Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The one question you would ask your God.

To do list

One last time, with feeling. Deja vu  can be mild, or it can be very intense. To the point of uncomfortability. Science says it's because the experience is cause by a simaler action that we had in the past. Yet reincarnationists, believe we experience it because of a past life experience done over but didn't learn the total lesson that you we're supposed to learn. Neither side has definitive concrete proof. Who's right? It's subjective. Your experiences will either confirm it,  or deny it. Again, subjective.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

One last time, with feeling. Deja vu  can be mild, or it can be very intense. To the point of uncomfortability. Science says it's because the experience is cause by a simaler action that we had in the past. Yet reincarnationists, believe we experience it because of a past life experience done over but didn't learn the total lesson that you we're supposed to learn. Neither side has definitive concrete proof. Who's right? It's subjective. Your experiences will either confirm it,  or deny it. Again, subjective.

Either a God placed a memory blocker at some point of our individual progression or aliens hold the reset switch. Neither can be proven but both are plausible in a faith based belief system called humanity. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, To do list said:

If such a thing exists of course. But if your God stood before you, what one question would you ask and why?

What happened with the apocalypse? :rolleyes:

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

But can you prove it? That's the question,  and it's funny. Athiests, church members, skeptics, and apithests, all say that they love their parents. I say you don't. Prove it. You may say, and show all the things that you do, and say shows your love. Does it? I could counter with, "well I think you did those things to cash in on the will." This is the thought experiment for the skeptics. To show that sometimes there just isn't tangible evidence. That is, until you walk in their shoes for the same amount of time that they did.

Proving it is easy these days.

Just use an enhanced Mri scan to record brain activity and identify the pattern which equates to love.  If you  have it, you are in love or love someone.

If you don't, then you are not 

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/what-goes-on-in-our-brains-when-we-are-in-love/

https://academic.oup.com/scan/article/7/2/145/1622197

Edited by Mr Walker

1 minute ago, To do list said:

Either a God placed a memory blocker at some point of our individual progression or aliens hold the reset switch. Neither can be proven but both are plausible in a faith based belief system called humanity. 

There is no a god, which implies more than one god. All other gods were a simple interpretational mix up of the one true god. The supreme energy of this universe, and others. All of today's gods, are the same god. We just apply  our racial, and enviroment bias to it. It's still the same god. If everyone realized this, religious wars would be over. No suspicions at your neighbor because because he's one of those( insert religion here) people who give me the creeps.

• Like 3

Just now, Meridian O said:

They usually happen during presidential changes it provokes godly and ungodly actions.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, To do list said:

They usually happen during presidential changes it provokes godly and ungodly actions.

Still on the cards then! 

• Haha 1

Just now, Meridian O said:

That's a human construct. If it was real, we would feel it. Humans are very intuitive. Now if aliens decided to come forward,  and announce themselves, that would be a paradigm change, and quite possibly an apocalypse. Real/imaginary. Forced proof by religeon/ or subjective, and collective experience of the masses.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

That's a human construct. If it was real, we would feel it. Humans are very intuitive. Now if aliens decided to come forward,  and announce themselves, that would be a paradigm change, and quite possibly an apocalypse. Real/imaginary. Forced proof by religeon/ or subjective, and collective experience of the masses.

Quite a conundrum there!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

Proving it is easy these days.

Just use an enhanced Mri scan to record brain activity and identify the pattern which equates to love.  If you  have it, you are in love or love someone.

If you don't, then you are not 

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/what-goes-on-in-our-brains-when-we-are-in-love/

https://academic.oup.com/scan/article/7/2/145/1622197

So it's a chemical reaction, is what your saying. Much to simple, and doesn't address all the variables. Also the scans are subjective, because they they have to be interpreted. Not to mention that it is not iron clad proof. They can suggest it, but it's not proof. There's the rub, you can't prove an intangability. You cant prove love, like I cant prove life after death. Both are intangabilities. Both are subjective..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hankenhunter said:

So it's a chemical reaction, is what your saying. Much to simple, and doesn't address all the variables. Also the scans are subjective, because they they have to be interpreted. Not to mention that it is not iron clad proof. They can suggest it, but it's not proof. There's the rub, you can't prove an intangability. You cant prove love, like I cant prove life after death. Both are intangabilities. Both are subjective..

Science is another form of worship is it not.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Now if aliens decided to come forward,  and announce themselves, that would be a paradigm change

Hi Hankenhunter

It would change some things depending on first contact but it is not the same as meeting a god concept as most people on this planet agree for the potential of life in the universe because we exist. To me an alien is no different than me because it would have to evolved in similar senses like seeing and realizing potential, being able to change/adapt themselves and their environment so other than tech or physical appearance we are the same.

jmccr8

Edited by jmccr8
spulling
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, To do list said:

Science is another form of worship is it not.

