Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Manwon Lender

New State of Matter Called 'Liquid Glass'

the13bats

In the 80s i used a car polish called liquid glass,

• Like 1

Manwon Lender
25 minutes ago, the13bats said:

In the 80s i used a car polish called liquid glass,

You know what I think I also remember it, that's wild man you just gave me a flash back!!:wacko:

Take care Bats 

sykanie83

d r i n k i t

• Like 1

NCC1701

They're to late, they sell the stuff all over the internet already LOL.

• Like 1

Poncho_Peanatus

Didnt the Romans invent it? I remember kaisar Tiberius throwing the inventor out of a cliff because of some tax related issues?

• Thanks 1

Cookie Monster
On 1/8/2021 at 9:45 AM, Manwon Lender said:

Nice find but its not a new discovery.

Super-cooled liquids such as glass have been known about for a long time. If you try making ice-lollies at home you will notice you get a solid block off ice rather than the same texture as one you buy from the shops.

The difference is they used boiling water to make the commercial lolly-pop, then cooled it very fast so that its molecules didn`t have time to change into a solid lattice. In essence, its cooled molecules in a liquid lattice. With glass you don`t have to cool it quite as fast, in fact you would have to cool it slowly in a controlled environment to give its molecules time to arrange into a solid lattice. The only think different with the research linked too is they found a way of having a mixture of solid lattice glass and super-cooled liquid lattice glass.

• Like 1

Manwon Lender
2 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Nice find but its not a new discovery.

Super-cooled liquids such as glass have been known about for a long time. If you try making ice-lollies at home you will notice you get a solid block off ice rather than the same texture as one you buy from the shops.

The difference is they used boiling water to make the commercial lolly-pop, then cooled it very fast so that its molecules didn`t have time to change into a solid lattice. In essence, its cooled molecules in a liquid lattice. With glass you don`t have to cool it quite as fast, in fact you would have to cool it slowly in a controlled environment to give its molecules time to arrange into a solid lattice. The only think different with the research linked too is they found a way of having a mixture of solid lattice glass and super-cooled liquid lattice glass.

But, this thread has nothing to do with a Super Cooled Lquid, nothing at all. The thread concerns the state of Matter that is created when glass is in between solid and liquid this is what the discussion is actually about my friend.

Obviously you did not watch the videos, may I suggest that you watch one or the other, that will answer your question in more detail than I am able to.

Thanks for your post.

Manwon Lender
19 minutes ago, Poncho_Peanatus said:

Didnt the Romans invent it? I remember kaisar Tiberius throwing the inventor out of a cliff because of some tax related issues?

Honestly I don't know, but I am certain they did make it. Let me check it out, no they did not invent it. Below explains what I have discovered.

Little is known about the first attempts to make glass. However, it is generally believed that glassmaking was discovered 4,000 years ago, or more, in Mesopotamia.

https://www.cmog.org/article/origins-glassmaking

Thanks for your post.

Poncho_Peanatus
2 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Honestly I don't know, but I am certain they did make it. Let me check it out, no they did not invent it. Below explains what I have discovered.

Little is known about the first attempts to make glass. However, it is generally believed that glassmaking was discovered 4,000 years ago, or more, in Mesopotamia.

https://www.cmog.org/article/origins-glassmaking

Thanks for your post.

yeah I know now, it was flexible glass. But it seems more like a urban legend from those times.

Damn I find it incredible, that even the frigging ROMANS had to deal with conspiracy theorist and dark technology proponents. Wow just....wow.

Cookie Monster
12 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

But, this thread has nothing to do with a Super Cooled Lquid, nothing at all. The thread concerns the state of Matter that is created when glass is in between solid and liquid this is what the discussion is actually about my friend.

Obviously you did not watch the videos, may I suggest that you watch one or the other, that will answer your question in more detail than I am able to.

Thanks for your post.

I did, and they are trying to frame super-cooled liquid glass as something new.

The only new thing they have done is have a mixture of solid glass and super-cooled liquid glass.

Manwon Lender
21 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

I did, and they are trying to frame super-cooled liquid glass as something new.

The only new thing they have done is have a mixture of solid glass and super-cooled liquid glass.

Yes that is what they did, and in the process they discovered a newer state of matter.