Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mass UFO sighting reported over Hawaii

UM-Bot

Not even a solid object. A reflection or some type of atmospheric phenomenon. Try harder next time.

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2021 at 8:07 PM, Nobu said:

You guys always always get really combative over sighting threads. It’s almost like you have a stake in the overall opinion or something. Which you don’t. But that’s the way people on this site act. You get whipped up in a strange frenzy if anyone believes that something is extra-terrestrial. 
I honestly don’t care. You entertain me. Just pointing it out.

I don't think anyone is "whipped into a frenzy". What I see is people posting and offering rational, real world explanations to sightings and objects recorded or photographed. When the counter arguments devolve into "Nah you guys just have be skeptics because (insert reason).." is where we run into an issue. Believers will not or cannot accept rational explanations. They have to have the extraterrestrial answer which satisfies them on a subconscious level and not on an intellectual level.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 1/3/2021 at 10:21 AM, toast said:

Thats incorrect. A used, for example, Canon SLR + a used tripod + Canon Software EOS Utility will fit the base requirements for lousy 300$ or so.

Most people don’t have a 300 dollar camera. Even the ones that do often don’t have it on them all the time. His point stands. 

Thats incorrect as well because all "UFO footages" are garbage. Also "witness testimonials like "I was walking my brothers dog and all of a sudden a bright orange light yadayada/without any noiseyadayada/it floated over the river and thenyadayada."

No his point is completely valid. Most of these videos are taken with inferior phone cameras. 

Also many witness testimonies come from people of all walks of life, many of whom give great detail. I have never once heard any witness say “yada”

Edited by preacherman76

On 1/5/2021 at 12:33 AM, Hyperionxvii said:

Not even a solid object. A reflection or some type of atmospheric phenomenon. Try harder next time.

Reflections and atmospheric phenomena don’t plug into the ocean. 

8 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Reflections and atmospheric phenomena don’t plug into the ocean. 

Where's the video of a solid object plunging into the ocean? That clearly is not a solid object, let alone space aliens. 

31 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Most people don’t have a 300 dollar camera. Even the ones that do often don’t have it on them all the time. His point stands. 

He spoke about "very advanved equipment" so you missed his point and therefore you cannot claim his point, which was another than you think, to remain valid.

No his point is completely valid. Most of these videos are taken with inferior phone cameras.

If his point is completely valid and "most" of these videos are taken with inferior phone cameras, where are the rare other videos, showing an aircraft of supposed extraterrestrial origin in a clear and well focused manner? Where are they, tell me.

Also many witness testimonies come from people of all walks of life, many of whom give great detail.

Great detail isnt an indicator for plausibility, its a result of knowledge of science fiction.

I have never once heard any witness say “yada”

Yada

PS: I hope you are not an attorney or something like that.

52 minutes ago, toast said:

He spoke about "very advanved equipment" so you missed his point and therefore you cannot claim his point, which was another than you think, to remain valid.

If his point is completely valid and "most" of these videos are taken with inferior phone cameras, where are the rare other videos, showing an aircraft of supposed extraterrestrial origin in a clear and well focused manner? Where are they, tell me.

Great detail isnt an indicator for plausibility, its a result of knowledge of science fiction.

Yada

PS: I hope you are not an attorney or something like that.

His point was most ufo videos are taken with cell phones. That is a fact. 

BTW UFO’s exist. Flying saucers exist. This is a fact. I don’t blame people who have never seen them for not believing that, but the fact is you are wrong. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

His point was most ufo videos are taken with cell phones. That is a fact. 

Again, where are "the other" videos, the clear and well focussed ones?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, toast said:

Again, where are "the other" videos, the clear and well focussed ones?

Probably on YouTube. You’d have to spend time looking for them to find them. Then you’d have to figure a way to know whether or not they were faked or whatever. At this point video footage is basically irrelevant. 

10 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Probably on YouTube. You’d have to spend time looking for them to find them. Then you’d have to figure a way to know whether or not they were faked or whatever. At this point video footage is basically irrelevant. 

Thanks for your confirmation that you dont know about any clear and well focussed videos of aircrafts of supposed extraterrestrial origin. Means, your former distinction between lousy videos and good/perfect ones cannot be valid as there is one type missing for a distinction. Nothingburger.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, toast said:

Thanks for your confirmation that you dont know about any clear and well focussed videos of aircrafts of supposed extraterrestrial origin. Means, your former distinction between lousy videos and good/perfect ones cannot be valid as there is one type missing for a distinction. Nothingburger.

If you don’t believe most ufo videos are taken on cell phones, which of course is common sense, I don’t know what to tell ya. 

Honestly I couldn’t care less about video. I’ve see the real McCoy. They exist. 

• Like 1

A lot of cell phones today have better cameras than expensive DSLR cameras did a few years ago. So that is not an excuse. Also, get an expert on video to say that video is a solid object and that indeed it is a space ship. And that it 'plunged into the ocean'. LOL. Humans are very capable of believing what they want to believe, despite zero evidence of it. 

Edited by Hyperionxvii

Just now, Hyperionxvii said:

A lot of cell phones today have better cameras than expensive DSLR cameras did a few years ago. So that is not an excuse. Also, get an expert on video to say that video is a solid object and that indeed it is a space ship, lol. 

