Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Apple to develop a self-driving electric car

Eldorado

Hyundai Motor Co. looks to be in the early stages of discussions with Apple Inc. to jointly develop and produce self-driving electric cars, a move that could reshape the global electric vehicle market if realized.

A Hyundai Motor official said on Jan. 8 that multiple global automakers, including Hyundai, are in negotiations with the US firm for a possible EV tie-up, although the South Korean company’s talks with Apple are just beginning.

Full story at the Korean Economic Daily: Link

At CNBC: Link

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5G oh 5G wherefore art thou 5G... 

~

I honestly can't wait for the self driving car revolution.

I would love not having to drive. Just sit in the car doing **** while it takes me to work.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dreamer screamer said:

Can't wait to come back when humans given up using their brains.

I trust computers to drive more than I trust humans to drive lol.

6 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

I trust computers to drive more than I trust humans to drive lol.

<_<  I dunno..

Accidents can happen regardless it seems.    When you're 18 years old you can't wait til you get the keys to your first car.    When you are 60 and the traffic is a nightmare, you really do want a car to drive itself.

6 minutes ago, Dreamer screamer said:

<_<  I dunno..

Accidents can happen regardless it seems.    When you're 18 years old you can't wait til you get the keys to your first car.    When you are 60 and the traffic is a nightmare, you really do want a car to drive itself.

Yes. There are wrecks on the highway like everyday. 

Computers don't drive drunk, or half asleep, or get distracted.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Yes. There are wrecks on the highway like everyday. 

Computers don't drive drunk, or half asleep, or get distracted.

What about hacking?  Can you imagine a clever kid who knows how to hack.  To him it's just like playing grand theft auto 12, but with real lives!!!  :o   What will be the difference with computers games and reality?

2 minutes ago, Dreamer screamer said:

What about hacking?  Can you imagine a clever kid who knows how to hack.  To him it's just like playing grand theft auto 12, but with real lives!!!  :o   What will be the difference with computers games and reality?

Im not sure if it works that way.

Airplanes are pretty much automated except for takeoff and landing. I have never heard of them being hacked.

I'm sure they are looking into to that. The companies know they could be sued if driverless cars are not safe. 

5 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Im not sure if it works that way.

Airplanes are pretty much automated except for takeoff and landing. I have never heard of them being hacked.

I'm sure they are looking into to that. The companies know they could be sued if driverless cars are not safe. 

Not if they put a clause in the contract where they take no responsibility for acts of GOD!!   How many people know how to read a legal document?

2 minutes ago, Dreamer screamer said:

Not if they put a clause in the contract where they take no responsibility for acts of GOD!!   How many people know how to read a legal document?

I feel like you naturally imagine the worst case scenarios haha.

I get it, I do that all the time in my personal life situations.

Driverless cars are going to be pretty regulated by the government before they officially are allowed on the road.  Because like you there are many others who will need to be sure that they are safe before they allow it.

I've always been told that "liability waivers" and take no responsibility clauses actually don't hold up very well in court.

Specially if it's a class action lawsuit or prosecuted by the government.

1 minute ago, spartan max2 said:

I feel like you naturally imagine the worst case scenarios haha.

:(  I know.....:cry:

I get it, I do that all the time in my personal life situations.

:lol:

Driverless cars are going to be pretty regulated by the government before they officially are allowed on the road.  Because like you there are many others who will need to be sure that they are safe before they allow it.

I've always been told that "liability waivers" and take no responsibility clauses actually don't hold up very well in court.

Specially if it's a class action lawsuit or prosecuted by the government.

what if owner was asleep in the back of the car and someone hit the driverless car?   How many witnesses are there?  Do you think that someone could get away with lying the driverless car caused the accident?   Of course there will be evidence, but a computer can't go to court and hold a bible to swear it will tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth.:P