Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The one question you would ask your God.

To do list

2 minutes ago, Will Do said:

Trump :lol:

Here goes the thread :D

Damm. I godwinned the thread. My appologies everyone. It seems that I'm still dragging some political baggage with me. I'll have to work on that. *gets out spiritual scissors*

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Meridian O said:

Hankenhunter did it...:innocent: 

We know.

You're an angel :lol:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

I don't doubt you at all, and you sound very grounded. But, like a certain Men in Black quote which I will steal for illumination purposes, singular humans are level headed intelligent beings, but when we gather in large groups, we are panicky dangerous animals that that are suggestable to the group feed back.

Hi Hank

Thanks. Yes groups of people get worked up through a series of manipulations that work quite well. Personally I think American politicians should smoke pot before debates and would be willing to donate a bag of my homegrown if it would help:lol:

jmccr8

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Will Do said:

Both

Supernatural, yes and I have not cared about it being actual it only mattered to me and that it helped me through at the time, I would not even bother to think beyond the moment. I might share the story but it is more about how interesting the responses from others were. It is like meditation I might get in the  zone for 2 seconds or maybe a few hours what ever happens happens and I let it be and live my life. 

In general, I have a rule of 3 for example, should I get the vaccine? I know 3 doctors well, in fact, 2 of them I work for and they have given me advice the third is a good friend and he gave me advice and all 3 are in essence saying the same thing.

I am getting the vaccine. 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Hank

Thanks. Yes groups of people get worked up through a series of manipulations that work quite well. Personally I think American politicians should smoke pot before debates and would be willing to donate a bag of my homegrown if it would help:lol:

jmccr8

Could you run for president please? I like you! But please donate some purple Kush. Wouldn't want cranky politicians with headaches. We need mellow.:tu:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Supernatural, yes and I have not cared about it being actual it only mattered to me and that it helped me through at the time, I would not even bother to think beyond the moment. I 

In general, I have a rule of 3 for example, should I get the vaccine? I know 3 doctors well, in fact, 2 of them I work for and they have given me advice the third is a good friend and he gave me advice and all 3 are in essence saying the same thing.

I am getting the vaccine. 

They've taken your health to heart. Those are good people. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hankenhunter said:

Could you run for president please? I like you! But please donate some purple Kush. Wouldn't want cranky politicians with headaches. We need mellow.:tu:

Jay is awesome. He is so chill.

• Thanks 3

Just now, Hankenhunter said:

They've taken your health to heart. Those are good people. 

Yes, they have and thank you for your kind words.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Sherapy said:

Jay is awesome. He is so chill.

That's what the world needs right now. 

• Thanks 2

Just now, Hankenhunter said:

That's what the world needs right now. 

Yes, exactly. Jay is a healer IMHO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jay, dont you go getting a swelled head. Puff, puff, pass.:D

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

...the dootchie to the left hand aisle

...the dootchie to the right hand aisle

~

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Jay, dont you go getting a swelled head. Puff, puff, pass.:D

Hi Hank

I won't get a swelled head but I no longer puff and pass I just roll another one for you.:D:tu:

jmccr8

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

Just now, jmccr8 said:

Hi Hank

I won't get a swelled head but I no longer puff and pass I just roll another one for you.:D:tu:

jmccr8

As a Canadian, I can now legally indulge.

Care to share? :D

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

As a Canadian, I can now legally indulge.

Care to share? :D

Hi Nuke

You sure can as long as all of us except the roach waitress stand 6' apart come one come all.:lol::tu:

jmccr8

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

How far is Heaven?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hammerclaw said:

How far is Heaven?

It's within all of us apparently. 

• Like 2

Going back to the original question...

I'd probably ask for the winning numbers of the mega millions lottery,though i suppose that's a bit too "genie'ish" :lol:

4 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

So it's a chemical reaction, is what your saying. Much to simple, and doesn't address all the variables. Also the scans are subjective, because they they have to be interpreted. Not to mention that it is not iron clad proof. They can suggest it, but it's not proof. There's the rub, you can't prove an intangability. You cant prove love, like I cant prove life after death. Both are intangabilities. Both are subjective..

No absolutely not a chemical reaction. That is lust or pleasure not love However if it WAS a chemical reaction, that too could b proven and measured

Love is an intellectual/ conceptual/ abstract construct of our minds 

We  learn to build it inour minds/brains  when and as we receive it from  others and we learn to recreate it when we love another   It is like learning how to ride a bike and then  "just knowing" how to 

Love is a product of a slef aware mind 

Nup the scans aren't subjective (would you say that they were subjective when the y showed a tumour or brain damage? 

