Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

WhatsApp forcing users to share personal data

fabsx

WhatsApp is forcing users to share personal data with Facebook, and Elon Musk is urging people to switch to Signal, a smaller encrypted messaging app

https://www.businessinsider.com/whatsapp-forcing-users-to-share-personal-data-facebook-elon-musk-2021-1

WhatsApp's new privacy policy and terms of service, effective February 8th, 2021, make data sharing between WhatsApp and Facebook mandatory. This time, there is no option to opt out of this data sharing.

You should know that WhatsApp is changing their privacy policy so that they can harvest more of your personal data (including your private messages). They Will share your harvested personal data with Facebook and whoever they decide to.

https://www.whatsapp.com/legal/updates/privacy-policy/?lang=en

If you don't accept their new policy, you will be prevented from using WhatsApp. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I never used WhatsApp and I don't use facebook anymore.   What does whatsapp do anyway?  

• Like 1

Just now, Desertrat56 said:

I never used WhatsApp and I don't use facebook anymore.   What does whatsapp do anyway?  

Messaging app owned by facebook.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Eon said:

Messaging app owned by facebook.

Oh, ok.  Well that makes sense then doesn't it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Since Elon suggested it I might try Signal, but I really don't need a messaging app, I have text on my iPhone and I can use that on my Macbook with anyone who has an iPhone, iPad or Macbook.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, glorybebe said:

I use Telegram.   It is more secure

Yea anything is compared to whatsapp

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"A WhatsApp spokesman did not clarify why the platform decided to make the change but said it would not affect EU- and UK-based users."

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

"A WhatsApp spokesman did not clarify why the platform decided to make the change but said it would not affect EU- and UK-based users."

If that’s true then it won’t affect me