Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Netflix series to explore life after death

UM-Bot

I am a Netflix subscriber so I will watch this. I am already very familiar with this subject but they will probably throw in a few new tidbits I have not encountered before.

It's obvious that paranormal/crypto/alien subjects are hot on the cable TV scene for years now. And the genre does not seem to be fading out like other fads. 

I think the afterlife evidence is overwhelming and we need more media outlets to expose this stuff as mainstream science and academia is still fundamentally stuck in the materialist paradigm of reality. Certainly in my lifetime I have seen an increase in exposure to 'spiritual but not religious' paranormal and afterlife material. The tide is turning towards a new prevailing paradigm. 

• Like 4

Should be interesting, I'll certainly be watching this one.

• Like 1

I love watching silly little ghost story shows and stuff like this.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

It's obvious that paranormal/crypto/alien subjects are hot on the cable TV scene for years now.

Everybody loves a good story...

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

I think the afterlife evidence is overwhelming

...and that's all there is. Stories.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

58 minutes ago, zep73 said:

Everybody loves a good story...

...and that's all there is. Stories.

‘Stories’ does not imply false or unimportant. Most of these stories are honest people sharing their experiences.  That is valuable information to consider in my overall assessment.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 5

I'll certainly give it a watch. Since my NDE I've always enjoyed watching people tell stories of what happened to them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh no that skeptical bat has dropped out of his belfry, no, not on my head. Well not this time.

How does one explore life after death, something like the fictional movie flatliners?

Pretty much every religion and lots of self proclaimed non religious types believe in an afterlife, and rightly so as the opposite is a bit grimm,

of course we have no evidence as stories are not evidence to me, we have stories of "near death" experences but we dont for example have Houdini keeping his promise to come back and say the magic word to bess,

The show might be fun for a few minutes most tellers of near death experence seem sincere but sincerity isnt proof of claims,

Oh wheres that link of the video where physics proof there is no afterall...that might up the mood.

leaving.gif.b57024a27058dbd02429058301f5ecab.gif

Anything with cognition after death would be awesome ! But my hopes are pretty low.

Edited by Jon the frog
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, jethrofloyd said:

'life after death' .... isn't that a contradiction?

EMI1.jpg?w=980&q=75

• Haha 5

8 hours ago, the13bats said:

Oh no that skeptical bat has dropped out of his belfry, no, not on my head. Well not this time.

How does one explore life after death, something like the fictional movie flatliners?

Pretty much every religion and lots of self proclaimed non religious types believe in an afterlife, and rightly so as the opposite is a bit grimm,

of course we have no evidence as stories are not evidence to me, we have stories of "near death" experences but we dont for example have Houdini keeping his promise to come back and say the magic word to bess,

The show might be fun for a few minutes most tellers of near death experence seem sincere but sincerity isnt proof of claims,

Oh wheres that link of the video where physics proof there is no afterall...that might up the mood.

leaving.gif.b57024a27058dbd02429058301f5ecab.gif

Try starting with hospice nurse, and carer's experiences, and work back from there. I would trust one of these angels over anything when it comes to end of life. Too many stories that repeat to call it human bias, or wishful thinking. If you can wrap your head around that honestly, you're ready to move on in your research 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jethrofloyd said:

'life after death' .... isn't that a contradiction?

A catch phrase. Terminal happiness, dying to live, etc. Nothing more nothing less. Just because you died, doesn't mean theirs no life beyond. It's the same you, just in a much better suit of clothes. Pure sentient energy. They laugh, they cry, they feel joy, and theres humor to boot. But you're not going to be sitting on a bloody cloud with a harp. You're either learning, or teaching, or both at the same time. The whole place is run by much higher mathematics than anything we'll ever see on earth. If anyone actually took the time to research this, there would be a lot more thoughtful people on UM. Theirs lots more, but I wouldn't want the critics having a heart attack, and dying from laughter reading my post.

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Try starting with hospice nurse, and carer's experiences, and work back from there. I would trust one of these angels over anything when it comes to end of life. Too many stories that repeat to call it human bias, or wishful thinking. If you can wrap your head around that honestly, you're ready to move on in your research 

Sure no doubt hospice workers are kind souls but in no way does caring for a terminal person while they shuffle off this mortal coil prove afterlife, neither does near death experience if one knows how the brain works and we are all human and our brains do share some traits and functions.

And of course no life after death is a horrifying proposition for some who would rather be wishful thinking than face the possibility that they have faith in a concept that has no proof only desire, belief and faith, isnt that enough for you? I see its not, you question your own beliefs or wouldnt be replying to me.

All that you replied to jethro is your desire your opinion its in no way fact or proven if you could present proof you wouldnt need to digress by poking at skeptics that they will laugh at you.

I assure you im not laughing if you could prove your beliefs you would do so and it would change life as we know it. There is no reason to persecute me because my opinion is different than yours, and my opinion is there is no proof of life after death so i have no conclusion on it.

i admit i have an odd misplaced respect for religion and this is right there so im not coping out but i do not want to further my part in this discussion anything that can be said to me ive already addressed so please respect me back on that.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Sure no doubt hospice workers are kind souls but in no way does caring for a terminal person while they shuffle off this mortal coil prove afterlife, neither does near death experience if one knows how the brain works and we are all human and our brains do share some traits and functions.

And of course no life after death is a horrifying proposition for some who would rather be wishful thinking than face the possibility that they have faith in a concept that has no proof only desire, belief and faith, isnt that enough for you? I see its not, you question your own beliefs or wouldnt be replying to me.

All that you replied to jethro is your desire your opinion its in no way fact or proven if you could present proof you wouldnt need to digress by poking at skeptics that they will laugh at you.