The y show the neural energy patterns of the brain Love is NOT intangible nor is hate The y are both real patterns of energy The y can be recorded, stored and replicated 

Love and hate are easily proven to be real things, given modern technologies Life after death requires a better technology, if it is to be proven to exist. 

I have a more interesting question.

Why do you believe that love is intangible and why would you want to believe that ? 

Love is perhaps the strongest driver of human behaviours in the world It is certainly up there, with fear, hate, greed etc.  

Did you  know tha t you can operate a machine, a computer  a wheelchair or an exoskeleton directly from your thoughts ? 

That's because thoughts are directed energy in specific patterns, and, using a computer, they can command any machine  

Something intangible couldn't do that .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Walker said:

No absolutely not a chemical reaction. That is lust or pleasure not love However if it WAS a chemical reaction, that too could b proven and measured

Love is an intellectual/ conceptual/ abstract construct of our minds 

We  learn to build it inour minds/brains  when and as we receive it from  others and we learn to recreate it when we love another   It is like learning how to ride a bike and then  "just knowing" how to 

Love is a product of a slef aware mind 

Nup the scans aren't subjective (would you say that they were subjective when the y showed a tumour or brain damage? 

The y show the neural energy patterns of the brain Love is NOT intangible nor is hate The y are both real patterns of energy The y can be recorded, stored and replicated 

Love and hate are easily proven to be real things, given modern technologies Life after death requires a better technology, if it is to be proven to exist. 

I have a more interesting question.

Why do you believe that love is intangible and why would you want to believe that ? 

Love is perhaps the strongest driver of human behaviours in the world It is certainly up there, with fear, hate, greed etc.  

Did you  know tha t you can operate a machine, a computer  a wheelchair or an exoskeleton directly from your thoughts ? 

That's because thoughts are directed energy in specific patterns, and, using a computer, they can command any machine  

Something intangible couldn't do that .

I agree whole heartedly about love here, and beyond. But it's a choice. You can love, hate, or both at the same time. Love isnt an emotion. It's a state of being. So is living in hate. Its a choice, not an emotion. Anger is an emotion. How bout heroism. Can you measure that? That's a choice, and a state of being. Can you measure altruism,  self sacrifice, pity, and compassion? Love has many levels. Love for a person, love of a location, an inanimate object, love of yourself, religious love, love of wildlife, love painting, and a whole host of others. You cant measure everything. Pictures in a screen that you try to equate to an emotion is not reality. Nor is it measurable.

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

I agree whole heartedly about love here, and beyond. But it's a choice. You can love, hate, or both at the same time. Love isnt an emotion. It's a state of being. So is living in hate. Its a choice, not an emotion. Anger is an emotion. How bout heroism. Can you measure that? That's a choice, and a state of being. Can you measure altruism,  self sacrifice, pity, and compassion? Love has many levels. Love for a person, love of a location, an inanimate object, love of yourself, religious love, love of wildlife, love painting, and a whole host of others. You cant measure everything. Pictures in a screen that you try to equate to an emotion is not reality. Nor is it measurable.

My two cents or add to is this and I think you make good points, but, a loving person can be observed, they act lovingly long enough, consistently one or many would say they are loving, warm and inclusive.For ex: your posts are kind, encouraging, and loving, your posting approach supports this. And, I bet there are 3 posters who would agree, hence my rule of three.

Jay is chill as a rule, the only time he wasn’t the situation was totally appropriate for him to set firm boundaries. So he is chill, but not a push over. Again at least 5 posters would say he is chill. 

And, anyone can say want they want about themselves or what they think about themselves and it will most likely be an appeal only  to their dazzling qualities or the ones they want to have or be defined for. 

I do think that some people create a mental fantasy construct that is about seeing themselves as being loved and loving. Or being special to god, or all kinds of grandiose things. We are all capable of this too. But, a subjective reality or self opinion is not an actuality all by itself. In other words, it isn’t necessarily who a person is in real  life or in their constructed mental life. It is like saying I know god, well the appropriate question is what evidence do you have? Well if it is their dead dog, or witnesses that have long died well that is not evidence so it is fair to conclude it is imagined, or a psychotic split, or made up etc etc. who knows it just isn’t evidence or even something  one can observe for themselves. 

