Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Netflix series to explore life after death

UM-Bot

41 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

There is a perpetrated narrative that mediums are all crooked or self-deluded and fail when seriously tested.

It is the controlled nature and discipline in these controlled experiments that I believe the average person has not looked into.

Who is the 'better medium' who succeeded when 'seriously tested', and when and where did this occur?  What controlled experiment hasn't been looked into?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Liquid Gardens said:

Who is the 'better medium' who succeeded when 'seriously tested', and when and where did this occur?  What controlled experiment hasn't been looked into?

The show which is the OP topic and the link I provided gives all those references. Serious scientific work requires some homework for those interested.

I watched Episode 1 tonight on the Near Death Experience. It is a rather pro life after death series  but it’s data that does indeed seem to counter the materialist view of consciousness. 

This episode pretty much touched only on things I’ve heard before but it’s great to see this stuff in the mainstream like Netflix.

I watched the first episode about NDE's and the fourth episode Signs From The Dead. My friend told me all about the second and third episodes which were about mediums. She googled one of them and there are some articles about her being a fraud. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Love Buzz said:

I watched the first episode about NDE's and the fourth episode Signs From The Dead. My friend told me all about the second and third episodes which were about mediums. She googled one of them and there are some articles about her being a fraud. 

I couldn't finish the third episode. She was so clearly a fraud. Doing mediumship behind a curtain. Taking people's money. "Ectoplasm as". 

Skipping it was a good choice. I haven't watched the fourth one yet.

Edited by spartan max2

49 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

I couldn't finish the third episode. She was so clearly a fraud. Doing mediumship behind a curtain. Taking people's money. "Ectoplasm as". 

Skipping it was a good choice. I haven't watched the fourth one yet.

I watched the third episode too. I doubt that medium was a fraud actually if she made it into a documentary of this quality. I know the closed off box looks hooky but the consistent explanation is that any light will cause a sudden recoil of the ectoplasm badly injuring the medium. As suspicious as it looks these mediums (as told in the episode with the wax hands and feet experiments) seem to be doing things  that are not explainable as trickery. The better ones have actually have been thoroughly tested in the  most controlled conditions.                                                                                                

Edited by papageorge1

27 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I watched the third episode too. I doubt that medium was a fraud actually if she made it into a documentary of this quality. I know the closed off box looks hooky but the consistent explanation is that any light will cause a sudden recoil of the ectoplasm badly injuring the medium. As suspicious as it looks these mediums (as told in the episode with the wax hands and feet experiments) seem to be doing things  that are not explainable as trickery. The better ones have actually have been thoroughly tested in the  most controlled conditions.                                                                                                

What ones have been tested in the most controlled conditions and of not been found to be a fraud? (Asking for a link)

20 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

What ones have been tested in the most controlled conditions and of not been found to be a fraud? (Asking for a link)

You should have saw that in Episode 3 with the waxed hand testing under controlled conditions. It's inclusion in the episode was supposed to show performance occurs under controlled conditions. 

Anyway one link discussing controlled testing of alleged real physical mediums.

Also I think like many things the so-called skeptic community has done a strong job of making fraud the default conclusion for many.

Edited by papageorge1

Listen to these two audio tapes. Then cross reference the data to any other past life regressionists from around the world and watch the matching data pop up. It's quite amazing. Matching data does not lie. Even the most hard core skeptics have to respect matching data.

On 31/01/2021 at 7:46 AM, papageorge1 said:

You should have saw that in Episode 3 with the waxed hand testing under controlled conditions. It's inclusion in the episode was supposed to show performance occurs under controlled conditions. 

Anyway one link discussing controlled testing of alleged real physical mediums.

Also I think like many things the so-called skeptic community has done a strong job of making fraud the default conclusion for many.

Very well said. I've noticed they try to shut you down without actually reading, or watching the material supplied. Ive found it to be a colossal waste of time as their minds are set in stone. The fact that they try, and fail to ridicule you shows where their maturity levels are. What's that old saying about resorting to insults? I use to see it in the pol tab constantly before I left. It's one of the reasons I left. To much negativity, and old baggage.

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Very well said. I've noticed they try to shut you down without actually reading, or watching the material supplied. Ive found it to be a colossal waste of time as their minds are set in stone. The fact that they try, and fail to ridicule you shows where they're maturity levels are. What's that old saying about resorting to insults? I use to see it in the pol tab constantly before I left. It's one of the reasons I left. To much negativity, and old baggage.

