Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Florida bound boat goes missing

thedutchiedutch

The search off the Florida coast for a missing boat with about 20 people on board has been suspended, the US Coast Guard said Friday.

The Coast Guard received a report Tuesday that the blue and white 29-foot Mako Cuddy Cabin boat, last known to be departing Bimini in the Bahamas on Monday, did not arrive as expected in Lake Worth, Florida, according to a Coast Guard news release.

Ships and aircraft from the US Air Force, Coast Guard, the Bahamian military and a volunteer group in the Bahamas searched approximately 17,000 square miles for about 84 hours, the release said.

"Our thoughts and prayers go out to the families of the missing people," said Capt. Stephen V. Burdian, the Coast Guard's Seventh District chief of response. "I encourage anyone with information about the people aboard to contact us as soon as possible."

The Coast Guard didn't release the name of the missing vessel.

Link to Article : https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/01/us/florida-coast-guard-suspends-search/index.html

Edited by thedutchiedutch
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 7

29 foot boat with 20 people on board?? what is it, á refugee boat? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Bermuda Triangle strikes again?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I used to live in Florida, and I've seen this before. Not saying this is the case here, but many prior incidents were directly the result of an uncontrollable on-board fire that sinks the ship.

Sometimes, not all (if any) of the passengers had time to put on life vests (if there were even enough vests on-board)

Again, I could be totally wrong in this case.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Nope natural selection.... 20 people in that boat :

iphone-8-13-croped-jpg.624151

Edited by Jon the frog
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Jon the frog said:

Nope natural selection.... 20 people in that boat :

iphone-8-13-croped-jpg.624151

Fl to Bahamas back and forth trips are fairly common, and even in smaller craft

Right, 20 would be crowded and our weather is odd and unpredictable while fire is possible i would lean to freak weather or seas, waves, water spouts Qanon powells kraken ( jk )

• Like 1

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

Ive been in it countless times and my skeptic super powers have always kept me safe, however papa i would recommend you avoid the entire fl east coast we wouldnt want to lose you.

• Like 1

Did the Coast Guard allude to any critical weather or sea conditions?

Just asking...

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, pallidin said:

Did the Coast Guard allude to any critical weather or sea conditions?

Just asking...

They dont really need to, you lived here you know about rouge waves, water spouts, small isolated storms, they very well might not be seen and reported, many times while on the coast ive looked out and seen "conditions" that could have created havoc for any small craft and this one was grossly overloaded.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, the13bats said:

They dont really need to, you lived here you know about rouge waves, water spouts, small isolated storms, they very well might not be seen and reported, many times while on the coast ive looked out and seen "conditions" that could have created havoc for any small craft and this one was grossly overloaded.

Yeah, true. I lived there for 18 years (born and raised there) in Fort Pierce. Vero Beach, Port St. Lucie, Fort Lauderdale I also lived in.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, pallidin said:

Yeah, true. I lived there for 18 years (born and raised there) in Fort Pierce. Vero Beach, Port St. Lucie, Fort Lauderdale I also lived in.

you know what im talking about ive been here all my life ive seen crazy stuff off the coast,

Say, I used to go down back to my home town (Fort Pierce) once every year for many years, than I stopped when my brother down there died.

Maybe, if it's OK with you at some point in the future, I can go down there (I'm in Montana) and we can meet and have a few beers!!

I would love it, because I love Florida, but my brothers death kind-of kicked me in the ass.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Ive been in it countless times and my skeptic super powers have always kept me safe, however papa i would recommend you avoid the entire fl east coast we wouldnt want to lose you.

I’m thinking you must have psychic insight to say that. I am on the Florida east coast as I type now (Miami). And to add to the coincidence I just opted out of a glass bottom boat tour (sea sickness prone (not Bermuda Triangle fears)).

Odd mention on your part, Bats old chap. You’re not going to lose me because of the triangle!!