For ex: if a therapist or teacher claims they only have ever helped others and then along come 5 or so who say you didn’t help me in fact, you made me worse. The response will be what to listen for,  say they stand corrected, apologize profusely, and take the feedback to heart and put effort into there own growth as opposed to saying the 5 people are wrong, mistaken and then devalue them instead we can certainly observe that the person is not operating from a healthy normal place, for whatever reasons, it can be all kinds of things, This is not judgmental but a judgment based on available data. 

I personally utilize feedback from others to help me see myself accurately, a rule of 3 or my trusted inner circle in my day to day. 

Over to you...I appreciate feedback and revisions I certainly have my own biases. 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

You are one of the few posters to understand this  ALL human emptions are intellectual constructs (although we also have some animal responses)  Because they are constructs we have to choose to build and maintain them. 

So, when faced with a life event, a person  can choose to feel love or hate, anger or forgiveness,  even grief or joy 

I guess one could love and hate at the same time  but it would be conflicting and possibly detrimental to ones psychological health 

Yep heroism could also be measured as a specific identifiable pattern of neural energy So could cowardice  The y do not exist as just concepts, they exist as real physical patterns of neural energy 

When you choose bravery your brain is in a physically different  state to when you choose cowardice 

While we construct those patterns and can choose which to construct ,once the y are constructed the y become very powerful and often determine our behaviours   

A person who has made themselves into a hero will often behave as a hero and a person who has made themselves into a coward will often act as a coward. unless other compelling circumstances intervene, because the established pattern of neural energy is instructing their body to behave in a certain way   and has to be short circuited, or rerouted,  to allow them to act differently 

The ultimate  (and wrong ) conclusion to the argument that you present is that human qualities are not real physical things.

If the y are not real and physical then they dont exist  

Again, I wonder at the motivation of a person trying to convince themselves that love is not a real physical thing, and does not, thus, exist 

Ps not only are those things real and measurable, the y are potentially transferrable. Thus they can potentially  be transferred or replicated from  one brain to another  

Before long, using current science,  your feeling of joy or anger will be capable of being transmitted to another person,  or multiple   other people,   so that they   feel what you are feeling 

Edited by Mr Walker

6 hours ago, Sherapy said:

My two cents or add to is this and I think you make good points, but, a loving person can be observed, they act lovingly long enough, consistently one or many would say they are loving, warm and inclusive.For ex: your posts are kind, encouraging, and loving, your posting approach supports this. And, I bet there are 3 posters who would agree, hence my rule of three.

Jay is chill as a rule, the only time he wasn’t the situation was totally appropriate for him to set firm boundaries. So he is chill, but not a push over. Again at least 5 posters would say he is chill. 

And, anyone can say want they want about themselves or what they think about themselves and it will most likely be an appeal only  to their dazzling qualities or the ones they want to have or be defined for. 

I do think that some people create a mental fantasy construct that is about seeing themselves as being loved and loving. Or being special to god, or all kinds of grandiose things. We are all capable of this too. But, a subjective reality or self opinion is not an actuality all by itself. In other words, it isn’t necessarily who a person is in real  life or in their constructed mental life. It is like saying I know god, well the appropriate question is what evidence do you have? Well if it is their dead dog, or witnesses that have long died well that is not evidence so it is fair to conclude it is imagined, or a psychotic split, or made up etc etc. who knows it just isn’t evidence or even something  one can observe for themselves. 

For ex: if a therapist or teacher claims they only have ever helped others and then along come 5 or so who say you didn’t help me in fact, you made me worse. The response will be what to listen for,  say they stand corrected, apologize profusely, and take the feedback to heart and put effort into there own growth as opposed to saying the 5 people are wrong, mistaken and then devalue them instead we can certainly observe that the person is not operating from a healthy normal place, for whatever reasons, it can be all kinds of things, This is not judgmental but a judgment based on available data. 

I personally utilize feedback from others to help me see myself accurately, a rule of 3 or my trusted inner circle in my day to day. 

Over to you...I appreciate feedback and revisions I certainly have my own biases. 

The poster's point was tha t behaviour does not always reflect inner belief or thinking, and thus is not a reliable  indictor of it.

Some people maintain a façade of love very convincingly, for years or even decades, if it meets other needs, such as financial support or protection 

Neither does another, or even many peoples' opinions, make it so   Again they can only observe behaviour  not thought 

It will be interesting when thoughts can be used in courts etc to prove guilt or innocence,  and people compelled to have their thoughts read  in court, or before a marriage or business contract     

• Like 1