Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Belief in my own ability.

To do list

I do a lot of art from oil paintings to air brush art to standard pencil sketching, I have learned to refine my technique and created my own style which I am happy with. I use art to relax and reflect on day to day crap, my release. Does any of this have to do with a God?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, To do list said:

I do a lot of art from oil paintings to air brush art to standard pencil sketching, I have learned to refine my technique and created my own style which I am happy with. I use art to relax and reflect on day to day crap, my release. Does any of this have to do with a God?

Which airbrush do you use?

Edited by the13bats
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Which airbrush do you use?

Badger for fine work. Chinese knock offs for fill work why?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, To do list said:

Badger for fine work. Chinese knock offs for fill work why?

I use them myself, my dad was many things and when he passed in 2014 i was given his airbrushes he used for taxidermy, badger, paasche, wren, several others, i like a china one thats made for tattoos, make up and cake for my mud and rust,  i use them mostly to patina my wasteland rc cars,

What paint do you like to use?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, To do list said:

why?

Because theres more to life than politics ;)

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, the13bats said:

I use them myself, my dad was many things and when he passed in 2014 i was given his airbrushes he used for taxidermy, badger, paasche, wren, several others, i like a china one thats made for tattoos, make up and cake for my mud and rust,  i use them mostly to patina my wasteland rc cars,

What paint do you like to use?

I use standard acrylics mixed with distilled water and windex

• Like 1

I use standard acrylics mixed with distilled water and windex

A few took a lot of cleaning my dad had used lacquer in them, had to replace all the gaskets etc, fish paint is really beautiful stuff, its like painting candies or metal flake on cars.

Same here on acrylic paint but i play with adding alcohol to that mix so it flashes at different rates,

On a plastic truck roll cage i spray bombed it an aluminum color after that dryed i took my muddy rusty mix color and shot it over the aluminum so it would flash quick and chip easy,  worked out fun.

Ive also used the air brushes for halloween props and make up on people, i like them a lot.

• Like 2

Did a God give me this ability  not finished just an idea for a larger submission soon. four layer stencil all drawn and cut by myself.

1609748884375_compress5.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Very stunning work :tu:

One subject i do avoid not sure why but religions and God i deem sacrosanct in a way,

Did God give you your talants with art? I would say thats for you to figure out.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, To do list said:

IMG_20180806_193601.png.a2c8ca025ede93ddab6784c2302c5712.png

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, To do list said:

It depends on how you contextualise God. 
Most faith systems would tell you your innate talents were written into you before you were you. I tend to hold the idea that our potential is infinite and held back only by the amount of time and energy we are prepared to put into something (which is influenced by our temperaments). That would then mean that the divine put that infinite potential into us. 
However - that position requires a creator deity who is involved in the creation process beyond casting clay into a shape and letting it form as it would form. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, To do list said:

Did a God give me this ability  not finished just an idea for a larger submission soon. four layer stencil all drawn and cut by myself.

1609748884375_compress5.jpg

Don't know about "god given",but that's damn good!...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, President Wearer of Hats said:

It depends on how you contextualise God. 
Most faith systems would tell you your innate talents were written into you before you were you. I tend to hold the idea that our potential is infinite and held back only by the amount of time and energy we are prepared to put into something (which is influenced by our temperaments). That would then mean that the divine put that infinite potential into us. 
However - that position requires a creator deity who is involved in the creation process beyond casting clay into a shape and letting it form as it would form. 

I have just had bowel surgery they found a large tumour almost blocking my large intestine. They do bowel screening here, I did the test it was picked up thankfully, in recovery now but on chemo to fight off any bits floating around. I use my art to relax. Just wondered if this is all a test by something bigger. Or is it just life regardless? I am still a none believer but can see how some would make the call.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, To do list said:

I have just had bowel surgery they found a large tumour almost blocking my large intestine. They do bowel screening here, I did the test it was picked up thankfully, in recovery now but on chemo to fight off any bits floating around. I use my art to relax. Just wondered if this is all a test by something bigger. Or is it just life regardless? I am still a none believer but can see how some would make the call.

