Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mass UFO sighting reported over Hawaii

UM-Bot

It seems that people can never keep their phone/camera still when recording UFO videos...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, eddword said:

Thats incorrect. A used, for example, Canon SLR + a used tripod + Canon Software EOS Utility will fit the base requirements for lousy 300$ or so.

Thats incorrect as well because all "UFO footages" are garbage. Also "witness testimonials like "I was walking my brothers dog and all of a sudden a bright orange light yadayada/without any noiseyadayada/it floated over the river and thenyadayada."

There are tens of thousands amateur astronomers and falling star hunters also using state of the art equipment but until today, not a ******* single sharp and clear image was taken and published, showing a craft of supposed extraterrestrial origin.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

31 minutes ago, toast said:

Thats incorrect. A used, for example, Canon SLR + a used tripod + Canon Software EOS Utility will fit the base requirements for lousy 300$ or so.

Thats incorrect as well because all "UFO footages" are garbage. Also "witness testimonials like "I was walking my brothers dog and all of a sudden a bright orange light yadayada/without any noiseyadayada/it floated over the river and thenyadayada."

There are tens of thousands amateur astronomers and falling star hunters also using state of the art equipment but until today, not a ******* single sharp and clear image was taken and published, showing a craft of supposed extraterrestrial origin.

It's just because people with good equipment don't waste time taking pictur of mylar balloon, drone with christmas light and airliner making condensation...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Oh it'll be a balloon. 

Or an anomaly from a volcano.

Oh nearly forgot, maybe mass hysteria.

Or the planet Venus

A blimp.

It just cannot ever be a UFO.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

Oh it'll be a balloon. 

Or the planet Venus

A blimp.

Well if we accept that UFO is Unidentified Flying Object, then your last statement is not true: there are lots of videos with UFOs in them; there's just never been any evidence for ET crafts, assuming that's what you were referring to in your last statement.

• Thanks 4

Hang glider

2 hours ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

Oh it'll be a balloon. 

Or the planet Venus

A blimp.

You forgot space junk that left it's orbit.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Trelane said:

You forgot space junk that left it's orbit.

I have doubts s/he know what space junk is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, toast said:

I have doubts s/he know what space junk is.

It’s a damn good tune.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

It just cannot ever be a UFO

You are so very , very wrong i see "UFOs" almost any time i look very long at the sky a lot of people see them, because we dont know what the object really is by definition it is a UFO = unidentified flying object :tu:

You guys always always get really combative over sighting threads. It’s almost like you have a stake in the overall opinion or something. Which you don’t. But that’s the way people on this site act. You get whipped up in a strange frenzy if anyone believes that something is extra-terrestrial. 
I honestly don’t care. You entertain me. Just pointing it out.

Edited by Nobu
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, eddword said:

Dejarma,... Have you ever tried to take a video of an airplane, let alone a UFO at night. high in the sky,  with your camera/phone, while zooming in on it?

I have...  First up, you need to lean against something.  Second, DON'T use digital zoom.  Didn't you know either of those?  Are you expert enough to comment?

It takes very advanced cameras and expensive equipment , and usually a tripod, to render any kind of  high quality results.

The point is that 99% of footage like this is NEEDLESSLY woeful and COULD easily be dramatically improved by just a little bit of understanding on what to do.  I've posted a thread on this - I'll link to it later - don't have time right now..

That is why the majority of UFO footage is garbage. Most People are using inferior video equipment, trying to video objects at a distance. At the spur of the moment.

What about those like me, who have decent camera equipment?  I have a tripod in the back of my car, and my beloved Sony a57 DSLR plus Minolta 'Beercan' telephoto lens, with built in IS, is always nearby.  Some of these sightings go on for long periods...  I guess us enthusiasts are just SOOOOO unlucky..  All the UFO's I initially see are actually pretty easily identifiable, so I don't bother.

I must post some examples to show what I mean.  I just have too much life going on right now..

Still waiting for a good one...

• Like 3

17 hours ago, toast said:

There are tens of thousands amateur astronomers and falling star hunters also using state of the art equipment but until today, not a ******* single sharp and clear image was taken and published, showing a craft of supposed extraterrestrial origin

So, they were in the wrong place at the wrong time is all you are saying?

Edited by openozy

4 hours ago, Nobu said:

You guys always always get really combative over sighting threads. It’s almost like you have a stake in the overall opinion or something. Which you don’t. But that’s the way people on this site act. You get whipped up in a strange frenzy if anyone believes that something is extra-terrestrial. 
I honestly don’t care. You entertain me. Just pointing it out.

It's called fear.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, openozy said:

So, they were in the wrong place at the wrong time is all you are saying?

So, the UFO heads with potato equipment, shaky hands and focus problems were at the correct places is all you are saying? And the tens of thousands with advanced equiment and skills not a single time, during the last decades?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, toast said:

So, the UFO heads with potato equipment, shaky hands and focus problems were at the correct places is all you are saying? And the tens of thousands with advanced equiment and skills not a single time, during the last decades?

They could be avoiding anyone that would be a threat?

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Over the past fifteen years or so, we have seen an enormous increase in both the amount and quality of our worldwide sky surveillance.  From agencies in government, commercial and military sectors ADDED to the individuals with increasing quality smartphones, and those like me who can now afford to own incredibly high quality cameras at a fraction of the cost that they used to be....

And just look at the results...? LESS sightings or claims.  Why?  Well it's pretty bleedingly obvious - when you use decent cameras and techniques, you can IDENTIFY the subjects.  What's more, if you aren't close enough to get a decent shot, then there are thousands of other folks who will be closer, and they WILL identify it and likely not bother to whack it on Youtube.

This isn't rocket science...  THINK.

But for those who do not think..?  All we get are lame excuses - I guess them damn alienz have now developed - just in time (who woulda thort :D ) - 'Thunderbirds'-style camera-detection systems.  When I'm nearby with my DSLR and 450mm equiv. telephoto... alarm bells go off in any alienz craft within 20km, and ... they turn their lights off.  Funny why they have those lights on in the first place, but that's another story....

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

Funny why they have those lights on in the first place, but that's another story....

Just that alone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

When I'm nearby with my DSLR and 450mm equiv. telephoto... alarm bells go off in any alienz craft within 20km, and

I doubt they would bother.

15 hours ago, openozy said:

It's called fear.

That door swings both ways :yes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1