ago, Helen of Annoy said:

But it's so amusing to study the sovereignty of the British fish. It's fascinating topic that gives one surprisingly deep insight in the depths of your delusions. And the ways your (how yours are they really?) media is exploiting them to manipulate you. 

So, how soon are you crashing out of these stinky international organizations that only limit your creativity? 

Make sure to threaten them with fish too. It worked like a charm with the EU. 

Is it me or are all the Brits here telling you that you dont know what you`re talking about?

I think maybe the media in your country is feeding you are rather distorted view of the UK.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

But it's so amusing to study the sovereignty of the British fish. It's fascinating topic that gives one surprisingly deep insight in the depths of your delusions. And the ways your (how yours are they really?) media is exploiting them to manipulate you. 

So, how soon are you crashing out of these stinky international organizations that only limit your creativity? 

Make sure to threaten them with fish too. It worked like a charm with the EU. 

There is something fishy about your posts.

The only organisation we wanted to leave was the EU, as it served no purpose and was costly. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/31/2020 at 11:17 PM, zep73 said:

As of now, the Brits are finally out of the EU for good.

Good luck and good riddance, dear Brits!

Maybe you will still want us to be friends when your dairy produce sales to Britain take a fall ,as we can now get these products just as cheap from elsewhere .

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Give over, we are a major economic and military power.

Will the E.U. support Croatia when Russia decides to ramp up its forces against them , now that will be a laugh .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stevewinn said:

There is something fishy about your posts.

The only organisation we wanted to leave was the EU, as it served no purpose and was costly. 

Your main ally, Trump, claims the same about NATO. 

Crash out, the oligarchs that own you anyway would like such nice gesture.

And you know what's the most tragic about the state of your minds? The post I'm quoting below. 

27 minutes ago, spud the mackem said:

Will the E.U. support Croatia when Russia decides to ramp up its forces against them , now that will be a laugh .

Firstly, Russia is not geographically close enough for your fantasy, secondly, the relations between Russia and the EU are something that will outlast Putin for centuries, thirdly, they're entering the unsurprising phase where Putins seeks reconciliation with the EU. He's this and that, but he's not stupid, like some of the misbehaved political children who threw you in this mess.

And your country is still in NATO, so you shouldn't blather like that, unless you're really looking for ways to get out of it too.   

Will the EU assist my country in need of any sort? Yes, it will. The EU already supports my country after the earthquake. I'm literally crying watching convoys from Austria, both with Austrian and the EU help. They're sending all sorts of supplies, but the most important are containers in which people whose houses were destroyed can live.   

Thank you, EU, thank you, neighbours. If I can ever find a way to return the favour, in any way, I will. 

While you can wrap your perverse gloating around a fish and stick it right up... ahem. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, spud the mackem said:

Maybe you will still want us to be friends when your dairy produce sales to Britain take a fall ,as we can now get these products just as cheap from elsewhere .

I think you read too much into the 'good riddance' part. It wasn't meant in a sarcastic or hateful way. It was meant as 'finally it's done, enough with the talking and negotiations'.

Personally I love You Brits, and hope we can keep a close relationship in the future.

Edited by zep73
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Your main ally, Trump, claims the same about NATO. 

Crash out, the oligarchs that own you anyway would like such nice gesture.

The UK has no desire to leave NATO.

10 minutes ago, zep73 said:

I think you read too much into the 'good riddance' part. It wasn't meant in a sarcastic or hateful way. It was meant as 'finally it's done, enough with the talking and negotiations'.

Personally I love You Brits, and hope we can keep a close relationship in the future.

It was disappointing to read that post you refer to, As the UK and Denmark have a shared rich history and lets not forget Denmark only joined the EEC because the UK did as our countries where so economically linked. - Denmark wasn't the only one when in 1973 the UK joined the bloc, Denmark and Ireland joined too. Why? Because the bulk of their trade was with us.

According to WTEx, how does the UK rank today for them as a global goods export market?

The UK's market is #

• World #3 for Ireland
  • World #4 for Denmark

The kingdom of Denmark should come join the United Kingdom as we once again look to the sea's for our prosperity. two great maritime seafaring nations.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

It was disappointing to read that post you refer to, As the UK and Denmark have a shared rich history and lets not forget Denmark only joined the EEC because the UK did as our countries where so economically linked. - Denmark wasn't the only one when in 1973 the UK joined the bloc, Denmark and Ireland joined too. Why? Because the bulk of their trade was with us.

According to WTEx, how does the UK rank today for them as a global goods export market?

The UK's market is #

• World #3 for Ireland
  • World #4 for Denmark

The kingdom of Denmark should come join the United Kingdom as we once again look to the sea's for our prosperity. two great maritime seafaring nations.

Bacon!