I don't believe I have ridiculed anyone on this thread.

I didn't respond to Papa's link because I was hoping he would share like a link to a single journal study not a third party site that interprets the studies for you.

I was too busy to get into it but it wasn't anything personal against him.

2 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

I didn't respond to Papa's link because I was hoping he would share like a link to a single journal study not a third party site that interprets the studies for you.

I don't feel you personally were ridiculing me.

However, I want to respond to one thing  you said. The  Dr. Julie Beischel link I presented does cover specific testing protocols and results.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

I don't feel you personally were ridiculing me.

However, I want to respond to one thing  you said. The  Dr. Julie Beischel link I presented does cover specific testing protocols and results.

Thanks, I will tell a look when I get the chance.

9 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

My apologies for not being clear. I was in no way referring to you, my friend. I was speaking about the folks that constantly ridicule his, and others beliefs. Their proof is coming, but the problem is that when they receive their proof, it will be far to late for them to take advantage of it. That's the rub. Namaste.

https://youtu.be/DXFUUu_KvdM

...”materialism is a cultural affectation not a scientific one, it is inconsistent with the data.”.

Link will not embed. Hmmmm.

Definitely worth a watch.  Don’t be afraid.  But will the septics take the time?  

It is coming and there is nothing they can do to stop it,  try as they might.  

Edited by Festina
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Festina said:

https://youtu.be/DXFUUu_KvdM

...”materialism is a cultural affectation not a scientific one, it is inconsistent with the data.”.

Link will not embed. Hmmmm.

Definitely worth a watch.  Don’t be afraid.  But will the septics take the time?  

It is coming and there is nothing they can do to stop it,  try as they might.  

I couldn't listen past the first sentence of the panel leader's diatribe.  It was so gooshy-wooshy crapolistic that I took the time to transcribe it:

As I was coming to the conference I was thinking, 'I wonder how many on our panel consider themselves to be 'recovering materialists' who were once immersed in materialist philosophy believing that everything has a physical basis and  that consciousness is an  epiphenomenon of the brain and now have left that perspective and have a different perspective.

...and of course everyone on the panel concurs....yes they once did not 'believe' the correct way but had changed their minds.

Well, I can tell you without a doubt..there is absolutely nothing that anyone could ever say or show to convince me of any of that life after death, consciousness exists outside of the brain functionality...blah, blah, blah.

It's silly.

Edited by joc

On 1/25/2021 at 1:18 PM, papageorge1 said:

The show which is the OP topic and the link I provided gives all those references. Serious scientific work requires some homework for those interested.

Whereas serious Paranormal work requires no homework...just make it up as you go along.  :yes:

44 minutes ago, joc said:

Whereas serious Paranormal work requires no homework...just make it up as you go along.  :yes:

I take it you dismissed the shows without watching as it's all made up. Sounds scientific :tsu:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, joc said:

It’s obvious You didn’t listen to the discussion I posted.  Lazy knowitalls.   If you did you would know better to have responded in the fashion you did.  

I find it curious that some people comment on posts that they didn’t bother to watch. 

Edited by Festina

3 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

I take it you dismissed the shows without watching as it's all made up. Sounds scientific :tsu:

He didn’t watch the panel discussion I posted — Too busy fighting nature I suppose. Did you? 

I don’t trust Netflix with this subject at all and don’t have much use for mediumship as they communicate  with “astral shells” and are possessed by something — who knows what.  But I will join NETFLIX just to give it a look and will respond back soon. 

:yes:

5 minutes ago, Festina said:

He didn’t watch the panel discussion I posted — Too busy fighting nature I suppose. Did you? 

I don’t trust Netflix with this subject at all and don’t have much use for mediumship as they communicate  with “astral shells” and are possessed by something — who knows what.  But I will join NETFLIX just to give it a look and will respond back soon. 

:yes:

I thought the videos were trustworthy myself.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

As I said , I will watch it.  But if they took a dime for their work they are frauds.  It’s a law. 

Just now, Festina said:

As I said , I will watch it.  But if they took a dime for their work they are frauds.  It’s a law. 

?? A dime for what work? What law?

4 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Which one? Netflix or the panel discussion from IANDS that I posted?