Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Nation on the verge of a nervous breakdown

Eldorado

7 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Just to add something regarding mask.

https://msphere.asm.org/content/5/5/e00637-20

OK, so I read the paper from that link.

Before I respond, though... can you tell me where there may be some flaws within their study? Can you also elaborate on what your point was? “Just to add something” is vague. I am interested in what the intention was behind that citation.

Edited by Nuclear Wessel
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, XenoFish said:

It’s an opinion piece from a non-epidemiologist written at a time when the virus was still very much novel.

I was thinking more of a peer-reviewed analysis/study, by epidemiologists.

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, XenoFish said:

I used to be just as afraid and paranoid as most of you. But I guess I gave up worrying. 

Now I can’t be certain of this, but my thoughts are that you never took the pandemic seriously to begin with. You’ve expressed scepticism on the vaccine and the pandemic since it began.

Edited by Nuclear Wessel
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Now I can’t be certain of this, but my thoughts are that you never took the pandemic seriously to begin with. You’ve expressed scepticism on the vaccine and the pandemic since it began.

Here I was thinking skepticism was a good thing. Apparently if I'm not towing the line like everyone else it's wrong. Sorry I don't blindly and stupidly accept what the media tells me. 

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

Here I was thinking skepticism was a good thing. Apparently if I'm not towing the line like everyone else it's wrong. Sorry I don't blindly and stupidly accept what the media tells me. 

It is but not when your scepticism runs the risk of putting the lives of others in danger.

• Thanks 2

Just now, Nuclear Wessel said:

It is but not when your scepticism runs the risk of putting the lives of others in danger.

How am I putting others in danger? I'm not preaching anything. I'm not shaming others from wearing mask/not wearing mask. I still put on that damn face diaper whenever I have to go into a business. I still stay the hell away from others because I'm basically anti-social. I'm just not certain of the numbers and completely uncertain of this vaccine. At this point I'm not certain that I've / we've been told the whole truth or a half truth. So I'll just have to take my chances. 

9 hours ago, joc said:

How long have you know Xenofish?  Why would you be willing to bet against what someone just matter of factly told you?  Never mind responding back.  I won't see it.  Just rhetorically wondering why you doubt what he said.

Mate, we all know him.

I'd back NW on this one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Even worse is mock skepticism. Gleaning the internet for fringe sites to quote outdated work and the opinions of failed losers who aren't good enough to be accepted by mainstream. 

It's not hard to find kooks on the internet. 

• Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Mate, we all know him.

I'd back NW on this one.

I stand with both NW and Psyche on this too. Your right, I would not take Xeno’s opinion as fact either. 
I listen to the medical profession. 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

I stand with both NW and Psyche on this too. Your right, I would not take Xeno’s opinion as fact either. 
I listen to the medical profession. 

I'm allowed to have an opinion aren't I? Has that become another forum no-no?  Don't think, don't have your own views, just conform to the consensus. 

I'm allowed to have an opinion aren't I? Has that become another forum no-no?  Don't think, don't have your own views, just conform to the consensus. 

You are spreading propaganda. You did not even site a legitimate resource. No wonder you don’t like the mask and are afraid of the vaccine.

Do yourself a favor and choose resources that are based in fact, there is nothing to argue about or defend.

Just stand corrected.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

You are spreading propaganda. You did not even site a legitimate resource. No wonder you don’t like the mask and are afraid of the vaccine.

Do yourself a favor and choose resources that are based in fact, there is nothing to argue about or defend.

Just stand corrected.

I'll do as I damn well please. 

10 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I'll do as I damn well please. 

Those suggestions are only going to benefit you, man.

• Thanks 2

Everyone is allowed an opinion.

Just as everyone is allowed to point out how stupid and uniformed it is. 

• Thanks 2

Just now, psyche101 said:

Everyone is allowed an opinion.

Just as everyone is allowed to point out how stupid and uniformed it is. 

So anyone who doesn't blindly agree with you. 

Just now, XenoFish said:

Do you honestly think I care? 

I'm not sure, but I hope so. Why wouldn't/shouldn't you?

• Like 1

Anyone who can't back their BS.

I'm not sure why BS artists think their idiotic ideas are compulsory reading, or validated. 

• Like 1

I've disagreed with psyche before and he has never done what you're implying.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Selfish people don't give a rodents rectum about anyone else.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

There's no point in caring. One thing 2020 taught me is that the few whom I had high regards for on here never deserved it.

Edited by XenoFish

16 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Those suggestions are only going to benefit you, man.

10 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

He cares, this is typical Xeno not a happy camper and looking for something to rage against. 

So he comes here and finds bears to poke. I am sure he will find a few get his relief and grandstand a big exit, while hoping there will be those who beg him to stay. 

I have watched him do this for years, I am with you, I hope he finds a better way for his sake if nothing else. 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sherapy said:

He cares, this is typical Xeno not a happy camper and looking for something to rage against. 

So he comes here and finds bears to poke. I am sure he will find a few get his relief and grandstand a big exit, while hoping there will be those who beg him to stay. 

I have watched him do this for years, I am with you I hope he finds a better way for his sake if nothing else.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQQbycQo5cbLMfsiPbe4Sy

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

I've disagreed with psyche before and he has never done what you're implying.

Me too, Andy wants to work things out, regardless. He is a class act. His authenticity is just hard for those who need to or are looking to find theirs. IMHO

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 1