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

That's what I was thinking, is Bimini near the bermuda triange?   I guess I will look at a map.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, pallidin said:

Say, I used to go down back to my home town (Fort Pierce) once every year for many years, than I stopped when my brother down there died.

Maybe, if it's OK with you at some point in the future, I can go down there (I'm in Montana) and we can meet and have a few beers!!

I would love it, because I love Florida, but my brothers death kind-of kicked me in the ass.

Sure thing, i dont drink alcohol, but you have a beer and ill grab club soda or coke,

And very sorry about your brother.

I was born in jacksonville then when little moved to orlando after 46 years bailed out here to eustis.

50 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I’m thinking you must have psychic insight to say that. I am on the Florida east coast as I type now (Miami). And to add to the coincidence I just opted out of a glass bottom boat tour (sea sickness prone (not Bermuda Triangle fears)).

Odd mention on your part, Bats old chap. You’re not going to lose me because of the triangle!!

I make zero claims to special powers, i just know a lot more bad stuff seems to happen to true believers and the worlds a brighter place with you in it.

You might consider checking out the corral castle down that way, perhaps pop over and grab a skunk ape T shirt,

And try to be covid safe its pretty bad down south,

• Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

That's what I was thinking, is Bimini near the bermuda triange?   I guess I will look at a map.

Bimini is in it I believe. Where the controversial Bimini Road is to be found. I also speculate Atlantean crystals may be responsible for some of the triangle’s weirdness. Bats’ll buy into that too I have no doubt.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

40 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Bimini is in it I believe. Where the controversial Bimini Road is to be found. I also speculate Atlantean crystals may be responsible for some of the triangle’s weirdness. Bats’ll buy into that too I have no doubt.

Sorry, i dont buy into any BT folklore and stories, neither does the navy, marines, coast guard or any insurance company.

BT, was made up by a fiction writer for a pulp magazine

I take it there were no social distancing rules or passenger limits to prevent Covid transmission aboard the boat?  If it happened in British waters they would be found and arrested.  Was it a new years party and somebody brought dodgy fireworks aboard?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Space Commander Travis said:

29 foot boat with 20 people on board?? what is it, á refugee boat

If so, and the cause of it's disappearance was undetermined, Mr. Farage will become very interested.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2021 at 1:23 PM, the13bats said:

Sure thing, i dont drink alcohol, but you have a beer and ill grab club soda or coke,

And very sorry about your brother.

I was born in jacksonville then when little moved to orlando after 46 years bailed out here to eustis.

I make zero claims to special powers, i just know a lot more bad stuff seems to happen to true believers and the worlds a brighter place with you in it.

You might consider checking out the corral castle down that way, perhaps pop over and grab a skunk ape T shirt,

And try to be covid safe its pretty bad down south,

I went to grade school in Mt. Dora raised in sorrento. Alot of my family lives in eustis.  Crazy.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, InconceivableThoughts said:

I went to grade school in Mt. Dora raised in sorrento. Alot of my family lives in eustis.  Crazy.

My condolences :D

When did you leave fl?

1 hour ago, the13bats said:

My condolences :D

When did you leave fl?

When I was 14 . Moved to Alabama  of all places. Know of any Reynolds or Catoe's?

Edited by InconceivableThoughts

43 minutes ago, InconceivableThoughts said:

When I was 14 . Moved to Alabama  of all places. Know of any Reynolds or Catoe's?

I cant imagine Alabama is all that big a change, ive only been there a few hours over the years,

So you didnt make itto highschool before your move, Im 56 and my extent of people i know from mt dora and the area would date back to late 80s early 90s ( i was still in orlando then ) when a friend married a girl from mt dora but oddly i cant recall her maiden last name,

3 hours ago, aztek said:

what is the boats origin of departure??

On 1/2/2021 at 10:17 AM, thedutchiedutch said:

The Coast Guard received a report Tuesday that the blue and white 29-foot Mako Cuddy Cabin boat, last known to be departing Bimini in the Bahamas on Monday, did not arrive as expected in Lake Worth, Florida, according to a Coast Guard news release.