Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

An alien visited in 2017, says Harvard prof

Eldorado

I have seen no such claims being made in any of the scientific literature I have encountered on the topic.

Check this paper out--rather fascinating: 1I-HSTpaper_final (hawaii.edu)

Now: that being said...

He has >=800 papers published and has an h-index (basically a "metric" of quantity and quality of his contributions in his field) of 113 which is pretty good, if I'm not mistaken (resident scientists please correct me). Whether or not the content of the book substantiated is another matter, but it will definitely be fascinating to see how this professor approaches support for his claims.

I'm actually looking forward to both reading this and researching any and all of  his claims found within.

• Like 2

Fact: Higher education doesn't make you any more truthful, smarter OR better looking. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, HandsomeGorilla said:

Fact: Higher education doesn't make you any more truthful, smarter OR better looking. 

Of course not.

I am still interested in how he reaches his conclusions, though.

• Like 3

I’ve read some interviews of his... the guy has a pretty sound hypothesis imo. He has a lot of mathematical evidence to back up his ideas. 

• Like 3

Until we have one talking on CNN the scared deniers will just laugh it all off, That's how scientific it gets.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

I do hope his book sells well ;)

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, HandsomeGorilla said:

Yes it does on all three. Try it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

15 hours ago, HandsomeGorilla said:

LIES!

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, psyche101 said:

And wallow in a dreadlock holiday.

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Trump attended Fordham University for two years and received a bachelor's degree in economics from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, To do list said:

Until we have one talking on CNN the scared deniers will just laugh it all off, That's how scientific it gets.

No, nothing like that. But the blurry, shaky videos and stories are not cutting it right now. To make these claims believable, they've got to do better.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 1/4/2021 at 11:24 AM, To do list said:

While the gullible believers will present any crap as evidence.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Well I think that the only thing that really glues the Western World together is the 30 year mortgage. If the aliens come this afternoon or not, the mortgage still must be paid this month.

Your teenagers still need braces, the car still needs a tune up, your wife wants that trip to Mexico and your boss is expecting that proposal you have been working on for three weeks on his desk at 9am tomorrow morning.

Aliens or not your entire life depends on the money you make and right or wrong, aliens being here on the planet Earth will not change that. I just do not buy into the "civilization will crash once the aliens arrive" argument. Its nonsense. If anything by the second week once everyone realizes that essentially nothing changes all alien stories will be in the Leisure and Travel section of the Sunday paper. And they will get just about as much interest.

No, it won't make much difference after about two weeks down here on terra firma.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/3/2021 at 12:52 PM, Nuclear Wessel said:

Of course not.

I am still interested in how he reaches his conclusions, though.

I think his first step is....bending over.

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, seanjo said:

He's one Professor out of thousands. I'd love it to be an Alien device, but I highly doubt it was, and unless we send something to catch it and examine it, we will never know for sure.

I volunteer.

• Haha 1

"For professor of astronomy Avi Loeb of Harvard University however, the answer is clear - this unassuming space rock, he believes, is a piece of advanced extraterrestrial technology.
In a new book set to be published later this month (Extraterrestrial: The First Sign of Intelligent Life Beyond Earth), Loeb outlines the case for believing that 'Oumuamua is more than meets the eye."

So..., astronomy prof at Harvard not paying so well these days? Still have to write some alien stories? 

And as a bonus, there's another career opening up for him at History channel soon.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 1/5/2021 at 6:52 AM, Eldorado said:

Trump attended Fordham University for two years and received a bachelor's degree in economics from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.

Fake news. Rigged degrees

:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, seanjo said:

You failed on point one just there.

I've got an HNC which is counted as HE and I'm very, very ugly.

You obviously cheated. How else could that possibly happen?

On 1/4/2021 at 10:54 AM, To do list said:

1 What's to be scared of?

2 What actually is there to deny?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

1 What's to be scared of?

2 What actually is there to deny?

Hi

48 minutes ago, To do list said:

Hi

I can deny that you exist? What are you saying man, spit it out. 

Just now, psyche101 said:

I can deny that you exist? What are you saying man, spit it out. 

My covid mask doesn't allow for spitting. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, To do list said:

My covid mask doesn't allow for spitting. 

Always an excuse... :rolleyes:

On 1/4/2021 at 10:54 AM, To do list said:

I have a challenge for you, TDL.

Will you walk the walk?  I'll even let you pick whatever you think is the best evidence, not only from this guy but anyone you choose (probably would be polite to stick to this dude and keep it ontopic, but whatever).

Up for it?  I am.

• Like 3