Absolutely. Very astute.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Hankenhunter

It would change some things depending on first contact but it is not the same as meeting a god concept as most people on this planet agree for the potential of life in the universe because we exist. To me an alien is no different in me because it would have to evolved in similar senses like seeing and realizing potential, being able to change/adapt themselves and their environment so other than tech or physical appearance we are the same.

jmccr8

Very well said. But, what about the people that have been taught that we are alone in the universe. How many is that? Millions, a billion human beings? How will they react? How do humans naturally react to the unknown? I've watched many scanarios on this theme played out, and it never ends well. Remember the old saying, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Tell me, who are squeakier than people who belong to organised religeons? None. Ex. Trump being voted for almost overwhelmingly by evangelicals. Look what their support of Trump has done to America even though he is anathema because of theirs beliefs. To ignore this is both dangerous, and foolish. Humans can, and do extremely stupid things when their scared. Multiply that by several magnitudes, and what happens? Chaos, and a human stampede. Could anything be more dangerous?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Hankenhunter

It would change some things depending on first contact but it is not the same as meeting a god concept as most people on this planet agree for the potential of life in the universe because we exist. To me an alien is no different than me because it would have to evolved in similar senses like seeing and realizing potential, being able to change/adapt themselves and their environment so other than tech or physical appearance we are the same.

jmccr8

To a logical beings, they are us, and we are them. But, since when are humans as a whole logical? Individuals yes, as a whole, no.

• Like 2

What an exhilarating topic. And no insults, or derogatory comments. Is that a U.M first? I'm very impressed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Just now, Hankenhunter said:

What an exhilarating topic. And no insults, or derogatory comments. Is that a U.M first? I'm very impressed.

A God may disagree with you...:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Meridian O said:

A God may disagree with you...:D

You mean Trump?:P Call me Hank,or Hanky, as some here like to call me. Less typing for you. I don't mind at all. I consider it an endearment.

Edited by Hankenhunter

3 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

what about the people that have been taught that we are alone in the universe. How many is that? Millions, a billion human beings?

Hi Hankenhunter

I don't know but I have grown up with plenty of sci-fi and alien conspiracies and sci-fi has been popular for at least the last100 years as publications go so I would think a very low percentage.

7 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Remember the old saying, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

sometimes it's better to just get a new one and throw the squeeky one in the bin

9 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Tell me, who are squeakier than people who belong to organised religeons? None. Ex. Trump being voted for almost overwhelmingly by evangelicals. Look what their support of Trump has done to America even though he is anathema because of theirs beliefs. To ignore this is both dangerous, and foolish. Humans can, and do extremely stupid things when their scared. Multiply that by several magnitudes, and what happens? Chaos, and a human stampede. Could anything be more dangerous?

I'm a pretty laid back kind of guy so likely wouldn't get caught in a stampede( actually we have a Stampede every year but was cancelled this year) .

Yes chaos goes on all the time and yet most of us will be here tomorrow I focus on trying to live a just life and will deal with what comes up no different than any other day.

jmccr8

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Hankenhunter said:

You mean Trump?:P

Na! It's very obvious (to most) that Donald Trump is not a god...:rolleyes: However! Trump has served a purpose...:P 

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

To a logical beings, they are us, and we are them. But, since when are humans as a whole logical? Individuals yes, as a whole, no.

Hi Hank

I tend to see a portion of the population that are logic specific to only some aspects of life and do not apply it universally.

jmccr8

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Will Do said:

That's an interesting way to look at it. It has never occurred to me that one person's subjective and quite personal religious experiences are valid for someone else. 

Goes to show then, how different the validity of a person's evidence for experiences really are.

I'm curious. Do you have evidences or experiences that have caused you to consider them as an actuality eventhough those evidences are useless for anyone else?

Great question. 

Do you mean supernatural or in general?

• Like 1

Trump :lol:

Here goes the thread :D

• Haha 1

Just now, Sherapy said:

Great question. 

Do you mean supernatural or in general?

Both

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Hankenhunter

I don't know but I have grown up with plenty of sci-fi and alien conspiracies and sci-fi has been popular for at least the last100 years as publications go so I would think a very low percentage.

sometimes it's better to just get a new one and throw the squeeky one in the bin

I'm a pretty laid back kind of guy so likely wouldn't get caught in a stampede( actually we have a Stampede every year but was cancelled this year) .

Yes chaos goes on all the time and yet most of us will be here tomorrow I focus on trying to live a just life and will deal with what comes up no different than any other day.

jmccr8

I don't doubt you at all, and you sound very grounded. But, like a certain Men in Black quote which I will steal for illumination purposes, singular humans are level headed intelligent beings, but when we gather in large groups, we are panicky dangerous animals that that are suggestable to the group feed back.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1