Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Grabber.

sykanie83

Once, when i was alot smaller. I used to stick my legs under the dishwasher, and everytime i would get pulled in by this Black, robotic arm that had 2 weird things that curved upward, like it was meant to grab something. And it wrapped around  my foot. And every time i would blink, i would appear in bed. Now i know it couldve been a dream. But, i dont remember how i wouldve appeared in bed. It just confuses me. Once i didnt blink for about 4 seconds, (cause i blinked alot) and what i saw, was what you may not belive. It looked like a whole factory under there. Like black conveyors and arms that looked like the same thing. They were picking up things. Like little boxes. And i blinked and right in my bed, with the covers. Can someone maybe explain what i couldve went through? Its hard to describe but it was like a square thin metal stick, that had 2 boxes, the top one curved up and the one on the bottom pointed down. And then, on those little square things, the top one pointed down and the bottom one pointed up, and then the thing would close and wrap around my foot. Once, i had a dream that under my grandmas dishwasher, in her house, the thing went out of the dishwasher, but the arm, it looked like it stretched on and on, like. It was extremely long. I tried running but it grabbed me and when i blinked, i woke up.. I have an image of it, it should appear here. Im not a good drawer. But thats kinda what it looked like. Just in all black.

grabber.png

• Like 2

Sounds like a dream a kid would have. 

Think about this, do you remember in real life how or why you would have stuck your legs under the dishwasher?

When I was a kid, about 5-6 years old, we lived in this huge old farmhouse. It was like a mansion. There were all these floors and winding staircases and so many rooms it just seemed too mysterious and scary for me. There was this huge old dining room table. There were large landowner farms all around there and one time my dad was talking to a neighbor and they had a barn that had this enormous bull in it. That thing was terrifying to me.

I started having these dreams that I would get up in the night and try to go to the bathroom and I'd get lost in the house. It was that big, but in my dream, it as even bigger and like a maze. I'd walk around and just try to find my way back to my room and I couldn't. So then, I'd hear the dining room table coming up the stairs to get me, it had come alive. And then on another stairs, it was the bull coming to get me. They had teamed up to come and get me. I'd start screaming for my parents and then I'd wake up. I had those dreams most of the time we lived there 

Kids have crazy dreams.

Thanks for posting that. 

Edited by Hyperionxvii
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Welcome to the forum @Priced

7 minutes ago, Hyperionxvii said:

Sounds like a dream a kid would have. 

Think about this, do you remember in real life how or why you would have stuck your legs under the dishwasher?

When I was a kid, about 5-6 years old, we lived in this huge old farmhouse. It was like a mansion. There were all these floors and winding staircases and so many rooms it just seemed too mysterious and scary for me. There was this huge old dining room table. There were large landowner farms all around there and one time my dad was talking to a neighbor and they had a barn that had this enormous bull in it. That thing was terrifying to me.

I started having these dreams that I would get up in the night and try to go to the bathroom and I'd get lost in the house. It was that big, but in my dream, it as even bigger and like a maze. I'd walk around and just try to find my way back to my room and I couldn't. So then, I'd hear the dining room table coming up the stairs to get me, it had come alive. And then on another stairs, it was the bull coming to get me. They had teamed up to come and get me. I'd start screaming for my parents and then I'd wake up. I had those dreams most of the time we lived there 

Kids have crazy dreams.

Thanks for posting that. 

Just out of pure curiosity i guess.

• Like 1

Again memory is always in flux and kids have vivid imaginations, likely you dreamed it, was it real or was it memorex?  or your dishwasher hid a portal to a vast unknown world that wanted you to join them ;)

Edited by the13bats

7 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Again memory is always in flux and kids have vivid imaginations, likely you dreamed it, was it real or was it memorex?  or your dishwasher hid a portal to a vast unknown world that wanted you to join them ;)

Depending on if it's a Samsung dishwasher or not. Samsung has amazing engineers, their washing machines are known to explode. How do make a washing machine explode? Only Samsung knows! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Priced said:

Just out of pure curiosity i guess.

You posted in the right forum. I enjoyed the post. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hyperionxvii said:

Depending on if it's a Samsung dishwasher or not. Samsung has amazing engineers, their washing machines are known to explode. How do make a washing machine explode? Only Samsung knows! 

