Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The one question you would ask your God.

To do list

11 minutes ago, Will Do said:

That's the beauty of it.

You're the only one who can do the interpreting.

Supporting the experience to anyone else is irrelevant. But they can do it for themselves too.

I think what you're asking is does the experience of faith result in something analogous to what happens when a computer is rebooted. Correct me if I'm wrong about that.

Yes. Without rebooting the locked up or over cached programs, there is no default to begin from again.

I would suggest just for the sake of simplicity and understanding for us all do you mind if we go with this; 

the real estate ( beliefs) in our own heads is our own private property to do with as we wish, but what comes out of our collective mouths about our beliefs becomes community property and subject to verification, value, etc. etc.

It is certainly not easy to see in ourselves what it is about our beliefs that we favor, yet, it is safe to assume we all have “favorites “so we seek feedback to sift through all the ins and outs to pull out and explore what is of value at all, etc. etc.certainly, if the beauty of owning your own beliefs ( real estate) is to be the one in control no problem, but not everyone approaches their property this way and if they should my question would be why? 

So to clarify is it fair for me to conclude that for you having the right to believe as you choose gives you a sense of personal power/ control? 

For me, there isn’t a right or wrong answer, I am just seeking to understand you. And, I can be wrong.

Over to you, your thoughts?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

I would suggest just for the sake of simplicity and understanding for us all do you mind if we go with this; 

the real estate ( beliefs) in our own heads is our own private property to do with as we wish, but what comes out of our collective mouths about our beliefs becomes community property and subject to verification, value, etc. etc.

I can go with that but can I add a qualification? When it comes to the unique beliefs everyone has, I'd like to emphasize that the experiences that result from exercising faith in those personal beliefs, is what's paramount.

Is what's evidence. Is what's proof.

However for no one else, but oneself. There's no other way.

2 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

It is certainly not easy to see in ourselves what it is about our beliefs that we favor, yet, it is safe to assume we all have “favorites “so we seek feedback to sift through all the ins and outs to pull out and explore what is of value at all, etc. etc.certainly, if the beauty of owning your own beliefs ( real estate) is to be the one in control no problem, but not everyone approaches their property this way and if they should my question would be why? 

To me the reason why everyone should approach being in control of one's beliefs, same as their property, is because if it's put in the control of someone else, then they'll have given away something that may never be repossessed. 

Same thing with the right to choose.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Will Do said:

I can go with that but can I add a qualification? When it comes to the unique beliefs everyone has, I'd like to emphasize that the experiences that result from exercising faith in those personal beliefs, is what's paramount.

Is what's evidence. Is what's proof.

However for no one else, but oneself. There's no other way.

To me the reason why everyone should approach being in control of one's beliefs, same as their property, is because if it's put in the control of someone else, then they'll have given away something that may never be repossessed. 

Same thing with the right to choose.

Duly noted on your response. Thank you  for your response. 

I agree the aspect that I would look at too is the evidence for the experience. Of course, if it is just my own there really isn’t much weight I can put on it (if no one else can observe what I am)  so any requests for evidence would be valid to me.

Indeed, I agree sometimes, in some cases just having sole control over your own thoughts ( beliefs) and what you believe is a wonderful coping skill along the way and maybe it will always work that way for you and I personally have no problem or judgement. 

But, for me to believe that this is any thing other than your own real estate ( beliefs) will require evidence for me to consider it as an actuality. Subjectively, it is ones own show, but objectively it’s the evidence’s show. 

Your thoughts? Over to you.

"Where's the reboot button?"  For obvious reasons.

17 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

I agree the aspect that I would look at too is the evidence for the experience. Of course, if it is just my own there really isn’t much weight I can put on it (if no one else can observe what I am)  so any requests for evidence would be valid to me.

That's an interesting way to look at it. It has never occurred to me that one person's subjective and quite personal religious experiences are valid for someone else. 

Goes to show then, how different the validity of a person's evidence for experiences really are.

for me to believe that this is any thing other than your own real estate ( beliefs) will require evidence for me to consider it as an actuality. 

I'm curious. Do you have evidences or experiences that have caused you to consider them as an actuality eventhough those evidences are useless for anyone else?

