Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
the13bats

Lawyer says he might be Christ

38 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

razman

Lord have mercy on us.

 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
029b10

That is not LIN WOOD in the video, that was a caller to that program.

 

 

LIN WOOD did say

 Despite what is being said about me, I want you to know I do not think I am God. If I am, I must have a really bad memory, totally forgetting when I created the universe & myself.

I would rather have people think (cause assuming doesn't do any of us any good.)  I know I am not God.

LIN WOOD did say

"But I do firmly believe that the Holy Spirit resides in every one of God’s imperfect children"

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
To do list

Shouldn't this be in spirituality or something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rashore

Wow, when lawyers get into lawsuits with each other :no:

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dreamer screamer

When he works out what is going on, he will settle down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
10 hours ago, the13bats said:

just more fake news

the best thing we could all do in 2021 is REread Orwell's 1984...this time considering the role of Media in all of our lives...not just ABC et al, but Social Media as well...it is so much a part of most people's lives I don't think they even realize what is real anymore.

It's like this headline:  The13bats claims he is NOT racist.  Then you read the story:  the13bats critics are claiming that he is Racist after attending a party where racist jokes were made.  Witnesses say they heard the13bats laughing as racist jokes were being made.

It's all fake news designed to make you think that the13bats is racist.   All of it is propaganda.  

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the13bats
7 hours ago, To do list said:

Shouldn't this be in spirituality or something?

Not in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the13bats
4 hours ago, joc said:

the best thing we could all do in 2021 is REread Orwell's 1984...

I can see it now 2021 the year of CT fiction novels becoming reality. eightball6f.gif.993afaf6fa298e6691791f20f68919db.gif

hey 2021 might just "trump" 2020 in it ridiculous hilarity, the movie idiocy comes to mind.

New years day...

congrats5.gif.f4646889a1e066cdd8380a7015f0f37c.gif

JOE BIDEN 2020 winner! elefant.gif.24bcd5b715363339b06af597667d88b1.gif

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc

How is George Orwell's 1984 a CT Novel?  Have you ever read it?

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the13bats
33 minutes ago, joc said:

How is George Orwell's 1984 a CT Novel?  Have you ever read it?

Have you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
President-Elect Acidhead

:w00t: 

:D 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
15 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Have you?

I have indeed!  I read it when I was in High School.  Not because I was told to, but rather because I was told not to. It was a reading assignment for my older sister's class.  A lot of parents objected because somewhere in the book there was one word...a four letter word beginning with the letter F and ending with the letter found in the alphabet between J and L.

So, yeah, I read it.  Man...it was not what I was expecting.  It is all about this one guy who questions the reality of the world he lives in.  And his quest to know the truth...but that was very dangerous because if you were found questioning Big Brother...you would become an enemy. One of the things that stands out in my mind is the 'News'.   Didn't matter what the headlines were.  Today the news headlines might read  WINTER HITS CLEVELAND HARD 2' OF SNOW!   The very next day the headline might say CLEVELAND HAS MILDEST WINTER ON RECORD.  Whatever they said...the Proletariat just believed it.  They were told that everything was the best it had ever been...but the guy remembered a time when the best cigarettes didn't have to be held just so to keep the tobacco from falling out.   

There was always a war...with Eurasia.  In reality there was no war, but they kept the populations believing that there was by occasionally dropping a bomb or two nearby a large city...their motto was War is Peace.  Big Brother was ever present, watching everyone and everything...and Big Brother cared about you!  And you were suppose to love Big Brother...and hate who Big Brother hated.  They had 2 Minute Hates...where you could (and should) drop in often and for 2 minutes throw things at a picture of Big Brother's enemy of the day...and curse them at the top of your lungs...and boy did that make you feel better.   

It was written back in the 40s I think.  

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
quiXilver

I keep reminding folks... 1984 was written as a warning.

Seems we've been using it as a 'How To' manual instead...

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the13bats
1 hour ago, joc said:

I have indeed!  I read it when I was in High School.  Not because I was told to, but rather because I was told not to. It was a reading assignment for my older sister's class.  A lot of parents objected because somewhere in the book there was one word...a four letter word beginning with the letter F and ending with the letter found in the alphabet between J and L.

So, yeah, I read it. 

1984 has been used many ways.

I no longer feel like such a late bloomer, very cool that the "F" word had that much influence over a highschool age kid to prod him into reading a book, sorta reminds me of Milhouse, Lewis and that 3rd kid sneaking into Barton Fink because it was "R" rated.

Great book review reminds me of Patrick Bateman giving his review of the latest Huey Lewis album, so thanks for sharing :tu:

Oh if you havent you might enjoy reading "Flatland" by A Abbott.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
2 hours ago, the13bats said:

1984 has been used many ways.

I no longer feel like such a late bloomer, very cool that the "F" word had that much influence over a highschool age kid to prod him into reading a book, sorta reminds me of Milhouse, Lewis and that 3rd kid sneaking into Barton Fink because it was "R" rated.

Great book review reminds me of Patrick Bateman giving his review of the latest Huey Lewis album, so thanks for sharing :tu:

Oh if you havent you might enjoy reading "Flatland" by A Abbott.