I’m glad you’re still with us. FWIW, while I believe in God, I do not believe that He takes His time to set tests for us. 

• Thanks 1

Sorry to hear,glad they caught it and hope your recovery goes well...

I'm not religious myself,even after i almost died in a car wreck years back...i just felt "lucky" i guess you'd say.

I've known others who were similair to myself who survived something bad and became true believers...

Honestly i believe your original question only you personally can answer.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CrimsonKing said:

Sorry to hear,glad they caught it and hope your recovery goes well...

I'm not religious myself,even after i almost died in a car wreck years back...i just felt "lucky" i guess you'd say.

I've known others who were similair to myself who survived something bad and became true believers...

Honestly i believe your original question only you personally can answer.

So does that make a God a personal thing a belief a comforter? Or does some fear drive anyone towards something unrational ?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, To do list said:

So does that make a God a personal thing a belief a comforter? Or does some fear drive anyone towards something unrational ?

Good question...

For some it's one or the other,for others it can be both...and then for a few,it's neither.

I believe one's belief in a god is something personal to each individual that believes...that's why even though i don't believe,i never attack others for theirs.

Kind of a "too thine own self be true" sort of deal...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, CrimsonKing said:

Good question...

For some it's one or the other,for others it can be both...and then for a few,it's neither.

I believe one's belief in a god is something personal to each individual that believes...that's why even though i don't believe,i never attack others for theirs.

Kind of a "too thine own self be true" sort of deal...

Indeed.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, To do list said:

Perhaps. Do you let your mind wander when you paint? What do you think about when you paint. I do my best thinking when I'm playing Jewels Tutankhamun, a silly match three game on my tablet. It frees my consciousness, while keeping my mind busy. A form of meditation. Also meditation is when you are your most intuitive. Tmalss, if you were focusing on god while painting, then the answers you get are yours, and yours alone. Stay focused, go with what feels right, instead of what anyone else thinks. Don't carry their baggage. But, don't ignore the answers you get. There may be a sign post, or tell in someone's innocent answer. Kinda like how we fiercely sparred in the pol tab, but now? Your posts (except for some politics:P) resonated with me. Now, I call you brother. Funny world,  eh?

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

Perhaps. Do you let your mind wander when you paint? What do you think about when you paint. I do my best thinking when I'm playing Jewels Tutankhamun, a silly match three game on my tablet. It frees my consciousness, while keeping my mind busy. A form of meditation. Also meditation is when you are your most intuitive. Tmalss, if you were focusing on god while painting, then the answers you get are yours, and yours alone. Stay focused, go with what feels right, instead of what anyone else thinks. Don't carry their baggage. But, don't ignore the answers you get. There may be a sign post, or tell in someone's innocent answer. Kinda like how we fiercely sparred in the pol tab, but now? Your posts (except for some politics:P) resonated with me. Now, I call you brother. Funny world,  eh?

I draw paint doodle to help me relax and use my time for healing now, always drawn since I was a kid. Went to art college but left early needed a job to survive really. But art never left me always been with me. I like not finishing works I start, I like to move on to the next fairly quickly, not that I rush my art but I get a better feeling for the 80% complete than the never achievable 100%. Hope that makes sense, love to see some of your work please.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, To do list said:

I am sure it is not easy being in the hospital these days. I wish you a speedy recovery. Personally, art can be a wonderful skill to deal with anxiety that would come from your situation. I think you are incredibly talented and creative, I loved the way you popped the fish with red, yet kept your other colors soft. Can you share your inspiration for this piece. It sparked an eastern vibe in me. I walk more of a buddhist zen path, though. And, if you want to think that your talent is a gift from god for me, it simply says you are grateful for it. Keep painting. Happy New Year. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, To do list said:

My two cents is it is more about how you walk the path, not the path itself or that it matters what you believe, but more how you go about applying your beliefs. 

Michelle Obama once said “the path doesn’t make the person, it reveals the person.”

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 2