Edited by Will Do

16 minutes ago, switchopens said:

The one that says on it:

PUSH HERE TO ACTIVATE FAITH (If you haven't already) :D

Edited by Will Do

19 hours ago, To do list said:

If such a thing exists of course. But if your God stood before you, what one question would you ask and why?

Why do you believe you are god and why do you want me to believe you are?

jmccr8

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Sherapy said:

I agree the aspect that I would look at too is the evidence for the experience. Of course, if it is just my own there really isn’t much weight I can put on it

Not sure what to say about what you said there. That there really isn't much weight you can put on what I presume you mean, are the evidences of your experiences. 

What I'll ask about that is, if not your weight, then who's? Other's people weight can't be shifted over to you. They got there own experiences to crush.

Let me suggest that since the subjectivity of the situation doesn't allow for anyone's involvement other than yourself, that the weight you desire but can't put on it, is the weight on your heart God already has, and always provides. But there is a key to it:

Spoiler

Recognition 

Edited by Will Do
  • Thanks 1

"Here is the cancellation of your employment contract, would you like to have a pen?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Kind of a central propositional the Matrix movie wasn't it?  What is dream and what is real? 

Is faith a part of waking up in your cocoon to realize there is a meta-reality outsider your dream?

Or is faith remaining in the dream and shaping a part of it to your desire?

If you shape the dream to your desire, would you even want to wake up?

I am not sure of the balance between being in control of your life  and a relentless desire to find some "truth"  even if it means you relinquish a portion of your control.   Different for everybody I suppose, unless I am dreaming you.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

I am not sure of the balance between being in control of your life  and a relentless desire to find some "truth"  even if it means you relinquish a portion of your control.   

How about instead of relinquishing control, you gain it by taking on the same control God has over everything of value, and have the very same thing for controlling yourself?

Spoiler

---PUSH HERE FOR FAITH---

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Sherapy said:

Duly noted on your response. Thank you  for your response. 

Indeed, I agree sometimes, in some cases just having sole control over your own thoughts ( beliefs) and what you believe is a wonderful coping skill along the way and maybe it will always work that way for you and I personally have no problem or judgement. 

But, for me to believe that this is any thing other than your own real estate ( beliefs) will require evidence for me to consider it as an actuality. Subjectively, it is ones own show, but objectively it’s the evidence’s show. 

Your thoughts? Over to you.

I found my evidence by my self. Doesnt logic dictate that you'd have to follow in my steps to get the proof I did?

1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

Kind of a central propositional the Matrix movie wasn't it?  What is dream and what is real? 

Is faith a part of waking up in your cocoon to realize there is a meta-reality outsider your dream?

Or is faith remaining in the dream and shaping a part of it to your desire?

If you shape the dream to your desire, would you even want to wake up?

I am not sure of the balance between being in control of your life  and a relentless desire to find some "truth"  even if it means you relinquish a portion of your control.   Different for everybody I suppose, unless I am dreaming you.

There's always an end,Tatetopa. Just like there's always a beginning. We can't choose either, but what we do in between that counts. Now, I can affect the end. I can change how I go out. Wouldn't that be a blessing? How is giving yourself back to the source that you came from relinquishing control? Dying is relinquishing control. Not voluntary, granted but still relinquishing. We have no control over actual death, so what's the difference? Kicking, and fighting as you go out, or accepting it? Because your answer has huge ramifications for those left behind. Cause, and effect. I dont want a lamentation of the women death. My death's going to be a celebration, not a bad memory to be shut away. I choose this freely. That's not giving in, thats me taking control, instead of riding it out in fear. Also, the proof that everyone demands? Its there, I've found it. But in order for you to find what I found, you would have to take  the same journey I did. It's a very personal journey. And it took me over a year of searching the internet to find it. I was skeptical, and critical through the whole trip. I still am. It all learning, and it never ends. How do you learn from your death, if there's nothing after? After all, we've pretty much learned everything about birth, so why not death?

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, To do list said:

But if your God stood before you, what one question would you ask and why?

I would simply say, “Thank you, thank you, thank you for saving my life”.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, simplybill said:

I would simply say, “Thank you, thank you, thank you for saving my life”.