I get it...you are completely sucked into the 21century Social Network.  Let me calculate...hmmm...  +....-.....x.... =  oh yeah 1884 wasn't even in the same century as Orwell...and here I was thinking you might be saying something relevant...sigh...

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the13bats

That was obscure. You had me for a moment due to just how wrong about me you are, but as far as either of us posting relevant, um no.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek

he could be Christ, people come up with pretty strange names,  i know of twins named lemongelo, and orangelo

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the13bats
1 hour ago, aztek said:

he could be Christ, people come up with pretty strange names,  i know of twins named lemongelo, and orangelo

Thanks for sharing,

A rather nasty musician who went by the name G.G. Allin,

9D2KdXrjjtOmBWMVdua2oV_1NLO1P6I6Ei-AV-NP

He was gross he would perform nude covered in his own excrement and feces, he was so bad he caused a club in orlando that booked him to close down.

Anyway, he was born to a very religious father who named him Jesus Christ Allin who thought his son would be messiah,

His older brother pronounced "jesus" "jeje" which lead to the "GG" nick name.

As far as this thread goes i assume that lawyer was just trying to make a point or taken out of context but i dont have a clue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
psyche101
On 1/2/2021 at 12:18 PM, joc said:

I get it...you are completely sucked into the 21century Social Network.  Let me calculate...hmmm...  +....-.....x.... =  oh yeah 1884 wasn't even in the same century as Orwell...and here I was thinking you might be saying something relevant...sigh...

I know the book pretty well. My son even did a play where he had the role of Emmanuel Goldstein. 

Dude, it's fiction. It's not a handbook. 1984 was 26 years ago. It's nothing like real life. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
17 hours ago, psyche101 said:

I know the book pretty well. My son even did a play where he had the role of Emmanuel Goldstein. 

Dude, it's fiction. It's not a handbook. 1984 was 26 years ago. It's nothing like real life. 

lol   I know it's fiction.  But all good fiction has an element of truth in it.  

The problem I am seeing is NOT in Oz mate!  It isn't in NZ.  It isn't in Canada.  The Problem is unique to America.

America is completely divided...and a Nation Divided Against Itself Cannot Stand!  That is the problem.

We haven't always been THIS divided.  Not like this.  The Media has made it all personal.  Anyway...it's our problem for the moment.  When America's Greatness Fades my friend...that is when it becomes a problem for the rest of you!

Philosophical question of the day:   Did the Romans see it coming?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Skulduggery
On 1/6/2021 at 10:20 PM, the13bats said:

Thanks for sharing,

A rather nasty musician who went by the name G.G. Allin,

9D2KdXrjjtOmBWMVdua2oV_1NLO1P6I6Ei-AV-NP

He was gross he would perform nude covered in his own excrement and feces, he was so bad he caused a club in orlando that booked him to close down.

Anyway, he was born to a very religious father who named him Jesus Christ Allin who thought his son would be messiah,

His older brother pronounced "jesus" "jeje" which lead to the "GG" nick name.

As far as this thread goes i assume that lawyer was just trying to make a point or taken out of context but i dont have a clue.

GG was awesome.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the13bats
36 minutes ago, Skulduggery said:

GG was awesome.

I never booked or met the guy, when he was booked here late 80s early 90s i guess it was, a friend wanted me to go i wasnt feeling great stayed home but the first wave was a call from my friend about 3am she was unhinged and the next day i hear more about the mayhem, seems he didnt even get a full song set out a couple tunes before hes striped nude covered in god knows what chasing people and ends up running out into a cop car, different story versions to that but i like the one he lands on thr hood of a squad car.

My understanding the city was so upset over it they made the club close as the club wasnt open long after that.

Anytime i spin a punk show i play bite it you scum.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Skulduggery
9 hours ago, the13bats said:

I never booked or met the guy, when he was booked here late 80s early 90s i guess it was, a friend wanted me to go i wasnt feeling great stayed home but the first wave was a call from my friend about 3am she was unhinged and the next day i hear more about the mayhem, seems he didnt even get a full song set out a couple tunes before hes striped nude covered in god knows what chasing people and ends up running out into a cop car, different story versions to that but i like the one he lands on thr hood of a squad car.

My understanding the city was so upset over it they made the club close as the club wasnt open long after that.

Anytime i spin a punk show i play bite it you scum.

A lot of people give GG **** (no pun intended) because they take a lot of his quotes at face value. Some people say he was racist, others say he was a paedophile or even a rapist. A lot of this is based on numerous quotes of his from his appearances on talk shows, etc. From my own understanding, he was none of these things. He was out to shock people. He definitely was a bit crazy with his antics, but all the things he said he was or did was just talk. I know someone who knew him and toured with him, and from what I've been told, he was a really sweet and somewhat shy person when he wasn't playing music or trying to shock people. I am looking to get Dirty Love Songs on CD or vinyl sometime soon but it goes for quite a lot nowadays. Out of print I think. A lot of people don't realise how prolific a songwriter he was. Some of his stuff with the Jabbers is very catchy and melodic.

There is a hilarious news clip on YouTube from when he was in Orlando.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.