I assure you im not laughing if you could prove your beliefs you would do so and it would change life as we know it. There is no reason to persecute me because my opinion is different than yours, and my opinion is there is no proof of life after death so i have no conclusion on it.

i admit i have an odd misplaced respect for religion and this is right there so im not coping out but i do not want to further my part in this discussion anything that can be said to me ive already addressed so please respect me back on that.

You didn't even digest what I said before you replied with almost the exact same thing you've said in other posts. Watch the vids. Learn something. Stretch out for once. You can't deny something without actually learning about it. Otherwise your just asking everyone to carry your baggage. Speaking without knowing is.... there's a name for it. Slips my tounge at the moment though. Watch. The. Vids, Bats. Besides, if your mind is so set, then watching some vids shouldn't be a problem. Or are you afraid to find out that your perceived reality isn't what you thought it was? I was scared, but I had no choice but to find what comes next. It's nothing more than a personal paradigm shift. We've been through many of them, and always survived intact. I am not trying to persecute you, just asking you to be willing to look. If you're mind isn't changed, so be it. But at least try.

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

Thread cleaned

Keep it civil folks.

22 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

I am a Hospice caregiver, while walking the journey of death with anyone is an incredible honor and incredibly interesting, and profound there is no reason to conclude that there is anything conscious beyond biological death. I have a good friend as we speak in hospice now and we talk daily and the concerns are more about the life she led and how grateful she is for it and how freeing it is to choose her own experience for the end. Meaning, it is her show and she gets to decide what she really wants and it isn’t more life or suffering. In fact, the souls I have had the honor of being their caregiver at the end were not afraid, wanting more life  but free, really free. Death is a gift as hard as this is to hear this is a common sentiment. In fact, I have heard this more than once from one who gets the news they are terminal. “Thank god for death.” Just my two cents. 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 6

47 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

I am a Hospice caregiver, while walking the journey of death with anyone is an incredible honor and incredibly interesting, and profound there is no reason to conclude that there is anything conscious beyond biological death. I have a good friend as we speak in hospice now and we talk daily and the concerns are more about the life she led and how grateful she is for it and how freeing it is to choose her own experience for the end. Meaning, it is her show and she gets to decide what she really wants and it isn’t more life or suffering. In fact, the souls I have had the honor of being their caregiver at the end were not afraid, wanting more life  but free, really free. Death is a gift as hard as this is to hear this is a common sentiment. In fact, I have heard this more than once from one who gets the news they are terminal. “Thank god for death.” Just my two cents. 

Thank you for that. If you wouldn't mind, type life after death experiences of hospice workers, and carers(volunteer sitters) into your browser. There are lectures, testimonials, and experiences, of not just just hospice workers or carers, but the hospice doctors themselves. Take notes, and look for matching data. After all what is science if not collecting data. You may be surprised at the results. I do not doubt your experiences, but it takes much more than one data set to come to a conclusion. Again, thats science. I did not take this journey with a slack jawed acceptance of everything I read. I was as hard a skeptic as anyone on U.M, but there comes a point when the overwhelming amounts of matching data sets collected is too huge to ignore or deny. Matching data from all over the world. But, if you don't want to, or it makes you too uncomfortable, I understand completely. Sincerely,

Hank

I'm sorry, but I just notice you used the word souls instead of people. How curious,  in regards to your content.

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 2

I really think that this could be an awesome philosophy discussion on this subject. This is the tab for it after all. Not to mention the subject is becoming more mainstream every day.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Thank you for that. If you wouldn't mind, type life after death experiences of hospice workers, and carers(volunteer sitters) into your browser. There are lectures, testimonials, and experiences, of not just just hospice workers or carers, but the hospice doctors themselves. Take notes, and look for matching data. After all what is science if not collecting data. You may be surprised at the results. I do not doubt your experiences, but it takes much more than one data set to come to a conclusion. Again, thats science. I did not take this journey with a slack jawed acceptance of everything I read. I was as hard a skeptic as anyone on U.M, but there comes a point when the overwhelming amounts of matching data sets collected is too huge to ignore or deny. Matching data from all over the world. But, if you don't want to, or it makes you too uncomfortable, I understand completely. Sincerely,

Hank

I'm sorry, but I just notice you used the word souls instead of people. How curious,  in regards to your content.

I have been on many hospice jobs Hanken, my two cents is not more worthy then yours, and thank you for your grace and kindness. I responded with a different  perspective only and thank you for listening. And, sharing, there is no right or wrong jsut two people talking. All the best. I have looked into the life after death and been a witness biological death is the end, but one can certainly hope for more. All the best dear Hanken. :wub:

1 minute ago, Sherapy said:

I have been on many hospice jobs Hanken, my two cents is not more worthy then yours, and thank you for your grace and kindness. I responded with a different  perspective only and thank you for listening. And, sharing, there is no right or wrong jsut two people talking. All the best. I have looked into the life after death and been a witness biological death is the end, but one can certainly hope for more. All the best dear Hanken. :wub:

You are a marvelous person. I have more respect for what you do, than any other occupation in the world. A new age Florence Nightengale. I would be happy to pass on in your care. Bless you.

Hank

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hankenhunter said:

You are a marvelous person. I have more respect for what you do, than any other occupation in the world. A new age Florence Nightengale. I would be happy to pass on in your care. Bless you.

Hank

I would be honored. :wub:

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

I would be honored. :wub:

Sean is a lucky man. Or, he's just like you. Perhaps we'll meet on the other side , if there is one, and share a laugh.:innocent: :D

• Thanks 1

It was interesting series fo sure. Watched the whole thing in one night. The parts about mediums were plain stupid though. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have heard of this but haven't had the chance to watch it yet.   Sounds interesting.  

• Like 1