Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Nation on the verge of a nervous breakdown

Eldorado

26 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

I'll second that. 

NW, you must be feeling great. That's awesome.

Were you referring to the weight loss, or the lack of COVID cases? :P Chuck was the one who mentioned the weight loss.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Were you referring to the weight loss, or the lack of COVID cases? :P Chuck was the one who mentioned the weight loss.

Ha, yes , I got confused. Doesn't take much :lol:

I thought I read the other day you were on a fitness hit and got mixed up. Should really have my glasses on........ 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Ha, yes , I got confused. Doesn't take much :lol:

I thought I read the other day you were on a fitness hit and got mixed up. Should really have my glasses on........ 

That is true! I am on a fitness hit, so I can see why you got confused.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hmmm.... we are in the Philosophy & Psychology forum, aren't we?

If it's not already obvious - by the mere fact you are reading this - I'm going to raise a question that perhaps may even may even be worthy of it's own thread.

Why do those that claim they don't care, feel the need to announce they don't care?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/18/2021 at 9:10 AM, XenoFish said:

I used to be just as afraid and paranoid as most of you. But I guess I gave up worrying. 

Hi Xeno

I would think that I am not alone when I say that I don't worry about it or am paranoid. Because of my work I use safety equipment all the time, safety glasses, masks, gloves, harnesses and vests to name a few I understand the risks and take active measures.

On 1/18/2021 at 8:55 AM, XenoFish said:

I pity you. It's as if the magic vaccine will just proof this situation away. 

We now have a history for creating vaccines so it's not like the very first time that a vaccine is created and past performance has been a benefit for all of us so yes i do have a confidence in people that work in these fields just like any other professional in any other trade/industry.

jmccr8

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Golden Duck said:

Hmmm.... we are in the Philosophy & Psychology forum, aren't we?

If it's not already obvious - by the mere fact you are reading this - I'm going to raise a question that perhaps may even may even be worthy of it's own thread.

Why do those that claim they don't care, feel the need to announce they don't care?

In the same vein... Why do some people (like me) say they know the answer to that question, but then ... refuse to give it?

:ph34r:

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

In the same vein... Why do some people (like me) say they know the answer to that question, but then ... refuse to give it?

:ph34r:

Well, @ChrLzs, You obviously know I am the Golden Duck.  They speak about me in comparison to John Eales.

I'm nothing, if not perfect

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Well, @ChrLzs, You obviously know I am the Golden Duck.  They speak about me in comparison to John Eales.

I'm nothing, if not perfect

Ah yes, the great philosopher - I can see the uncanny resemblance.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Masks help,   The vaccine will help.  Anything that helps...helps. :)    My nephew was whining about wearing a mask. And how it is an infringement of his civil rights. .  He said he only wears it because he has to ...the store won't sell him groceries without one.    Then he said... "It's just thinning the herd Unc.   ....to which I blew up at him and yelled...'well, that sucks!..because it Kills the elderly and sick and vulnerable"..    I told him it isn't a political issue!...it is a Medical issue.. period! 

Peace and good Health to all y'all !      (I'm in a good mood because the MRI showed that my liver is "fine").  

• Thanks 3