*applause* 

• Like 3

Heres a thought experiment for the skeptics. What is love? Can you prove it? Your mother says she loves you, your father says he loves you. I say they don't. How do you prove they do? After all love is intangible. You cant hold it in your hand, nor can you show me a picture or video of love. It all subjective. So, show me proof that love is real. Tangible proof.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, switchopens said:

Its called death, and rebirth.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Heres a thought experiment for the skeptics. What is love? Can you prove it? Your mother says she loves you, your father says he loves you. I say they don't. How do you prove they do? After all love is intangible. You cant hold it in your hand, nor can you show me a picture or video of love. It all subjective. So, show me proof that love is real. Tangible proof.

Love is an internal reaction to an event be it a favourable glance you notice, the touch of a girlfriend or wife if married. The smell of freshly mowed grass the ocean breeze a sun shinning on your face. Rain snow even a good old thunderstorm makes my heart flutter with joy. All human emotions at my mortal level. 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, To do list said:

If such a thing exists of course. But if your God stood before you, what one question would you ask and why?

Hi To do list

I see my response confused you. Personally to me god is our ability to see and realize potential change ourselves and our environment so if some guy shows up telling me he is god then it should be fairly simple for him to explain why he believes he is god and what purpose does me believing him serve.

jmccr8

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, To do list said:

Love is an internal reaction to an event be it a favourable glance you notice, the touch of a girlfriend or wife if married. The smell of freshly mowed grass the ocean breeze a sun shinning on your face. Rain snow even a good old thunderstorm makes my heart flutter with joy. All human emotions at my mortal level. 

But can you prove it? That's the question,  and it's funny. Athiests, church members, skeptics, and apithests, all say that they love their parents. I say you don't. Prove it. You may say, and show all the things that you do, and say shows your love. Does it? I could counter with, "well I think you did those things to cash in on the will." This is the thought experiment for the skeptics. To show that sometimes there just isn't tangible evidence. That is, until you walk in their shoes for the same amount of time that they did.

• Like 2

Just now, jmccr8 said:

Hi To do list

I see my response confused you. Personally to me god is our ability to see and realize potential change ourselves and our environment so if some guy shows up telling me he is god then it should be fairly simple for him to explain why he believes he is god and what purpose does me believing him serve.

jmccr8

He would have to be able to tell you, by knowing things that only you know. Your experiences on this earth. What other proof would satisfy you. Tricks, as everyone says, are a dime a dozen. And it still boils down to belief. One mans proof, is not the same as others. Its subjective to each individual.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hankenhunter said:

He would have to be able to tell you, by knowing things that only you know. Your experiences on this earth. What other proof would satisfy you. Tricks, as everyone says, are a dime a dozen. And it still boils down to belief. One mans proof, is not the same as others. Its subjective to each individual.

Hi Hankenhunter

Then I guess then I wouldn't need a new one cause the old one works pretty good for me.

jmccr8

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi To do list

jmccr8

I'm not confused at all the emoticon was to engage further reply. I have not stated i am a God at all, I don't believe in any religious regimes. I do however have an interest in peoples belief systems and find that a believers points sometimes do agree with my own, call it a ying and a yang moment.

• Like 2

One more thought experiment. I hear the word hate a lot. What is it? If we are all just animals, then why just us. Animals dont hate. Show me any other organism on earth that hates. Does intelligence automatically bestow the ability to hate? Prove it. With scientific facts. Otherwise, hate is just a construct we created, no? Is it natural, or unnatural?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, To do list said:

I'm not confused at all the emoticon was to engage further reply. I have not stated i am a God at all, I don't believe in any religious regimes. I do however have an interest in peoples belief systems and find that a believers points sometimes do agree with my own, call it a ying and a yang moment.

Hi To do list

I see you thought my response was personally directed to you., you asked what would I ask god so I gave my answer and was not suggesting you were god.

jmccr8

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi To do list

I see you thought my response was personally directed to you., you asked what would I ask god so I gave my answer and was not suggesting you were god.

jmccr8

Everything is questionable and everything is individually approved.

• Like 2