Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Another Covid Strain From S. Africa

Brandy333

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/dr-fauci-just-issued-this-warning-about-another-new-covid-strain/ss-BB1cuWkX?ocid=spartan-dhp-feeds

Another Covid strain in S. Africa, possibly thought to be more infectious than the other two.  It's not known if the current vaccines will cover it, so they may have to be adjusted.

Edited by Brandy333
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 4

Now I'm wondering if the current vaccines are not effective against this new strain out of Africa, then the people already vaccinated will have to be revaccinated with the adjusted vaccine?   I guess that means the general public will have to wait even longer to be vaccinated.   Perhaps this virus may keep putting out new strains the more we try to get rid of it.  Almost like something out of a horror picture.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Brandy333 said:

Now I'm wondering if the current vaccines are not effective against this new strain out of Africa, then the people already vaccinated will have to be revaccinated with the adjusted vaccine?   I guess that means the general public will have to wait even longer to be vaccinated.   Perhaps this virus may keep putting out new strains the more we try to get rid of it.  Almost like something out of a horror picture.

It won't be such a big deal.  The article said that was being investigated and that the vaccines that are out now can be easily updated to handle the new strain.   In 2 years it will be just like the flu vaccine, they will create a new version every year based on best guess of how the virus will mutate.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

It won't be such a big deal.  The article said that was being investigated and that the vaccines that are out now can be easily updated to handle the new strain.   In 2 years it will be just like the flu vaccine, they will create a new version every year based on best guess of how the virus will mutate.

Well that's good news, we all need some of that.  

• Like 2

Oh for **** sakes. I just want this ****show to just end and get things back to normal already. 

Just now, MysteryMike said:

Oh for **** sakes. I just want this ****show to just end and get things back to normal already. 

There's no such thing as normal.  Just breathe deeply, take a break.  In 2 years when we are used to this virus like we got used to the flu then you can go back to thinking normal is real.

• Like 2

Next thing you know it'll become airborne.

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

Coronavirus African Variant Forecast

Source

South Africa coronavirus variant is a greater concern - https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/arizona-science/2021/01/12/u-k-virus-likely-arizona-but-south-africa-strain-worries-more-scientsts/6597367002/

Source

The last I checked, there were approximately 195 nations on earth.

Africa, the place with the worst suspected variant of the coronavirus, picked months ahead of time.

Just another random vocabulary meandering on the most popular paranormal site on the planet?

Mother is capable of staying one step ahead of U.S., and while I’ve asked for mercy, the United States is so poorly equipped for displaying common sense that I can’t see how her mercy will help U.S. much.

”The peril to come, will be directly proportional to the denial of the power at hand.”

The Eclipse of Houston

This was explained elsewhere, but you throw the NSA a bone, and they can’t digest supernatural help.

Google in quotation marks: "War with the earth, is like trying to land a man on the sun."

It’s a lot narrower in scope than Shakespeare’s “to be or not to be, that is the question.”

For the sake of a few good men, Mother, please relax your hand, nunc.

Thanks

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Confused 1

Raptor Witness

I suspect that Donald Trump thinks his appearance in the year of a solar eclipse, stretching from sea to shining sea, is purely by accident also.

War with the earth is like trying to land a man on the sun. 

5268359952_e7dfc6c35a_o.jpg

5007711261_139a9ee7fa_z.jpg

Edited June 4, 2017 by Raptor Witness

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

Well - that says it all.  Even the computer has no idea what Rabid Witness said.  Why is there no emoji for "What the fliick are you dribbling on about?"

• Haha 3

Looks like this variant from SA will reduce the efficacy of the current vaccines.

The good news is that the Modern vaccine was worked out in 2 days - that is the beauty of mRNA vaccines. Tweaking the vaccine for variants will be quick and as has been pointed out the safety and efficacious nature of tweaks of a vaccine is easier than the original battery of tests as is shown by flu vaccines each year

• 2 weeks later...

Exclusive: Biden to impose South Africa travel ban to combat new COVID-19 variant - CDC - Reuters JAN 25, 2021 

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Joe Biden will impose a ban on most non-U.S. citizens entering the country who have recently been in South Africa starting Saturday in a bid to contain the spread of a new variant of COVID-19, a senior U.S. public health official told Reuters.

My advice to President Biden, and his excellent new team, is to more aggressively look for any African variant in the United States. The sad truth is, it’s probably far too late to do much about it, but given my accuracy to date, the greatest danger will likely come from this line of the solar virus.

I would aggressively focus on genomic testing wherever the virus is exploding currently, and look for a situation where the virus could leap frog from veterinary workers to any mammals, and then back again. I would also focus on felines, but not exclusively, and here is why.

Mother is likely going in for the kill, with this mutation, and you can be under no illusions at this point, what her intentions are. Without an about face related to the two issues I previously raised here, she will continue her operations.

How do I explain this, any clearer, to mortal men? All this talk I hear of “defeating the virus,” and “beating the virus,” is utter nonsense.

A virus is not who you are at war with, Mr. President, and I speak this out of sincere respect.

What did I say, specifically, about your bow and arrows?

https://twitter.com/raptor_witness/status/1156957410117992450?s=21.    - https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/topic/329416-perilous-premonitions-2019-2020/?do=findComment&comment=6791076 Mother's Savage Words 9-12-2017.jpg - with PC File Date Tag

South Carolina detects first US cases of coronavirus strain first seen in South Africa - CNN 1-28-2021

South Carolina officials have announced the United States' first two confirmed cases of a more contagious coronavirus strain first spotted in South Africa.

There is no known travel history or connection between the cases, both adults, according to a release Thursday from the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control.
Both cases were originally tested in early January, according to Dr. Brannon Traxler, the health department's interim public health director.
Traxler told reporters that both cases were tested by PCR "very early in the month," are no longer contagious, and are doing well. 
"It does take a while for sequencing to be done," Traxler added.

I'll bet it does "take a while," Dr. Traxler .... especially when Mother Earth is breathing down your neck with an army that you have no military weapons to defend against.

However, finding this is better late than never, so let's give credit where credit is due. 

The sad truth is, at every turn in this pandemic, history will record that the United States was "frozen:"

Raptor Witness

• Savant
  • pip_5500.gif
  • Raptor Witness
  • 5,520 posts

• ראה

The human species thinks it knows best for everyBody, but now, a new room has been ordered for everyOne.

Death is all around us, yet life Flickrs in a flame not yet Flung.

See it, Mother, on the mountain; gasping, a gurgling brook of failure, Tortuous moaning, the bleating of the last surrender. 

The United States; frozen like a mummy, sickening hunger, the pain of a newdawn trauma.

Worlds away, I seek the outcasts, but the beast does not derive .... easy sniveling.

Cantor, I said, thunder from afar ... to her breastplate. 

Moaning, like the mummy, dies, then cries.

A storm is coming, a greenish, dark mass, the smell of iron in her blood.

Hurry, up the stairs, set free the angel of the dark room, in heavenly light.

Edited December 16, 2019 by Raptor Witness

Edited by Raptor Witness

• 2 weeks later...

South Africa pauses AstraZeneca vaccine rollout after study shows it offers less protection against variant - CNN February 7, 2021

South African health officials said Sunday they're pausing the country's rollout of AstraZeneca's coronavirus vaccine after a study showed it offered reduced protection from the Covid-19 variant first identified there.

Mother, it seems, is in no mood for mercy. She’s moving in her reinforcements.

Edited by Raptor Witness