I think Samsung had the same problem with their cell phones and refrigerators

• Like 1

Just now, Desertrat56 said:

I think Samsung had the same problem with their cell phones and refrigerators

I have all 3, lol. I hope they don't explode, I'm going go be seriously mad! 

• Haha 2

Just now, Hyperionxvii said:

I have all 3, lol. I hope they don't explode, I'm going go be seriously mad! 

My friend had the model of washer that had problems and they replaced it with a new one.  You probably don't have the model with the problem

Tinas mom got us totl LG washer/ dryer it didnt explode, yet, but it also doesnt wash very well unless you really are kind to it.

1 hour ago, Hyperionxvii said:

it was sure as hell electrical, idk about samsung.

2 hours ago, the13bats said:

Tinas mom got us totl LG washer/ dryer it didnt explode, yet, but it also doesnt wash very well unless you really are kind to it.

Front loader? I hated my LG front loader. Finally replaced it with a Maytag, top loader with an agitator. It works so much better.

To the OP, your dishwasher should have had a kickplate on the front to cover the under part of the dishwasher. I’d say it was just a dream.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, the13bats said:

i doubt it being a dream because i dont remember going to bed.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SecretSanta said:

Front loader? I hated my LG front loader. Finally replaced it with a Maytag, top loader with an agitator. It works so much better.

To the OP, your dishwasher should have had a kickplate on the front to cover the under part of the dishwasher. I’d say it was just a dream.

i hope it was. But it happened in the middle of the day. And i would always wake up right when i blinked. Idk.

3 minutes ago, Priced said:

i doubt it being a dream because i dont remember going to bed.

Right, you should read up on sleep and dream issues and stuff, its very interesting stuff,

So you believe a weird world portal that tries to grab kids with a claw is more likely than a vivid lucid dream?

No, but arent lucid dreams dreams where you can do whatever you want? Im not sure. But the chances of being thrown into a weird portal by a robot arm than a dream, chances are never zero, but i go with dream for now.

How would you go about sticking your feet under the dishwasher? Now-a-days there isn't a lot of room for anything under there. Except for food bits and missing socks. Was this dishwasher different than ones today? Roughly what year are we talking about here?

i cant exactly remember.. But i dont remember it having or not having a under thingy. Idk. Its just sum i wanna share here and maybe find some answers.

16 hours ago, the13bats said:

Oh my.  I have GE washer that's two years old and is great, only problem I have with it is the design of the soap dispenser.  I have a GE dryer that is 20 years old and still works.  Just have a problem with the knob, had to mark new lines to tell where to start.  Something slipped but not worth trying to fix.

:lol: strange thread drift for sure!

Edited by Desertrat56

16 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

Oh my.  I have GE washer that's two years old and is great, only problem I have with it is the design of the soap dispenser.  I have a GE dryer that is 20 years old and still works.  Just have a problem with the knob, had to mark new lines to tell where to start.  Something slipped but not worth trying to fix.

:lol: strange thread drift for sure!

The Grabber has grabbed the thread! 

• Haha 1

This reminds me of when I was about 4 or 5 and for some reason the toilet cistern lid was off (for a repair maybe) and I swear I saw it filled with machinery like cogs and wheels!  I am over 70 now and I still remember it.  Did I see cogs and wheels because that is what I expected to see (as a small child might imagine it to be)?  I can’t see why else as there is only a ballcock and lever, and water of course.  Just goes to show how the memory works, or fails to work!  :lol:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Susanc241 said:

This reminds me of when I was about 4 or 5 and for some reason the toilet cistern lid was off (for a repair maybe) and I swear I saw it filled with machinery like cogs and wheels!  I am over 70 now and I still remember it.  Did I see cogs and wheels because that is what I expected to see (as a small child might imagine it to be)?  I can’t see why else as there is only a ballcock and lever, and water of course.  Just goes to show how the memory works, or fails to work!  :lol:

Here in the US, we call that the tank. The cistern is the big concrete thing buried in the backyard when you don't access to a city sewage system. I personally have never seen cogs and gears in the tank of a toilet. It's always just some variation of a float and a valve that flushes the bowl.