Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO at Iwo Jima 1945, claims Scott Waring

Eldorado

"I was looking at old historical film archives and found this one that really grabbed my attention. Not only is there a UFO that flies past the most memorable and historical moment of the Iwo Jima battle, but as it flies past, the soldiers turn from looking at the flag to looking at the UFO and then its cut out!

"There is 10-30 seconds missing from this historical film! Why? Because someone else also saw it and wanted to remove it from US history. However they did a poor job and the cut is not only deliberate, but obvious to all who see it."

Does Scott do this for attention or does he really believe, is what I'm wondering.

Edited by Eldorado

Saddest thing about this is that the raising off the flag was staged for the cameras.. 

now before anyone says.. I am not saying it did not happen.. it did.. but when it was first raised they did not catch it on camera.. so this is the staged footage.. 

oh as for the ufo.. heh.. at a guess its a plane.. 

• Like 1

The most obvious answer is "it's an airplane", but the narrator dismisses it in just six words: "It doesn't look like an airplane." How you can tell with such certainty with such blurry footage I don't know.

The point is, at a time and place like this "airplane" is the most likely answer. I'll even guess it's a Vought Kingfisher, a float plane carried by a lot of American warships at that time for observation purposes. It had a pontoon underneath that was nearly as large as the fuselage, which would give it a blobby appearance at long range in blurry video.

• Like 2

Helicopter.  I can see the blades turning.  The sound of it probably got the soldier's attention because they sound like gunfire.

helicopter.png

I would guess the footage was edited for security reasons to avoid the Russians getting a close look at the helicopter, or the flag raising had occurred at a later date and the presence of the helicopter would make people question the day it was filmed e.g. March 23rd instead of February 23rd.  Could be any reason really.  e.g.  They cut the film short because of faulty film in the camera, or somebody walked in front of the camera and they had to cut the film, or a fly landed on the camera lens and they edited it out, or the film just had to be trimmed to save time for the cinema news reel and they lost the original.

Edited by TigerBright19
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Eldorado said:

Does Scott do this for attention or does he really believe, is what I'm wondering.

I'm pretty sure he does it for the ad revenue. More videos means more views, which in turn means more money. The best thing to do is not to click on his videos as it only gives him more money and thus more incentive to continue. In short: Don't click on it !

20 minutes ago, TigerBright19 said:

Helicopter.  I can see the blades turning.  The sound of it probably got the soldier's attention because they sound like gunfire.

helicopter.png

I never knew they had helicopters at Iwo Jima. :tu:

• Like 2

On 1/4/2021 at 10:27 AM, TigerBright19 said:

helicopter.png

I would guess the footage was edited for security reasons to avoid the Russians getting a close look at the helicopter, or the flag raising had occurred at a later date and the presence of the helicopter would make people question the day it was filmed e.g. March 23rd instead of February 23rd.  Could be any reason really.  e.g.  They cut the film short because of faulty film in the camera, or somebody walked in front of the camera and they had to cut the film, or a fly landed on the camera lens and they edited it out, or the film just had to be trimmed to save time for the cinema news reel and they lost the original.

Heh, I'm wrong. Yep, go with this explanation rather than mine.

I mean, I was willing to write off this explanation on the grounds that (a) I certainly couldn't see the turning blades even in the close-up, and (b) obviously no helicopters were used in WW2.

Then I saw the photo, and a couple of minutes research showed that I was very wrong on point (b). (Point (a) is obviously far more subjective, but I thought a reasonable point to make.)

But, having said that, in a sense you could call the helicopter a WW2-era UFO. I mean, how many people would have seen a helicopter at that time? No wonder one of the men in the flag-raising party looked up at it.

• Like 1