They do? I have a 2020 I phone. While the video is much better than the last one I had, it definitely isn’t going to take good videos of objects high in the sky. 

It isn’t an excuse, it’s just a fact 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Video? Photos? 

7 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

If you don’t believe most ufo videos are taken on cell phones, which of course is common sense, I don’t know what to tell ya.

I never took into question that there a videos taken with smartphones showing something thats declared by the author as to be an aircraft of supposed extraterrestrial origin by mistake.

Sure.

• Thanks 1

On 1/3/2021 at 2:23 PM, Nuclear Wessel said:

It seems that people can never keep their phone/camera still when recording UFO videos...

you'll never know which dead celebrety is riding the UFO, it might be Elvis or Djisas, the enthusiasm is real

1 minute ago, toast said:

Sure.

Just like bigfoot. Despite this large primate having lived among us for thousands of years, not one body.

Despite the fact that we have advanced tech now capable of detecting and recording alien visitors, zero evidence. 

We're just supposed to believe. Because reasons. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Hyperionxvii said:

Just like bigfoot. Despite this large primate having lived among us for thousands of years, not one body.

Despite the fact that we have advanced tech now capable of detecting and recording alien visitors, zero evidence. 

We're just supposed to believe. Because reasons. 

There is plenty of footage of real aliens but people like u dismiss them as someone wearing a costumes ...people like u are just hopeless

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, ufoguy said:

There is plenty of footage of real aliens but people like u dismiss them as someone wearing a costumes ...people like u are just hopeless

Show me some. The ball is in your court. In fact, I said there is not real footage of Aliens. So, prove me wrong. You have all the opportunity in the world. If you can prove it, you'll also be very famous, because no one else can.

Being skeptical is not being stubborn. Believing in things that are not proven and calling other people stubborn for not believing it... That is stubborn. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Hyperionxvii said:

Show me some. The ball is in your court. In fact, I said there is not real footage of Aliens. So, prove me wrong. You have all the opportunity in the world. If you can prove it, you'll also be very famous, because no one else can.

Being skeptical is not being stubborn. Believing in things that are not proven and calling other people stubborn for not believing it... That is stubborn. 

In other words u want to see the alien in person because no footage in this universe is going to convince you....hopefully one day an alien comes to see u then we'll see if you'll sing the same tune

19 minutes ago, ufoguy said:

In other words u want to see the alien in person because no footage in this universe is going to convince you....hopefully one day an alien comes to see u then we'll see if you'll sing the same tune

Nope, I absolutely can be convinced if you show me proof.

I'm not asking you to bring the alien over to my house. Just tell me what you think is proof, and present it.

"no footage in this universe"

The universe. So exactly where do you think those aliens live that they our currently coming to visit us?

There are 12 known stars within 12 light years of us. Traveling at 1/10 the speed of light, it would take 40-100 years to get here from a planet in orbit around any of those stars. The distances are mind boggling. 

So, for starters, where do you think the aliens are coming from?

Edited by Hyperionxvii

59 minutes ago, ufoguy said:

There is plenty of footage of real aliens

So stop beating around the bush - JUST POST THE BEST EXAMPLE.  We'll happily discuss it fairly.

If you can present a logical case to support it, you'll win.  It's not rocket science..... (oh, wait..)

BTW, a quick warning - if you now provide a long list of examples, we will take the first on the list to be the very best example.  If it's not very good, we're not going to drill down - we know how the Gish Gallop technique works..... it doesn't work here.

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

So stop beating around the bush - JUST POST THE BEST EXAMPLE.  We'll happily discuss it fairly.

If you can present a logical case to support it, you'll win.  It's not rocket science..... (oh, wait..)

BTW, a quick warning - if you now provide a long list of examples, we will take the first on the list to be the very best example.  If it's not very good, we're not going to drill down - we know how the Gish Gallop technique works..... it doesn't work here.

His style seems to be that he says you should believe, but you will not believe what you obviously should and then proceed to ignore his opportunity to back up his claims.

It's sort of like this:

Ufoguy: There are aliens, I have proof, video!

You: let's see it.

ufoguy: Why won't you believe? It's real, because I said so, I have poof.

You: Let's see it.

ufoguy: You just won't accept all my proof! Do I have to bring the alien to your door!

You: let's see the video.

ugobuy: *crickets*

Edited by Hyperionxvii
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hyperionxvii said:

Nope, I absolutely can be convinced if you show me proof.

I'm not asking you to bring the alien over to my house. Just tell me what you think is proof, and present it.

"no footage in this universe"

The universe. So exactly where do you think those aliens live that they our currently coming to visit us?

There are 12 known stars within 12 light years of us. Traveling at 1/10 the speed of light, it would take 40-100 years to get here from a planet in orbit around any of those stars. The distances are mind boggling. 

So, for starters, where do you think the aliens are coming from?

From different parts of the universe and from other dimensions and some from the future...and remember space is like a fabric u dont have travel in linear from one part of the universe to the next...dont u watch star trek or star-gate? 

Edited by ufoguy
  • Sad 1