Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The one question you would ask your God.

To do list

9 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

I was thinking how fun it would be to explore the meaning of truth across paths, eastern and western any ideas on how to frame it?

Frame is a bad idea, it is "meanings" of truth, whenever "one" is called as "the" truth, might as well put a silver bullet in the chamber and call it a day. 

Truth lives, a marked dead truth can only cover as far as it's gravestone is high... 

Just searching or chasing for the truth points the logic down the path of illusion, truth you see or don't, whenever, wherever, however, whatever and if ever... 

That's what I am comfortable with, not saying it is what I say it is. 

~

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Frame is a bad idea, it is "meanings" of truth, whenever "one" is called as "the" truth, might as well put a silver bullet in the chamber and call it a day. 

Truth lives, a marked dead truth can only cover as far as it's gravestone is high... 

Just searching or chasing for the truth points the logic down the path of illusion, truth you see or don't, whenever, wherever, however, whatever and if ever... 

~

Awww, well said. Excellent point.

Edited by Sherapy
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, third_eye said:

~

I was interested in what you said here but especially the part about the silver bullet.  The silver bullet is generally associated with the killing of werewolves.  Or, was it vampires?  I can’t remember.  The silver bullet was good on vampires and werewolves?  In any event, the silver bullet is expensive and requires special craftsmanship, whereas a bullet to the brain need not be silver to be effective.  Just my probably my own ramblings based upon how fruitless the quest for truth is.  Except for those things that we know are true.....prolly the same thing Chris Cornell thought.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Guyver said:

The silver bullet is generally associated with the killing of werewolves.

It's just a figure of speech, poorly chosen perhaps, I meant closer to "magic" bullet but reluctant to invoke the word "magic"

~

Just my probably my own ramblings based upon how fruitless the quest for truth is.

It's not actually ramblings if you know it is a ramble. It is more crucial to know when to ask "Are you ready to ramble?"

~

Except for those things that we know are true.....prolly the same thing Chris Cornell thought.

Chris hit a wall early and late, he still has mountains to climb, but what a view he has seen, eh?

~

Edited by third_eye
Missing link
  • Like 3

To find "truth" one must first unmask it and give it the lie. What's left, when one brushes away the detritus of self-delusion may, in it's distilled form, qualify as "the truth". The exception is almost always the rule.

See the source image

• Like 2

Questioning questions... 

[00.03:45]

~

• Like 2

On 1/7/2021 at 8:54 PM, Guyver said:

I was interested in what you said here but especially the part about the silver bullet.  The silver bullet is generally associated with the killing of werewolves.  Or, was it vampires?  I can’t remember.  The silver bullet was good on vampires and werewolves?  In any event, the silver bullet is expensive and requires special craftsmanship, whereas a bullet to the brain need not be silver to be effective.  Just my probably my own ramblings based upon how fruitless the quest for truth is.  Except for those things that we know are true.....prolly the same thing Chris Cornell thought.

My two cents is the problem is looking for the quick fix that the silver bullet alludes too, as if there is such a thing as magic. 

Coming out of or admitting to oneself that they have been lied to ( literalness as in some approaches to religion and conspiracy theories facing the fact that they have perpetuated it too, is not for the faint of heart the hard part is facing how much one is a willing participant in their own decline into their own self charlatanism.

For me, the silver bullet is critical thinking but it is arduous and time consuming and one needs to be able to have the knowledge, admit to and monitor their own preferred methods of lying and have an ability to hear the feedback and utilize it as opposed to rationalizing, justifying, explaining away, denying, living down the rabbit hole. Even our own brains are wired for lies. The truth isn’t “static” as third eye so wisely points out, it is IMHO contextual, one must do the hard work of going through the drill what is the evidence, and often come up empty, many look no further than what someone else said...some spread lies as truth. 

We have defense mechanisms that we cannot even see in ourselves, we are naturally prone to a subjective component, objectivity is hard work on any given day and requires a healthy ego, as opposed to a big or narcissistic ego. One must know the difference. 

Your thoughts, over to you.

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Sherapy said:

My two cents is the problem is looking for the quick fix that the silver bullet alludes too, as if there is such a thing as magic. 

Coming out of or admitting to oneself that they have been lied to ( literalness as in some approaches to religion and conspiracy theories facing the fact that they have perpetuated it too, is not for the faint of heart the hard part is facing how much one is a willing participant in their own decline into their own self charlatanism.

For me, the silver bullet is critical thinking but it is arduous and time consuming and one needs to be able to have the knowledge, admit to and monitor their own preferred methods of lying and have an ability to hear the feedback and utilize it as opposed to rationalizing, justifying, explaining away, denying, living down the rabbit hole. Even our own brains are wired for lies. The truth isn’t “static” as third eye so wisely points out, it is IMHO contextual, one must do the hard work of going through the drill what is the evidence, and often come up empty, many look no further than what someone else said...some spread lies as truth. 

We have defense mechanisms that we cannot even see in ourselves, we are naturally prone to a subjective component, objectivity is hard work on any given day and requires a healthy ego, as opposed to a big or narcissistic ego. One must know the difference. 

Your thoughts, over to you.

Well said.  I don’t think I could add anything to it.  I especially like your last paragraph.

• Thanks 1