Don`t worry Denmark we won`t abandon you lol.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, spud the mackem said:

We done the vast majority of our Christmas food shopping at Tesco's this year - without even trying nothing was purchased from the European Union. - this was obviously down to Tesco changing its suppliers. I'd say 99% was British produced. meats and Veg. -  I did have blueberries from South Africa and grapes from Nambia. runner beans from Egypt, 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

Who should believe anything a Brexiter would say? 

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

have you informed the press, - world exclusive you got there Helen.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Helen of Annoy said:

what an EXTRAORDINARY statement ! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

have you informed the press, - world exclusive you got there Helen.

14 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

what an EXTRAORDINARY statement ! 

Well, at least you're honest about your lying :lol: 

Good luck, b*******. I mean it. The good luck part, that is :D  

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Well, at least you're honest about your lying :lol: Good luck, b*******. I mean it. The good luck part, that is :D  

Why, thank you. 

Umm... I think ? 

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Well, at least you're honest about your lying :lol: 

Good luck, b*******. I mean it. The good luck part, that is :D  

It is quite extraordinary how you care so much about the future of Britain for someone on the other side of the continent. And odd why you are so angry about it all.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

It is quite extraordinary how you care so much about the future of Britain for someone on the other side of the continent. And odd why you are so angry about it all.

It was my intention to leave this thread alone, but I will allow myself one more post. 

It's on the other side, but it's the same continent. 

Only a complete idiot prefers hostility to cooperation. Meaning that the bizarre hostility against Europe which Brexit propaganda was brainwashing you with is the reason why Brexit is considered (by sane people) a product of political thought that is primarily not looking to secure British interests. 

You've been manipulated into hurting yourself. Yeah, that makes me angry. Some of you might be remarkably stupid, but that's not your fault and no one should have the chance to manipulate you like that. 

Anyway, it was done. No one will benefit from it. On the brighter side, much like Trump, Brexit too shows any isolationist and bigoted ideas various "populists" are peddling for what they are - irrational blatherings that lead into division, shame and ruin.

In hope the self-inflicted British damage will be limited and repairable, I'm looking forward to Breturn :)  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

@Helen of Annoy the United Kingdom will never return. But i like your confidence and optimism that there would be something to return to in the future.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

@Helen of Annoy the United Kingdom will never return. But i like your confidence and optimism that there would be something to return to in the future.

absolutely true. 

But Northern Ireland never really left, and Scotland might return, :ph34r:

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

absolutely true. 

But Northern Ireland never really left, and Scotland might return, :ph34r:

Its funny that because neither Scotland or N.Ireland joined the EU, and neither have been a member in their own right.

The UK Global Tariff (UKGT) now applies to goods imported into the UK. It replaces the EU’s Common External Tariff (CET). 

• 47% of products are tariff-free, compared to 27% under EU's external tariff.

edit to add:

Under UKGT, any tariff levied will go to the UK Treasury so all 100% of it stays in the UK. Not 80% to the EU. 20% to UK like use to happen when we were an EU member. an extra 3.7Billion a year to the coffers.

Edited by stevewinn
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

It was my intention to leave this thread alone, but I will allow myself one more post. 

It's on the other side, but it's the same continent. 

Only a complete idiot prefers hostility to cooperation. Meaning that the bizarre hostility against Europe which Brexit propaganda was brainwashing you with is the reason why Brexit is considered (by sane people) a product of political thought that is primarily not looking to secure British interests. 

You've been manipulated into hurting yourself. Yeah, that makes me angry. Some of you might be remarkably stupid, but that's not your fault and no one should have the chance to manipulate you like that. 

Anyway, it was done. No one will benefit from it. On the brighter side, much like Trump, Brexit too shows any isolationist and bigoted ideas various "populists" are peddling for what they are - irrational blatherings that lead into division, shame and ruin.

In hope the self-inflicted British damage will be limited and repairable, I'm looking forward to Breturn :)  

Do you mind if I save that reply? You made me laugh, yes you @Helen of Annoy. I never thought I`d see the day when you reduced me to hysterics but you have. Satirically speaking you are very entertaining, and on a more serious note someone who seems to be living on another planet or in an alternate dimension.

Enjoy your new year!

Edited by Cookie Monster
  • Haha 2

EU share of global GDP.

• 6 Members   33% 1973
  • 28 Members 16% 2019.
  • 27 Members 14% 2020.
  • EU forecast    9% 2050.
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, zep73 said:

Personally I love You Brits, and hope we can keep a close relationship inAccepte the future.

Accepted , but "good riddance" , in the English context is regarded as an insult , and only used if you dislike a person intensely .  Best Wishes S.T.M.

1 hour ago, spud the mackem said:

"good riddance" , in the English context is regarded as an insult , and only used if you dislike a person intensely

Unfortunately I wasn't aware of that, when I wrote it. It was a mistake. Won't happen again.

• Thanks 1